PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newbie. Idaho Dland FAN!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-05-2004, 11:14 PM
I finally got my membership activated and can stop lurking.
I am Lori, a stay at home mom to a 30 month old and a 9 month old. I grew up in AZ and our family took an annual trip to Dland since I can remember. I wasn't able to go last year, with being PG with my 2nd son and then his arrival in July we just didn't get a chance to fit it in to our schedule. My older son has been there 2 times, well once when I was 5 months PG with him and then when he was 13 months old. We have our next trip planned May 18-23 and I CANNOT wait!
I was sad to see my favorite kiddie ride added to the refurbishment schedule though, Alice in Wonderland. :( But I am thrilled to see that Matterhorn will be open, it has been on the refurbishment schedule the last few times I have been there and I am looking forward to riding it. Thankfully we will be bringing my mom, aunt and 16 year old cousin, they will meet us the last half of our trip, so my husband and I can go to some of the clubs in Downtown Disney and go on some of the E ticket rides.
Does anyone know what the minimum age is for the canoes? My son will be 32 months when we go and I know he would love them.
Also, should we do the character breakfast? He just went to see the Easter bunny and ran up to him with open arms so I don't see characters being a problem for him. My little guy won't be bothered by them either.
We are staying at the Howard Johnson's and from what I have read the remodel of it has made it a nice hotel.
Anyway I am glad I found this site and can't wait to start posting.

Saratoga75
04-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Welcome! I hope you have fun on your trip, dont forget to go on tower of terror, Im going exactly month after you go, and im looking forward to it.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Oh yeah have to go on Tower of Terror. I made sure that we were going late enough in the month so that we weren't there at the opening but still going to beat the summer crowds.

Saratoga75
04-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Yea, i was trying to get to disneyland earlier, but College finals dont end till early June, and im waiting till June 22-24 when the parks are open a bit later, but tower of terror should definately be a good addition to CA Adventure!! How are things up there in Idaho? One of my friends and his family live up in Coeur d'Alene, always wondering how things are there, so diffrent from here in Southern California.

danyoung
04-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Hey there, Idaho DLand Fan! I'm a former Idahoan myself (Twin Falls area - Jerome, to be exact), currently in Dallas. Where in Idaho are you? And welcome to the forum!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
I moved to Idaho in 1998 and we live north of McCall. About 5 hours from Coeur d'Alene. I love it here but I hate the winters. I was SO glad to see the spring like weather arrive. It is sunny and 71 today. PERFECT!

danyoung
04-06-2004, 06:13 PM
You're living in God's country there. We used to have our summer camp in McCall - loved it! (Sorry for the thread derail - there just ain't much opportunity to talk Idahoan here in Texas!)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Yes it is God's country for sure. This time of year the weather is perfect. I need to get out more. HEHE
Talk Idaho all you want! :)