PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Missing Boat

caution a-head
04-07-2004, 10:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone heard why they are not using the Mark Twain in Fantasmic. I know they did use it a couple times after it came off refurbishment and now they have it docked. I love that part of the show when Steam Boat Willie drive the Mark Twain with all the happy characters on it. :|

kijay
04-07-2004, 10:50 PM
I remember reading on the boards something about the pontoons that were replaced during the recent rehab affected the speed of the boat and that they were working it out. Guess they still haven't got it right yet. :rolleyes:

TDBearGrrl
04-08-2004, 06:03 AM
The way I heard it...

Yes, the boat is too heavy now and it does not get 'out of the way' in a timely manner. Entertainment sees this and says "Nope, its not ready to be used in this show until you fix it." Maintenance says "What? We just spent $$ on that darn thing and it works just fine. It would cost $ to fix those problems. Why don't you re-time your show?"

Disclaimer: I don't know that I got the names of the departments involved exactly right. I used these two potential department names to illustrate the fact that two departments are arguing different points of view.

Kevy Baby
04-08-2004, 06:52 AM
The issue being that the Twain can't get out of the way in time to avoid teh flames. It may float good, but it would quickly go up in flames.

Not Afraid
04-08-2004, 08:58 AM
I think they are going to try to solve the Ballast issues before re-choreographing the entire show. There would be sooo much to do to change the choreography - music alone would be a huge issue, not to mention the timing of the effects and the CMs. Certainly trying to solve the ballast issue first is the more effeciant way to go.

Tech5
04-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Speed is the issue with the Twain. Since the new hull was put on, the boat is heavier and tends not to have the speed needed to clear the flame effects at the end of the show. It also has been hitting the dock at Frontier Landing to do "going full blast".

NO, we will not be "re-doing" Fan in anyway to correct an error on Parade Maintenance's side. To re-time or change Fantasmic would require hundreds of man hours, a minimun of 3 weeks of Cast rehersals, and 2 weeks of Tech training/rehersals, which would cost more than totally re-doing the Twain again. Parade Maintenance is working on the problem, and may have come up with a "quick fix", which will be tried this weekend at Fantasmic. They are planning on "shiming" up the paddle wheel, which would give it more speed. The dock issue is also attempting to be corrected.

Parade Maintenance is working on this. Trust me, every CM who works Fantasmic wants the Twain to return, as we all really dislike the stage ending to the show.

Hope this helps.......
Tech 5

Doombuggy999
04-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I read it was a speed issue, also.

Tambour
04-10-2004, 01:41 PM
nice moniker Tech5... will you be at tonights rehearsal?

;-)

King of the Frogs
04-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Saw her running full-speed-ahead in the show on Sunday - makes a huge difference.

Guess they got it right.... :D

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-12-2004, 09:12 PM
I sure hope the fix is a permanent one. I love that part of the show and I know my 2 year old will love it in May!

happyhaunts999
04-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Glad to here it was fixed at least for now. Fantasmic is really not the same without it.

3IdAlienKid
04-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Glad to here it was fixed at least for now. Fantasmic is really not the same without it.Good to hear it's back.

Now all we need is to get a brand new Ursula.