PDA

View Full Version : Is Disneyland really a good thing?

u2ugly4nebody
04-04-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure if Disneyland is a good thing after all. I live in Camarillo, Ca. It's in So. Cal. I've been going to Disneyland ever since i was a baby, but i havent gone for 2 years (since my AP expired). I've figured out that I'm a Disneyland addict. All I think about everyday is Disneyland and California Adv. I just miss the magic being in my heart when i'm on the premises of the resort. I'm not sure if thinking about Disneyland this much is a good thing after all. Seems like its a hassle. I figure if ive never been to disneyland or disneyworld then i wouldnt be spending time thinking about them.
What do you think?

Lekta
04-04-2004, 10:56 AM
First of all, I'm in the same boat, however, I am about 900 miles further away then you. You have it easy. I think about it every day for alot of the day. However much it hurts to think about it and not be there, you always got to hold on to the great memories it produced and just set you sights on the next time you will be there. There is NOTHING more magical then walking into DL on a bright sunny SoCal morning!!! 6 weeks to go for me!!! WHEEEEE!

Hakuna Makarla
04-04-2004, 11:09 AM
same here, I l ive in Montana and the cost, and the time off, and the trip there is hard for a single mom to come by, you can step into your car and be there in minutes, oh you lucky duck!

Cadaverous Pallor
04-04-2004, 11:43 AM
What do you think we fellow addicts are going to say?

"I agree, Disneyland is bad." Riiight.

Gemini Cricket
04-04-2004, 12:03 PM
I think too much Disneyland is not such a good thing. Steping away from it from time to time makes you fonder of it when you come back.

I don't think there's anything wrong with dwelling upon the things that make you happy. Disneyland makes me happy. If people think I'm odd because of it, I don't really care too much. Everybody has that thing that makes them smile. Some people never find out what truly makes them happy...

:)

iwannabeanimagineer
04-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Here's the challenge for Disneyphiles: Spend less time in the Magic Kingdom and spread the Magic throughout the Everyday Kingdom.

sleepyjeff
04-04-2004, 07:30 PM
I think too much Disneyland is not such a good thing. Steping away from it from time to time makes you fonder of it when you come back.

I don't think there's anything wrong with dwelling upon the things that make you happy. Disneyland makes me happy. If people think I'm odd because of it, I don't really care too much. Everybody has that thing that makes them smile. Some people never find out what truly makes them happy...

:)

I totally agree. If only a few more people could be happy doing something that is not bad for them, and caused harm to nobody. Better to be thinking about Disneyland 24-7 than fast food, TV, ciggarettes, beer, etc. I often let my mind wander to thoughts of Disneyland when I am stressed, bored, or even when I am having trouble falling asleep. :)

MonorailMan
04-04-2004, 07:33 PM
I think the Annual Passport totally allows for Disneyland abuse. :p

But, while the program's still cheap, I'll remain an addict. :) :|

SykoSoul
04-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Disneyland is great... a healthy addiction as well :p

Boingonut
04-04-2004, 10:23 PM
I agree that if you are going to be addicted to anything then disneyland is pretty harmless, except to your checkbook ;)!

cemeinke
04-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Here's the challenge for Disneyphiles: Spend less time in the Magic Kingdom and spread the Magic throughout the Everyday Kingdom.
And reduce the value of my PAP? That's madness I tell you.

04-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Disneyland really isn't a good thing if ...

- it's coming between you and the people in your life in a way you can't seem to control
- it's keeping you from your job in a way you can't seen to control
- it's depleting your financial resources in a way you can't seem to control.

Otherwise, what's not to love?

Not Afraid
04-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Hey, I spread Magic on a daily basis, but I need to go to Disneyland for refueling pretty regularly. The Magic don't run on empty.:fez:

Not Afraid
04-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Hey, I spread Magic on a daily basis, but I need to go to Disneyland for refueling pretty regularly. The Magic don't run on empty.:fez:

Some people go to Church for their refuel, I go to DL (among other activities) for mine.

Cancer Norm
04-05-2004, 02:26 PM
WARNING: Entering Disneyland may cause a state of euphoria, constant happiness, bouts of immaturity, followed by a fond memory, along with a thinner wallet. :D

sediment
04-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Disneyland really isn't a good thing if ...

- it's coming between you and the people in your life in a way you can't seem to control
- it's keeping you from your job in a way you can't seen to control
- it's depleting your financial resources in a way you can't seem to control.

Otherwise, what's not to love?

Also, if some strange old man with a bus gets off and starts dancing in such a way that you cannot control your own dancing, I say, STAY OFF THAT BUS!! Wrong magic. Dark magic. Eisner-thinking-"I wish-I-would-have-thought-of-that"-marketing magic. Stay away!!

Bee-boo Bee-boo Bee-booo-be-doo...

Cancer Norm
04-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Posted by sediment
Also, if some strange old man with a bus gets off and starts dancing in such a way that you cannot control your own dancing, I say, STAY OFF THAT BUS!! Wrong magic. Dark magic. Eisner-thinking-"I wish-I-would-have-thought-of-that"-marketing magic. Stay away!!

I LOVE that commercial!! That old man is so cool. :D

sediment
04-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Yes, it's very effective. Not once do you think about the new ride that doesn't exist.

MCComposer
04-05-2004, 04:24 PM
WARNING: Entering Disneyland may cause a state of euphoria, constant happiness, bouts of immaturity, followed by a fond memory, along with a thinner wallet. :D]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Symptoms of DL withdrwls include (but are not limited to)

Humming the music to Fantasmic to and from work
Accidentically calling your friends "Donald" and "Tinker Bell"
Trying to drive like your in The Temple of the Forbidden Eye
Planning, reviewing, and memorizing the map for your trip to the park
Reminding your friends that "It's a small world after all"
Trying to use your fastpass when the DMV line is too long
Seeing hidden Mickeys everywhere you go

This is an incomplete list of sysmptoms you may experience because of Disneylandonthebrain. Please add to the list symptoms you experinece!

u2ugly4nebody
04-05-2004, 04:52 PM
]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Accidentically calling your friends "Donald" and "Tinker Bell"
Trying to drive like your in The Temple of the Forbidden Eye
Planning, reviewing, and memorizing the map for your trip to the park
Reminding your friends that "It's a small world after all"
Trying to use your fastpass when the DMV line is too long
Seeing hidden Mickeys everywhere you go

This is an incomplete list of sysmptoms you may experience because of Disneylandonthebrain. Please add to the list symptoms you experinece!

that was pretty funny

Not Afraid
04-05-2004, 05:25 PM

Heh, I do that often. Now, I'm I start doing the hand gestures out the window, I know I'm in trouble.:geek: