PDA

View Full Version : The "At least once every 2 weeks" club

Pages : [1] 2

Cadaverous Pallor
04-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Ok, 'fess up. Who here really feels the cravings come on if they don't visit the park at least once every two weeks?

Before, on our own, we only went about once a month. Now we have too much damn fun in order to stay away for that long. We know that every weekend there will be friends there. And we hit up all the latest hot-spots, such as checking out the newest paint jobs.

It's pretty much become once a week. Sometimes twice a week. But it's always "at least once every 2 weeks." http://members.aol.com/mreurodisney/images/biggrin.gif

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Well... if i lived anywhere in southern California, i would visit at least every weekend. Being in Canada, i hope to visit 1/year. :rolleyes:

bassett1976
04-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Well, my fiancee and I go about once a week when the weather is warmer and about once every two weeks when the weather gets colder or wetter.

dghosthost
04-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Time for me to join this club, and I live 3 hours drive away and a full time student. Even went during midterms :eek: (But I did study some in NOS)

TheatreTech
04-03-2004, 10:55 PM
*raises hand and hangs head*
I'm in the club too.

(But I did study some in NOS):does homework on NOS balcony: :|:geek:

olegc
04-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Although I go during the week - it's more of a personal thing. Lunch, coffee and a river walk, shopping. I just love to hang out for a little while and catch that little touch of magic in someone's eye... :)

MonorailMan
04-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Normally I only go once a month, however, I've been on a Disneyland Binge lately, and have gone 3 times in the last two weeks. :)

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-04-2004, 12:35 AM
I'm a member too. We usually go every weekend, sometimes skipping a week here or there. When we skip, it always feels strange and we can't wait to get back.

We were all set to go tomorrow and ride Indy. We have been looking forward to it all week. Then tonight, we realized that we are blocked out for the next two weeks. (We thought the block out started next weekend.) We have been bummed out ever since. I know it sounds silly that we are upset about missing the next two weekends but what can I say, we are addicted to the place. :)

Not Afraid
04-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Aww man! Do I have to confess?

Alright. Fine. Yes, I'm in the "clan", but I AM NOT GOING TODAY. Really. Friday AND Saturday are enough for a weekend. I MUST have a life!

:eek"

SCUBAbe
04-04-2004, 10:13 AM
We go about once a month now. Before gas prices went out of control we were going about 2 to 3 times a month. We live about 90 miles away, so it is quite a drive...LOL...

cemeinke
04-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Guilty
Text added to make up 10 character limit

Cadaverous Pallor
04-04-2004, 10:50 AM
I MUST have a life! We didn't have a life until we got our passes. :)

Hakuna Makarla
04-04-2004, 11:21 AM
so if you all go this often you must meet and see each other a lot? I mean you are here and you are there so much, do you socialize at the park?

Cadaverous Pallor
04-04-2004, 11:36 AM
so if you all go this often you must meet and see each other a lot? I mean you are here and you are there so much, do you socialize at the park?Oh yes. At first we just talked here a bunch, but then we set up a MousePad potluck in the Picnic Area just outside the park. After that people started showing up to the hub (center of the park) at noon on Sundays, since there has been a meet there for MousePlanet staff since before MousePlanet existed. Then we exchanged cell phone numbers, and it has kind of snowballed from there.

Many of us are now good friends in real life. And we get new people all the time. Seems these days I can't visit the park without bumping into someone I know. :)

Hakuna Makarla
04-04-2004, 12:13 PM
wow!! totally awsome! good to see people getting together for good clean fun!

TP2000
04-04-2004, 01:34 PM
wow!! totally awsome! good to see people getting together for good clean fun!

Yeah, it is kind of neat that people have a social thing going at Disneyland. And if they average 26 visits per year (every other week schedule), with a $279 Premium Annual Pass that averages out to only $10.70 admission to Disneyland each visit. Compare that to the $49.75 a lot of other people are paying to get in, and it's an INCREDIBLE BARGAIN!

Mr. Fusion
04-04-2004, 01:44 PM
*sheepishly raises hand*

I really am, ahem, 'addicted' in the true sense of the word and never realized it until I went home to New Orleans last semester. Boy, did I have Disney Withdrawl™, checking MousePlanet religiously every Monday morning, sometimes even trying to recreate some of the atmosphere at my house. Trick or treaters got a taste of HM sound fx and music, and during the midnight fireworks on New Year's Eve, I blasted both "Fantasy in the Sky" and "Believe..." from the rear of my car stereo. Thankfully I got a job at the local Disney Store, so I gained back control over my symptoms.

Now that I'm back in SoCal, it's back to my usual weekend excursions to Anaheim. People always ask me why I do it, the whole hour's drive there and back, and I reply with the same answer every time: Because it's fun. :)

-Mr. Fusion

SykoSoul
04-04-2004, 02:42 PM
if I lived closer/had a job/had a quality car I would be in the park daily.. but I do get a craving for the park all of the time..

I should just get a job there :D

MZCosmo
04-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I confess. I am there at least once every two weeks. I cant help it.

Leap for Joy
04-04-2004, 05:41 PM
We only go once or twice a year, but the cravings kick in after a week and become a full obsession after two weeks... Can I join??

lindyhop
04-04-2004, 06:55 PM
It probably averages out to every 2 weeks for me. Sometimes I won't go for several weeks but I'll make up for it eventually. And there was that time last year that I was at the park three times in one weekend.

Of course it helps that I live fairly close and work in Orange County.

Before MousePad, I would go for months without visiting even though I had an AP.

Tinker Bell
04-04-2004, 07:20 PM
My Daughter and I go just about once ever two weeks. If we miss a week I start craving it so we are there the next day.My husband says I need to get a job there to support my addiction.

mamabot
04-04-2004, 07:37 PM
I would say that I am a member of the club. It is wonderful to go and hang out at the park on a whim, or meet up with my MP friends. The first year we had our passes, we were on our own and maybe went once a month, sometimes more, with the exception of the summer. Now, once a week is good for me, while the kids go about 1-2 times a month. Nathan is lucky if he goes once every two months right now.

And every trip seems to include either a ride on Jungle Cruise or a visit to the Tiki Room. :fez:

NirvanaMan
04-04-2004, 07:41 PM
I honestly try not to...but I seem to keep ending up there...

PineapplePrincess
04-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Hubby and I were in the 1..2 times a week club but then gas prices soared so we are in the every other week club. 180 miles round trip kinda adds up after a while.
Course we are also in the hide in the bushes when we see a scary padder club too. :geek: