PDA

View Full Version : New Skyway Video!

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin Yee
04-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Some of you may have seen my video of Skyway online before, possibly cut up into 5 parts. It was taken in 1994, on the last day of operation.

I've cut the video back together, splashed my copyright on it, prefaced it with a slideshow, and set the whole thing to area music (Alpine-sounding for the Fantasyland side of the ride-thru, and Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow for the Tomorrowland side). For those too young to remember the ride, no, it did not have an actual soundtrack - that was my addition.

It's only 8 MB, so don't expect full-screen quality here. But it's probably interesting enough to see at least once.

Enjoy!

http://visionsfantastic.com/visions.../Skyway1994.wmv
(the mirror from Chris Lang - Thanks Chris!)

http://www.cafetiki.com/Skyway1994.WMV
(my own site - not sure if it can handle the traffic)

stitchlvr
04-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Kevin.
Thanks for the great video. It sure brought back some memories. I wanted to let you know that I couldn't get the first link to work so I had to watch it on your link. So, you may get more traffic than you intended. I loved your choice of music, especially "Great big beautiful tomorrow". It was great to see the people mover and the subs, but the greatest part for me was going through the Matterhorn; I always loved that part! Thanks again.

outlaw8
04-04-2004, 07:19 PM
:crying: Thanks for the Memories Kevin...Loved the video...
I showed it to my wife and daughter and my little one wanted to go thru the mountain too... :crying: Had to tell her we can't do that anymore..
I miss that ride....

Opus1guy
04-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Great video. Thanks Kevin!

One thing...for some strange reason I couldn't get that visionsfantasic link in your post to work. Just bombed out. But going direct to their web site I got it just fine.

Your server worked fine as well.

Nancy
04-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Thanks Kevin, the video was super.Great memories!! I miss that ride so much. :D

PsychDoc
04-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Kevin, I literally teared up watching your film. It was so moving; excellent choice for your musical score. I too watched it with my daughter. It was sad telling her that she could never take a ride in the buckets. I guess it wasn't the safest ride, but I sure do miss it. Hmm...just thought of an idea. Not sure if they took down the lines or not, but they could enclose the bukets in plexiglass or metal grating, like on DCAs ferris wheel. It's so sad walking by the tram station in Fantasy Land. Such as waste of beautiful space. They really should use it for something.

Sean Menefee
04-05-2004, 08:55 PM
I checked this video out over the last hour of my marketing class and it was a very welcomed distraction. Thanks a lot for taking the time and putting it together for us, it brought back some great memories.

Morrigoon
04-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Am I the only person who can't get to either page?

MonorailMan
04-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Am I the only person who can't get to either page?
CafeTiki worked for me, but the other didn't. (As of 2 seconds ago) :)

Morrigoon
04-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Tried both, multiple times, neither seems to work :(

DisneyFan25863
04-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Kevin didn't type in the Visions Fantastic link correctly. After some searching, I found the correct link:

Skyway Video (http://visionsfantastic.com/visions/video/Skyway1994.wmv)

Hakuna Makarla
04-06-2004, 11:34 AM
I ABSOLUTLY LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! OH MAN IT WAS LIKE I WAS REALLY THERE AND SEEING OUT MY OWN LENS!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER FOR US TO SEE, I FEEL REAL PRIVILAGED TO HAVE GOTTEN TO SEE THIS. I TAKE IT THIS IS NO LONGER IN USE? YOU DID AN AWSOME JOB !! **kARLA

Towmod
04-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Excellent and thank you very much. Two observations, one how UNcrowded the park was and two, how there were once attractions that were open in Tomorrowland. Although the People Mover wasn't 'moving'! :crying:

Hakuna Makarla
04-06-2004, 01:54 PM
PLEASE KEVIN, go back to disneyland, and do more filming!! I wanted to tell you the music was adorable and I loved it. I plan on having my kids watch it when they get home from school and day care. when are you going back to disney land? and please, bring the camera!! :)

wenderella
04-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Kevin, that was so much fun! My kids who were born in 1996 and 1998 absolutely loved it. We've talked and looked at photo's of the long gone rides, but this video makes it an actual experience for them. Thanks again. We have viewed it several times and love it each time! AWESOME! :)

BELLEH5
04-07-2004, 08:08 PM
That video was Great!! Thankx Kevin. Where was the skyway tommorowland station? I know where it is in Fantasyland.

wotruba-disney
04-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Thank you for the great film. I very much appreciate your hard work. We are going Tuesday before Memorial Day. I will mail your Oscar - you are a great guy!!

Morrigoon
04-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Aw man, you guys make me want to see this SO bad, I don't know why I can't get it!

Chris Lang
04-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Aw man, you guys make me want to see this SO bad, I don't know why I can't get it!

Morri,

Are you on dialup? If so, the video has to completely download before it will start, and since it's about 8 megabytes, its going to take some time. Also, you need to be running Windows Media 9 Player.

Go to www.visionsfantastic.com and click on the Video Vault link. Next, right-click on the Skyway link and choose "Save Target as" (or 'save link as' in Netscape). Save the video clip to your hard disk and then open it after it's done. Let me know if you have more problems!

- Chris

MonorailMan
04-07-2004, 09:59 PM
No! I miss the Tommorowland of the past, the TL I never got to enjoy. Instead, I'm tuck will well, sadness. :(

But a great video! :)

kijay
04-07-2004, 10:48 PM
That was great. Thanks a lot Kevin. Great job. Really brought back the memories. Do you have any video of the Subs? Thanks again for posting the video.

Kevin Yee
04-08-2004, 03:20 AM
I do in fact have subs video. It showcases, among other things, the large ADD group going for the final day at the subs. That was a fun time, back then! This video is not yet ready for prime time - may take a few months.

Towmod
04-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Where was the skyway tommorowland station? I know where it is in Fantasyland.

Its was located inbetween the Autopia and Innoventions just to the right of the steps for the Disneyland train.

Hakuna Makarla
04-08-2004, 08:55 AM
I do in fact have subs video. It showcases, among other things, the large ADD group going for the final day at the subs. That was a fun time, back then! This video is not yet ready for prime time - may take a few months.
Please let us know as soon as it is done, sounds great!

Hakuna Makarla
04-08-2004, 08:57 AM
where can one buy VHS movies of disneyland footage? [solicitation deleted] I really would like to see ahead of time what the park looks like. Thanks **Karla