PDA

View Full Version : Indy Rehab Looks Good!

MCComposer
04-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Hi everyone, this is my first post, so I hope it's good.

Went to the park on Saturday and got fastpasses for Indy. When we returned, the ride was closed and they told us to return and that they'd accept the passes anytime later that day. They did...
It looks like they've added a few props to the queue. The fastpassers are route through the large circular room with the sound FX rope (excatvation room?) The sound FX were working! The bamboo pole-cieling drop was also working. We were also routed through the film room. There is a spiel about teh seatbelts and pouches cut with different story spiels (we rode twice so I saw three different story films) but there is a warning with the saftey spiel to not look inot the eye. This made me happy because it seemed that so few people even knew to avoid the eye. The cage housing the little office in the room just beyond the film room has been redone. (The hidden mickey is no longer on the desk. There is magazine with mickey on it beneath another magazine off to the lefthand side.)
There is a new boarding area with gas cans separating the rows and new gates that look really sharp! I think the lighting in that room (especially overhead with the vines) was redone.
The first time we rode we went through the center door, second time through the right door. The different lighting effects to alter the Mara room were working. Mara's eye smokes, but no fire.
After rounding the first bend, the green fog has been fixed pumping tons of thick fog into the room and out from behind the doors. The doors also looked new and fixed with slightly more movement and brighter lighting.
Once the giant idol head comes into view the laser effect that shoots from the eye has been revived along with a very effective blst of fog.
The skeleton room looks to have been completely repainted. THere seems to be more skeletons dangling from the ceiling as well as a new effect with some skeletons popping out of a coffin. (I don't know if this was a broken effect or a new one)
The snakes at the end of the bridge breathe green fog-it looks really good. The snake room has been repainted with all the colors looking vibrant and I think new lighting fixtures. The snake Does Not move! and the sound effect is very underwhelming.
The lighting effect on the scrim above your head in the skull room is amazing!
The bugs look really good with their new projection equiptment. The rat room's projction looks much better than it used to. The curtain of fog now covers the whole shoot of the projector.
The boulder looks as good as ever and Indy himself is so amazingly lifelike I still can't get over it.
There are more cannon blasts and lighting throughout. Overall, everything looks clean, dusted, sharp, and freshly oiled.
Now the juice:
According to one CM, while the rehab was ahead of schedule, the parts for the new snake were not. The stationary one (that's right: the snake you will see when you go on it does not and is never meant to move) was installed temoporaryily so that the ride could reopen on time. The new snake will go in after the busy spring and summer season. April 3 marked the frist official day of Disneyland's spring-summer season so they don't want to close the ride during this time so the snake should be back (and better than ever) in September. I guess no one will see a moving sanke this season.
~MC~

"I'm a natural blue"
~Finding Nemo

dude
04-05-2004, 09:40 AM
All of the above sounds good to me! I went on it Sunday and used Single Rider. It was funny too, because these people just walked up and cut their way into the line, being very rude, and the look on there face when they saw a few of us walking right into the temple was priceless.

They break up the crowds in the film room by making groups at a time stand and watch the safety speil instead of zipping right through. The ride is excellent, it seems more bumpy and faster, but maybe it's just that I haven't been on it in a long time. Effects are working there that havent been for a long time, except the ice effect. The lava is nice and new looking and the projection of that freaky looking skeleton in that room with all the skulls is working again. Bug room is great with the new effect, but it's too bright.

From what I hear, the snake will be updated in September when it will move again, but it will chase the jeep occasionally.

Captain Josh
04-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Wow, this is all great, now I don't have to make up so many stories regarding warning people...now, it's just cuh-ray-zee anecdotes about my misadventures during the initial excavations...

...I'll explain it to you all some day.

happyhaunts999
04-05-2004, 11:35 AM
I cannot wait to see it 39 days and counting........

imagineerhopeful
04-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Also note that all of the Indy AA figures have been redone and now actually have visible moving jaws and lips. I do agree that the bug room projections is VERY bright but in a way it is made up by how sharp each and every bug image looks.

The lava pit is very nicely redone. One of the most improved areas is the section behind Mara's face. There are more details painted on the floor, as well as replacement candle bulbs for the skull piles.

You MUST see this. It is such a great improvement from when it went down for rehab. I was amazed.

Airspoon
04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
The last time I rode Indy (sadly, it was September of 2000), none of the "fire" effects were working, along with the effects in the rest of the park (ie: burning cabin) Have these effects been restored as well, or is it a fire marshal thing?

kimical
04-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Didnt the movie always have the part warning you not to look in the eye? I only say this because I once waited 40 minutes in that room, and I watched that video over and over....
Otherwise, the ride looks the same to me, only a few new things as mentioned above. I'm sad about the snake not coming at you, that never failed to scare me (especially if your seat was on the far right front of the car!)

Cadaverous Pallor
04-06-2004, 06:47 PM
The last time I rode Indy (sadly, it was September of 2000), none of the "fire" effects were working, along with the effects in the rest of the park (ie: burning cabin) Have these effects been restored as well, or is it a fire marshal thing?Both the real fire effects and fake fire effects (read: smoke and red lights) are working in Indy now. But the burning cabin on TSI still sits there not burning.

No one knows why they put out the cabin.

Edited to add..The saran wrap still waves in Pirates, and the ROA still ignites during Fantasmic!.

Are there any other fire effects you had in mind?

iluvwebster2004
04-07-2004, 07:11 AM
I also noticed they the painted steps before the rehab you would just go down a hill being bumped by the hydralics (sp?). As far as making people stop in the film room this is a good move for the story. Before Fastpass you would be in that room for at least one movie sometimes two. Once Fastpass came along they changed the whole way the queue works. At least now people can get a little backstory if they are unfamiliar with the ride.

I think the ride looks great. I hope the new snake is better than the old one because I always found the snake kinda cheesy.

Also, I broke down on Indy this weekend and got walked off. It was pretty cool I got to walk through the dark maze, see the rat projector, the dart room and I got to see the whole rolling boulder sequence. They even let us take pictures. I have been to Disneyland too many times to count and I have never gotten walked off a ride. I think its a pretty neat experience.

Ghoulish Delight
04-07-2004, 09:59 AM
I also noticed they the painted steps before the rehab you would just go down a hill being bumped by the hydralics (sp?). The "stairs" were always there, just hard to see.

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Also, I broke down on Indy this weekend and got walked off. It was pretty cool I got to walk through the dark maze, see the rat projector, the dart room and I got to see the whole rolling boulder sequence. They even let us take pictures. I have been to Disneyland too many times to count and I have never gotten walked off a ride. I think its a pretty neat experience. Do you think you can post some of these interesting pictures?

Thanks,
John

iluvwebster2004
04-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Sure I can post them. They didn't turn out to be very interesting though. When I post them I will let you all know.

David

SykoSoul
04-08-2004, 06:57 PM
thanks for the update info =)