PDA

View Full Version : I Thought I Was Seeing Things [Wendy Face Character]

Pages : [1] 2

Rallymonkey23
04-05-2004, 09:41 AM
We were walking in Fantacyland Saturday afternoon and who walks by us?

Alice and Wendy!

I thought it was pretty strange that Wendy would be walking with Alice. But I just couldn't believe that I had just seen Wendy walking in the park. (Its been that long since the last time) I wonder if they plan on hiring a Peter Pan also? Has anyone seen Peter in the park lately?

Gemini Cricket
04-05-2004, 10:32 AM
I thought it was pretty strange that Wendy would be walking with Alice.
That's a new one to me. I've never seen Wendy.

I've heard a couple of stories from Disney Magazine about Peter showing up in WDW MK, though.

Cool. :)

jswtsang
04-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Is peter pan supposed to be rare? I met him in WDW, i even have a photo b/c he is my friend's favorite, it was his 'pick' of photos, i prefer the cuddly characters to the people though :-P

jt

Tinker Bell
04-05-2004, 11:24 AM
I saw wendy with hook on friday morn in the castle area. My daughter tried to tell her to stay away from him that was a first for me seeing her.We all so saw pocahontas thats was another first for me.

happyhaunts999
04-05-2004, 11:29 AM
I met peter at DL in 2002 and got a picture with him. I have never seen him again.

Ghoulish Delight
04-05-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty sure we've seen Peter, Wendy, Hook, and Smee within the last year. When Peter's going through the park as a face character, it's great. They always have someone very acrobatic who does back handsprings through Fantasyland, it's fun to see.

cstephens
04-05-2004, 11:39 AM

Alice and Wendy!

I thought it was pretty strange that Wendy would be walking with Alice. But I just couldn't believe that I had just seen Wendy walking in the park. (Its been that long since the last time) I wonder if they plan on hiring a Peter Pan also? Has anyone seen Peter in the park lately?

We saw Wendy with Captain Hook on Sunday.

I know I've seen a walkaround Peter at DL before.

lisap
04-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Whoohoo--I'm so glad to hear that! I was amazed to see Wendy at MK--I have never seen her at DL (and I would know; my kids have made the character rounds for about eight years now. :rolleyes: ) Peter, Hook, Smee--yes, but Wendy, never. She also gets short shrift at Halloween. We bought our own silky blue nightgown and hair bow for Char to be Wendy one year, but it wasn't "official" ;).

mad4mky
04-05-2004, 12:37 PM
OH yeah!

I have the greatest picture of my middle girl with Wendy at Magic Kingdom at WDW!
Almost everyone who sees the picture in our front entryway will ask..."who is Kendall with?" I smile...and proudly say "Wendy!" :D
We need her and Peter Pan out and about at DLR!!

Now...if we can get the Fairy Godmother to walk around DLR...that would be great!! :D

Pirate Girl
04-05-2004, 12:45 PM
I agree that it was weird to see Wendy and Alice together, usually they keep the characters with other characters from their movie or cartoon. For example, Alice with the Mad Hatter and Wendy with Hook. Although I have seen the Princesses walking around together near the castle.

Cancer Norm
04-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Posted by Rallymonkey23
I thought it was pretty strange that Wendy would be walking with Alice.

Maybe they're friends. :D

I once saw Mickey on a date with Daisy Duck. :fez:

spectromen
04-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Well they do share the same voice...LOL...

Kevy Baby
04-05-2004, 04:04 PM

Alice and Wendy!I am VERY surprised about this: Wendy wasn't due to DL until today!!! See her schedule here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=26946).

Oh, you were talking about the CHARACTER Wendy, not our beloved Wendybeth?

MCComposer
04-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Well they do share the same voice...LOL...

That's the first thing I though LOL...Did anyone talk to them? They were originally voiced by the same actress so it would be funny to talk to them side by side.

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Is it rare to see the beast form Beauty & The Beast?

cstephens
04-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Is it rare to see the beast form Beauty & The Beast?

I see him quite often, so no, it's not rare.

ChipmunkStar
04-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Yes, Wendy has been playing in the park for about two weeks now. Currently, there are no plans to bring Peter back, but you never know when they'll change their minds.

Beast isn't really "rare" persay, he does make occassional appearances by the castle with Belle, but he's never ever guaranteed to be there.

BornieoTheLoveBug
04-05-2004, 10:54 PM
I was surprised to see Jane over by the treehouse with Turk a few weeks ago.

sleepyjeff
04-05-2004, 11:09 PM
That's great that Wendy is being seen now......but what about Bambi.....Ive been looking for him since I was 12.

Cadaverous Pallor
04-06-2004, 12:29 AM
Is it rare to see the beast form Beauty & The Beast?The two of them have quite a regular meet in the early afternoons at the castle, Carnation side. If you hang out by the castle when things get busy, you can watch the princesses come out to meet and greet. They take turns. I couldn't tell you what order they come in, but you can catch Snow (and often the Evil Queen too) at Snow's wishing well, Belle and the Beast like I said, Cinderella near Belle & Beast's spot, and Aurora between the castle and Ariel's Grotto.

I've never seen Belle alone over there.

It's been a whille since I've seen the whole Pan crew, but we haven't been in Fantasyland in the afternoons in a while either. Other than that, what GD said.

Thanks to ChipmunkStar for being our inside scoop. :)

gfy4dland
04-06-2004, 06:37 AM
:D What great news! Wendy is my four-year-old's favorite character! She wants to wear a blue dress every day so she can pretend she's Wendy (and I always have to be Peter or Hook. I try to convince her that Wendy wears other colors too, but she doesn't think so.

Pirate Girl
04-06-2004, 07:53 AM
That's so cute! :)

LSPoorEeyorick
04-06-2004, 09:31 AM
I've noticed a rise in more interesting characters out-and-about. Bornieo caught Sully in DCA last month. Since the Henson deal, the Muppets have been lurking. Mulan/Mushu at the end of the Chinese New year thing... Now Wendy? Gee, we're on our way to becoming Disney-MGM Studios... I was shocked to see such a frequent rotation there of characters together in bundled groups... Hercules/Meg, Al/Jasmine/Genie, Belle/Beast, Perla/Susie, Lilo/Stitch, Mary/Penguin, and the list went on. Nice to see we're getting some of that furry action!

Now, if I could only get a picture with my beloved Robin Hood...

KarenW2
04-06-2004, 09:46 AM
We saw Wendy with Captain Hook on 3-28, the day of MouseAdventure, as we were running around, trying to answer the various questions. Since our team theme and outfits were Pirate-related, we thought it would be great to get a team picture with them, especially Hook, but we didn't have time to do it when we were playing the game and then we were so exhausted, we didn't want to walk the park again, just looking for them, for the photo op.

So we may try going back to the park on another day, just to get our photo taken with him, if we had an idea of what his schedule is. Does anyone know?

Here's a link to our team photo - we're Team #38, Captain Jack's Sparrows, complete with our Capuchin monkey mascot, "J.D." (for Johnny Depp). The link is: http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/ma040328photosa.htm

Cadaverous Pallor
04-06-2004, 10:19 AM
So we may try going back to the park on another day, just to get our photo taken with him, if we had an idea of what his schedule is. Does anyone know?I know that City Hall will tell you when and where characters will show up. I don't know if they'll tell you far in advance, but it's worth a shot...although I don't know what their direct phone number is.