PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Mickeys

Ace
10-19-2001, 07:56 PM
How many hidden mickeys can you name off the top of your head RIGHT NOW?

Cadaverous Pallor
10-19-2001, 09:15 PM
Heehee, right now?

My favorite is on Indy. When your jeep picks a door, you go up towards the big Mara statue. Mara's nostrils are Mickey's ears and the indentation between his nose and upper lip is his head. Look next time, it'll blow you away!

more that I know RIGHT NOW:
The space mountain queue light screen
Grates next to trees in the hub of DCA
Plates on table in mansion (moved for the redo)
A tiny hole in a screen in the Golden Horseshoe
Mouse ears on "Bones" in Indy
Wristwatch on skeleton on Pirates
Hole in fort wall in Pirates
Shadow of Pirate on ship
Plant table on NOS balcony
Coming out of light speed on Star Tours

Eh, that's enough for now, I think racking my brain is not "off the top of my head".

BTW - hidden means just that - HIDDEN. The Mickey on Screamin' or the Mickey formed by the Believe fireworks are NOT hidden.

Nigel2
10-19-2001, 09:45 PM
Yeah but the one on the golf ball in soarin' counts as one. I personally don't find the plate arrangement as a hidden mickey perse since I have been to places the arrange it that way, but the position of the bread plates makes it look like a mickey head. Also I heard someone (I think it was from disney magazine) that many people think the Magazine in Indy's office is a hidden mickey but apparently it doesn't count since the timing makes is just a happy accidnet.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-19-2001, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
I personally don't find the plate arrangement as a hidden mickey perse since I have been to places the arrange it that way, but the position of the bread plates makes it look like a mickey head.
In the usual Mansion configuration, only one place setting is set up as a hidden mickey. Two small plates actually touch the top of one large dinner plate. The other settings have one small bread plate, or no small plate.

Nigel2
10-19-2001, 09:58 PM
I know what it looks like, but I have been to dinner parties that somehow got arragned so every seat had a mickey mouse ears created by the bread plates. (it can only be accomplished by a table like the one in mansion)

zapppop
10-20-2001, 07:45 PM
I'm gonna take some heat for what I'm about to say but here it goes:

I used to look for them all the time.

Then I got a girlfriend.

:D

The End

Nigel2
10-20-2001, 09:55 PM
Oddly I always go with my girlfriend to Disneyland since that seems to be the only free time we have, so we go there and have fun. But anyway. There really aren't a ton of mickeys in the park, wdw is known for theirs but thats about it.

Berry Princess
10-21-2001, 04:19 PM
There really aren't a ton of mickeys in the park

Thre are actually ALOT of Mickeys and other characters. Tiki Room has some, the Pirates has a bunch, Jungle Cruise has some, Main Street, Haunted Mansion, and so many others. If you go to hiddenmickeys.org they have a reports and confirmations of hidden mickeys. I know there is a hidden Donald in the Haunted Mansion. Its on the back of the chair in the hall way. Its not hard to miss either.

I'm wondering, does anyone know of a printable list of confirmed hidden mickeys and characters? The hiddenmickeys.org site doesn't seem to have one and it would take forever to get one together. My friend and I decided since we have gone soooooo many times to Disneyland that this time we would add looking for some hidden mickeys of things to do since I am limited on what I can ride being as I am pregnant.

WizKidRyan
10-21-2001, 09:21 PM
Off the top of my head I can remember the hidden mickey on the Maliboomer, under the seats. (Watch as the people are being pulled back down to ground)

Napsto
10-21-2001, 09:45 PM
does wdw really have that much?

MammaSilva
10-21-2001, 10:10 PM
ummm ok I'm going out on a limb here but why would there be hidden mickeys at DCA....yeah I know all about the one on the golf ball on soaring..... but the original concept for DCA was totally 'no characters' of course that blew off like oh say day two after it opened....but I just don't see the imagineers sticking very many in that park....

USofA
10-22-2001, 12:01 AM
That is where the major concept of Hidden Mickeys came from-at Epcot. There was not "supposed" to be any mickey's in EPCOT so they started putting in hidden ones.

Nigel2
10-22-2001, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Napsto

Is this about Disneyland or Walt Disneyworld's mickeys?

Berry Princess
10-23-2001, 08:38 AM
Is this about Disneyland or Walt Disneyworld's mickeys?

It should be Disneyland since we are on the board for Disneyland Resort.
And does anyone know of or have a printable list of hidden mickeys at Disneyland? Thanks.

mad4mky
10-23-2001, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Napsto

Yes.

Ghoulish Delight
10-23-2001, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
ummm ok I'm going out on a limb here but why would there be hidden mickeys at DCA....yeah I know all about the one on the golf ball on soaring..... but the original concept for DCA was totally 'no characters' of course that blew off like oh say day two after it opened....but I just don't see the imagineers sticking very many in that park....

Umm, there's a huge Mickey head on the coaster. Not to say that's a hidden Mickey, but it certainly demonstrates that they have no quams about sticking our favorite corporate logo anywhere they can, even in a "character-free" park. Remember, they stick him in movies that have nothing to do with Mickey at all.

A good one at DL, that I found, is in the Star Trader. Above the exits are displays with, among other things, some musical instruments. The patter on the drum is a Mickey.

About the Mansion. I would agree with Nigel, except that there is ONLY one place setting in Mansion that is set like that. Plus, it is always said that while there are many many groups of 3 circles around the park that can be interpreted as Mickeys, very few of them are truly on purpose. The plates in Mansion is pointed to always by CMs as an example of one that definitely is on purpose (remember, it's the CMs that arrange those plates).

Oooh, another good Hidden Mickey. On Indy, after you turn left at the beggining past the doors to who know's what ;) you come into a room filled with skeletons. Look back and to the left. Leaning against a pillar on the wall directly behind the car, is a full skeleton wearing Mickey ears with the name "Bones" sewn in. Go TWICE. The first time I looked for this, I went flying by and never had a chance of seeing it. The second time through, it jumped out at me clear as day. Two other people (including Cadaverous Pallor) have had the exact same thing happen. Competely miss it the first time, and see it easily the second time. Don't know why, but it works. I guess you just adjust to the speed.

blusilva
10-23-2001, 09:26 AM
One of the birdcages in the Tiki Room has a Mickey in its design. I wasn't even looking for it and was blown away when it turned and revealed itself!

There's one in the Mansion makeover too. Just spotted it last weekend. But I'm not going to tell you where. :p

Nigel2
10-23-2001, 11:30 AM
There use to be one by Mickey's cornner (Pre DTD) right under an info sign there was a set of 3 circular stepping stones in the mickey arragnement, I would say it didn't count but the stones truly had no purpose since it wasn't an updated sign.