PDA

View Full Version : Backpacks--where to put them when you go on rides?

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
04-03-2004, 11:33 AM
also camera's and purse's? I do not want to leave them on the stroller, do they let you take your camera around your neck?

Ghoulish Delight
04-03-2004, 11:38 AM
You can take most stuff on the ride with you with no problem. Some rides (Indy, Star Tours, Soarin' Over California) have pouches under or in front of your seat to store it in. Other you can just hold your stuff as they are slow moving (like all the Fantasyland rides, Pirates, Haunted Maniosn, etc.). Others, you can just put your stuff on the floor in front of you (Big Thunder, Matterhorn). What I'll often do if I'm carrying a backpack is put it down in front of me and make sure one of my legs is through a strap, just for extra reassurance that it's not going anywhere.

Hakuna Makarla
04-03-2004, 11:49 AM
I am so glad!! I was really worried about losing something,like money camera,s and credit cards. I do not want to leave this stuff in my motel, and my camera's are very important. thank you so much, I feel better now.

richas
04-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Be careful with the larger SLR cameras on the fast rides! I kept mine around my neck on the Matterhorn and the lens got jammed. Cost more to repair it than buy a new one!

Hakuna Makarla
04-03-2004, 02:23 PM
I have a mavica that uses floppy disc's and takes real good out door pic's. I will make sure all is secure.I guess I will leave my video camera home since its bigger and I do not want to lug it around. I will just take those disposable camera's also. thanks for the good advice

RickW
04-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Don't forget that you can rent a locker for your bulkier stuff that you don't want to lug around. Especially good to store jackets until you want them in the evening.

Hakuna Makarla
04-03-2004, 05:28 PM
are the lockers all over disneyland? or only in one erea? Do you guys think if I left jackets in stroller they would get stolen?

Ghoulish Delight
04-03-2004, 05:38 PM
There are 3 locker locations.

Outside the gates
Half way down mainstreet
In the back of the park
It's probably not a good idea to leave things in strollers unatended. A lot of people do it, and most people don't get things stolen...however it DOES happen and is probably not worth the risk. The lockers are, I believe $4 (maybe $5?) a day and you can open it to take stuff out and put stuff in as many times as you'd like.

adriennek
04-03-2004, 08:47 PM
I leave jackets and sweatshirts in the stroller all the time. I take one backpack/diaper bag and it holds my camera and my wallet. When we go on rides, I just grab the backpack off the stroller.

Sometimes I put the jackets on the seat and pull the stroller hood over the seat to "hide" them. If I'm putting my stroller in an area with other strollers, I put it in a hard to reach spot to discourage anyone from trying to mess with it.

Also, FYI: if you put your stroller in an area that blocks traffic flow, a cast member might come move it while you're on the ride - or it may have gotten moved if it was blocking someone else's stroller from "getting out." Don't worry if you can't find your stroller right away, it may have just been moved.
Adrienne

ToursbabeC3po
04-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Also, FYI: if you put your stroller in an area that blocks traffic flow, a cast member might come move it while you're on the ride - or it may have gotten moved if it was blocking someone else's stroller from "getting out." Don't worry if you can't find your stroller right away, it may have just been moved.

I want to kiss you for saying this THANKYOU!

SykoSoul
04-03-2004, 10:45 PM
why not just wear the backpack while on the ride? unless you have stuff you don't want to break in it... then hold it with your legs (between them with one leg through one of the shoulder straps)

cstephens
04-04-2004, 06:25 AM
why not just wear the backpack while on the ride?

Depending on the bulkiness of the backpack, I would think that would be fairly uncomfortable, especially on something like Big Thunder and Matterhorn, just to name two. You wouldn't be leaning against the back of the seat, just against your backpack, and some of the seats aren't all that deep, so having the extra length of the backpack just wouldn't seem to work well.

SCUBAbe
04-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Anything I have that I will not need all day goes in a locker. Like jackets and stuff we've bought. I condense my camera gear down when I go to the park. I know I will not need all my filters and lenes. I then have room for my wallet in the camera bag. It fits easily on the rides. (tis is for the SLR). Latley I've just been briging my small digi cam It will fit in my purse. When I bring the digi video cam I use that camera bag. It easily fits the small digi cam and my wallet. it also fits on the rides easly. I use the wrap the strap around my arm or leg trick. In my mind it will be harder to lose that way on the rides..LOL.

Hakuna Makarla
04-04-2004, 11:13 AM
hummmmm digi cam, what is that? sounds small and does it take good pic's? I am looking to buy a new digital to take with me but can not decide which one. thanks

SCUBAbe
04-04-2004, 01:23 PM
hummmmm digi cam, what is that? sounds small and does it take good pic's? I am looking to buy a new digital to take with me but can not decide which one. thanks

it's a digital camera. I have a still and a video one. I don't take the video camera very often though. Yes, it takes great pictures. Mine is an Olympus and I love it. Here's a few pictures from it. The Snow White show pics were from very far away and no flash was allowed..

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1r96j/sw2.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1r96j/apri2.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1r96j/smworld.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1r96j/parade.jpg

Hakuna Makarla
04-04-2004, 04:19 PM
great pic's! what is the model and make? I will go look at ebay. How many pixels? thanks much

SykoSoul
04-04-2004, 04:37 PM
lol yea lockers work too.. I never bring a backpack, but when I go with a lot of friends we always share a locker :p

SCUBAbe
04-04-2004, 06:23 PM
great pic's! what is the model and make? I will go look at ebay. How many pixels? thanks much

It's an Olympus D550-3.0 mega pixels. It does nice 8x10 prints. I haven't tried any larger...:)

Nancy
04-05-2004, 10:49 AM
When my kids wear their backpacks on rides, they wear them on their fronts. That way they can lean back all the way and put seatbelts on or lower bars or whatever. :)

gothemi
04-05-2004, 11:35 AM
That is the same thing I do. I am a fairly big boy and I don't have any problems placing the bag on in front of me, or between my legs with the straps around my legs. I got a medium sized bag and usually have it filled up pretty good when I go. I never leave anything at the gates.

sediment
04-05-2004, 12:26 PM
I usually leave the backpack in the car or at home. More of a bare-bones kind of guest. A few $20's in a pocket, a wallet, no buying until we're on the way out, disposable camera (not even necessary for me -- I'm not good with the camera), ...
If the wife comes along, then we treat the extra baggage like an extra child -- do parent switch-offs with the camera bag.

Hakuna Makarla
04-05-2004, 01:56 PM
I take it most of you have lots of pictures or see disneyland very often. we long way travelers need camera's and all that goes with being a tourest. Bare bones is great when its not new to you, but for me I wish I could pack all my camera's, and vidio equipment :)
I will just settle on one camera with regular film, and mavica with extra floppys. and 2 disposables,
do you all know if we are able to bring fim on board the plane? or does it go thru the XRay machine to!!

sediment
04-05-2004, 02:19 PM
OK, an alternative: do you have a spouse? Let him/her handle the backpack. Now your problem is solved. Or at least transferred away from you. Now, go have fun at DL. I command thee!

GD wrote everything I wanted to write. Even the "wrap the strap around the leg" bit.
I wouldn't leave anything of value in a stroller. And CMs will not hold onto valuables, for obvious reasons. In case they aren't obvious, there exist people looking to rip off other people and The Mouse. Not allowing the touching of people's stuff relieves much of the burden.

Hakuna Makarla
04-05-2004, 03:24 PM
I am going to purchase a small backpack and wrap it around my leg, I do not have a spouse so I will take care of the packing situation.YOu all gave great advice. thanks much

SykoSoul
04-05-2004, 04:17 PM
also fanny packs are great :)