PDA

View Full Version : ToT merchandise?

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-07-2004, 08:52 PM
I was just wondering, if anyone knows, what merchandise will be available once the attraction is actually open (i.e. sold this summer)??

Thanks,
John

SykoSoul
04-07-2004, 08:55 PM
most likely shirts.. cups? hats? key chains?

happyhaunts999
04-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Everything that you currently see the in the park with one exception.....they will all have a ToT logo on them.

zapppop
04-07-2004, 09:04 PM
If you have an A.P. you can go to the DLR website and see what will be offered.

disneydreams
04-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Here's a link (http://www.tower-of-terror.com/merchandiseAttraction.html) to a website that has a few ToT merchandise...but these are for WDW, not DCA, but they'll likely be the same as the ones in WDW, maybe just a few changes and tweaks.

There's gonna be more merchandise than what the provided link (above) displays...

HTH bathrobes, towels... (http://www.tower-of-terror.com/VRtowerhotelgiftsone.html)

links from www.tower-of-terror.com

Edit to add
:| I type slow...two people beat me before I could actually post my..post :|

KarenW2
04-08-2004, 12:03 AM
If you go here, you can see they'll have shirts, mugs, hats and picture frames.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/event?id=TZTOTMerchandiseEventPage&CMP=ILC-TZTOTSOMerch

storescm99
04-09-2004, 11:20 AM
None of those pictures do the merchandise justice. The store looks fantastic!! Of course there will be shirts, mugs, keychains... but there are 4 main logos that will be available.

1. The HTH logo (same Hotel merch. as Florida)
2. Character logo (on the DLR website - "Drop into the Zone")
3. Attraction logo (very similar to Florida)
4. "Edgy" logo. This logo is very Sex Pistols, very Dragonfly, and a little abstract. There are t-shirts that say "condemned" on the front, with an awesome TOT logo on the back.

Along with the "Edgy" theme, they will be carrying some non-Disney product that fits with the macabre theme of the attraction, i.e. Skulls, goth necklaces, etc.

That answer your question?

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Yes, thanks everyone for the info. I guess I have to save alot of money for our next trip :~D

John

sediment
04-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Along with the "Edgy" theme, they will be carrying some non-Disney product that fits with the macabre theme of the attraction, i.e. Skulls, goth necklaces, etc.

They sell this kind of stuff at the gift shop at the exit of BTMRR as well.

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I was wondering how much and how available this is:

http://www.marcuse.net/ebay/figure1.jpg

Is this a limited edition cast exclusive? Can I get this anywhere besides ebay?

Thanks again,
John

DCAWhites
04-21-2004, 08:08 PM
^you can buy it in the tot gift shop :D Bit pricey....but nice...

MonorailMan
04-21-2004, 08:31 PM
^you can buy it in the tot gift shop :D Bit pricey....but nice...
How Pricey? :)

cstephens
04-21-2004, 11:07 PM
It's $75, and it's an amazing piece. It has light up stuff in the front to simulate the ride, and there's a sound sensor as well so that if you clap your hands in front of the piece, it emits people's screams. Really awesome piece. I managed to walk out of the store without it after my first ride and first round of purchases, but the second time, I had to have it. It's going on the same shelf as our castle and hub pieces.

Mickeyslittlehelper - I'd definitely just buy it from the ToT store if you can.

I really loved the merchandise in the store, and yeah, there's a lot of it. My favorite ride logo is the falling one with the characters. I think I've managed to talk myself out of the t-shirt (I really don't need another t-shirt), but I'm still trying to talk myself out of the mug (I really don't need another mug). But my favorite merchandise, much like ToT in Orlando, is the Hollywood Tower Hotel stuff. When we were in Orlando almost 5 years ago, we came home with the "do not disturb" door hang and one hand towel. We bought a hand-towel this time as well just because (I do like the WDW version of the HTH logo better though, and I think their dark green color scheme is more elegant and foreboding), and I also picked up the logo magnet and two postcards, one from the prime days of the HTH, and one that's a lenticular with the falling characters. We also picked up a beanie of Goofy dressed as a doorman. He's just too cute. And we ended up buying both pictures from the ride. I don't think I've ever bought any of those kinds of pictures before, but the first one was too good, and the second one was just too funny. And given the discussion we had, we'll probably end up buying a third picture if we ever manage to get the picture we want.

I can always tell how much I like something by how much of its merchandise I buy...

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Thanks cstephens! I cant wait to go on a shopping spree! But do you think the model will still be for sale in August?

Thanks again,
John