PDA

View Full Version : Refurb update

Ghoulish Delight
10-19-2001, 10:01 PM
We just got back from DL and we've got an update on Fantasy Land. Peter Pan and Toad's were still open as of today, Friday. Fantasy Land is once again connected, however it's NARROW getting past the Mad Hatter. Tea Cups and Matterhorn are still closed. Alice is open. The new paving is really nice.

Question. We took a look at Alice to see if we could notice a new coat of paint or something. It was night, so we couldn't really tell. However, I think I noticed a change and I want someone else with a better memory than me to confirm it. You know right in front of the ride operator stand there are two tall purple leaf things with a lamp post shaped like a stem between them? That's always been there, I know that. But I just noticed one in the planter about half way down the queue. This has one big leafy thing, plus another lamp post. Was that always there? I swear I've never seen it before. I could be wrong though, but it's right next to the queue and I think I would have remembered being close enough to that to touch it. And I swear I've never touched it.

Oh yes, more unveiling. The rework of the planters in Adventure land is done. There are two or three new planters (CP and I are debating how many). Either way, there are two types. One is low, at bench height, but there's a rail around it that makes it not quite a full bench, but confortable none the less. There's a tall, real tree in the middle. Plus, there are lanterns hanging from what supposed to be carved wooden branches. The second type of planter is high, with no rail. It's about waist high, still low enough to boost yourself up and, without the rail, is nice and sitable. It also has a tree and the lanterns. While they were building it, we saw these lantern holders peaking over the construction walls. At first we thought they were the antlers of a huge dear sculpture! A quick peak throug the cracks though told us otherwise.

That's all the info we got. Of course, by tomorrow, all of Fantasyland could be closed and they could have ripped out every tree in Adventureland. So hey.

Dlandmom
10-22-2001, 01:20 PM
Update for Monday, October 22:

Tea Cups look to still be a ways off from being complete. The exterior holiday light for It's A Small World looks to be completed, and they're announcing on the Disneyland Railroad that the holiday version will be open November 2. Matterhorn is still down, but it doesn't look to be as much going on around it...maybe it'll be up again soon.

There are still really short waits for Nightmare Before Christmas on the weekdays if you get there before noon...at most 5 minutes! No kidding!