PDA

View Full Version : All rides in 1 day?

Pages : [1] 2

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-03-2004, 07:36 PM
I was wondering/planning for the next time we visit. Is it possible to ride every ride in both parks in one day? Have any of you done this? Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

Forbin
04-03-2004, 08:05 PM
You can't durning this month...but then never say never

Wait till it calms down...too many people means you can't do it.

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Haha, I was planning on doing it in mid-August, i believe it is possible.

SCUBAbe
04-03-2004, 08:27 PM
it's possible during the slow times. It may be tough to do during spring and summer break.

cemeinke
04-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Well until Space Mountain and Superstar Limo are open, it's not possible.

Here are some of the other challenges:

How you will treat shows, i.e. do Alladin and Snow White count? if they do, you'll need a lot of wait time inaddition to the shows.

Preshows - Do you have to watch the Tikiroom courtyard preshow? How about the Pinanpple Film, the new preshow of Honney, or the Innoventions spiel?

Main Street Cinema - Do you have to watch all the films in their entirety?

Innoventions - do you have to spend time at each exhibit?

Arcades - Do they count? They're listed as an attraction, one game enough?

Disneyland Railroad - Different Trains, different cars and seating arrangements

Matterhorn - both sides? or only one?

Main Street Vehicles - Do you have to ride both the horseless carriage and the fire engin, or will one suffice?

Rides with restrictions for Big Kids - Do you count Goofy's Bounce House, or Orange Stinger if your ouside the weight/height restrictions?

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Personally, I don't think it is possible, especially in August. I'm not even convinced that you can do all of the rides in Disneyland in one (busy) day, let alone DCA.

For one thing, you have to deal with the Matterhorn, Peter Pan, Storybookland, Casey Jr, Teacups, IASW, etc., all of which usually have a decent line when it's busy, and none of them has fastpass. Next, as Ceimenke points out, are you going to do each form of transportation on Main Street?

Granted, if you get there at Rope Drop, and hit the most troublesome, non-fast pass rides first, and saved some for right before closing, you might be able to do Disneyland. But, add Soarin, Mulholland Madness, Screamin, GRR, Ferris Wheel, and Maliboomer to the mix, and I just don't see how you do it.

Good luck trying though! :)

SykoSoul
04-04-2004, 02:39 PM
it is possible.. I haven't tried it myself though.

04-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Every blasted time I read the title of this thread, I hear Scotty telling Captain Kirk, "We canna do it, Captain!"

snappy
04-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Yes, this can be done because my friends and I did it on November 15th, 2003. We utilized the fast pass and rode every single ride in Disneyland. Yes to all Main Street Vehicles, and Yes to all shows and attractions. Of course we had to make accomodations for Space and 5 other ride closures but we did all rides that were open. Our day started at 7:17am on the Tram and ended riding the Monorail (last ride) at 8:30pm) We even had two sit down meals. Fun filled day!!

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Yes, this can be done because my friends and I did it on November 15th, 2003.

Yes, but the OP wants to do both parks in one day.

Forbin
04-04-2004, 07:54 PM
And he doesn't want to do it in November (Slow Time) he wants to do it in August (SUPER PEAK TIME).

Sorry Scotty but this time your uber powers cannot prevail.

Kevy Baby
04-04-2004, 09:51 PM
How come the guilty parties are not chiming up about Geek Quest®? What were the rules for that?

SykoSoul
04-04-2004, 09:52 PM
wait.. wait..... both parks.. every attraction in one day mid august?!?!??!?!?!

that I have to push more towards impossible :p

cemeinke
04-04-2004, 10:27 PM
How come the guilty parties are not chiming up about Geek Quest®? What were the rules for that?
That would be be going on all the "attractions" as listed in the current guide in chronological (or reverse chronological order).

In our quest, we included the Main Street vehicles individually, but the circumstances of the day (Curse you Johnny Depp) prevented them from running that day.

We also included Goofy's Bounce House, played one game in the starcade and went to each attraction - even if it was closed - taking a phot at each spot.

The added challenge to this quest, is that some attractions open late or close early, which can cause delays.

The Geek Quest also is only at Disneyland at this time.

Flubber
04-05-2004, 07:43 AM

What happens at Geek Quest stays at Geek Quest.

LSPoorEeyorick
04-05-2004, 08:11 AM
The Geek Questers are failing to mention that all of this was done on a day when DL opened at 6 am. Sure, it closed early, but who was going to arrive at the park before 6 am? Geeks! I applaud them.

Separate from their challenge, we also rode every ride at both parks in 14 hours on a Friday in November. We did not count transportation or sit-down shows (this was before Aladdin or Snow White and Mickey's Detective School doesn't count as an attraction due to its awfulness.) We arrived at open and plugged on through til close.

04-05-2004, 09:12 AM
The Geek Questers are failing to mention that all of this was done on a day when DL opened at 6 am.

My mouse ears are off to all Geek Questers. Well done!

sediment
04-05-2004, 09:35 AM
I would wait until the next anniversary in which the park is open 24 hours.
I don't know what to do about DCA, though.

NirvanaMan
04-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Wow. I do love a good challange. Riding every ride, even just in disneyland sounds rather difficult. Riding every ride in both parks sounds downright impossible. But you never know.

I am game for testing this theory. Who is with me? I am not faimiliar with the geek quest...but it sounds interesting. I really wanna try this now.

cemeinke
04-05-2004, 04:46 PM
The Geek Questers are failing to mention that all of this was done on a day when DL opened at 6 am. Sure, it closed early, but who was going to arrive at the park before 6 am? Geeks! I applaud them.
True enough, but I think the benefit of the early opening was a wash considered against some to the other time wasters present that day - such as Johnny Depp blocking our direct path to the Main Street Cinema, red carpet making restricting much of Main Street's access, or the infamous waiting for Innoventions to open (you don't know how much that one pained us) so we could cross it off our list.

Not Afraid
04-05-2004, 05:22 PM
What happens at Geek Quest stays at Geek Quest.
And the wife of Geek Questers stays at home in bed.

As will be the case IF this happens sooner rather than later.:(

tod
04-05-2004, 05:33 PM

The wife of a Geek Quester? Pull the other one.

$10,000 girl robot, paid for by judicious use of identity theft, maybe.

-- t

Not Afraid
04-05-2004, 05:38 PM
The wife of a Geek Quester? Pull the other one.

$10,000 girl robot, paid for by judicious use of identity theft, maybe.

-- t
No. I'm real. Real sleepy that is.:geek:

Mr. Fusion
04-05-2004, 05:48 PM

As will be the case IF this happens sooner rather than later.:(
Aw, come on, jump on a Segway and roam around w/ 'em. Plus, Innoventions won't miss it anyways, no one goes there anymore. :p

-Mr. Fusion

Not Afraid
04-05-2004, 05:56 PM
At least I'd get to see Mickey Jail.