PDA

View Full Version : LAX Shuttle or Car Service Ideas

kcchica
04-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi... We are flying in/out of LAX due to costs and flight times, we typically fly into SNA, however it can't be avoided this trip..

I would love to get some opinions/reccomendations on different shuttle/car service experiences and prices.

I someone found golden west express which quoted $56 one way for 4 people... anyone ever use them?

Or any other methods you prefer...

thanks
kc

ROBONICS95
04-02-2004, 02:00 PM
i just looked at super shuttle and it was $64..........definitely go with the "express"

Dlandmom
04-02-2004, 02:11 PM
My husband used a towncar service from Tustin (about 12 miles past Disneyland) to LAX when he had to travel. He usually ended up in a limo because the towncar was in use. They never charged him any more to have the limo. I think it was a flat $70 or 75 door to door. His company paid, so he didn't care! It was nice to have someone there waiting for you instead of the other way around.

If you're interested in "luxury" travel for about $70 or 75, then PM me.

Also, doesn't MousePlant/MousePad have a towncar service as a sponsor? Mods, help me out here! :)

sediment
04-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Town car advantages:
1. It's only your party in the car. No smelly strangers.
2. No stops for everyone else and invariably yours will be the last.
3. No stops at every terminal trying to find the Smiths from Albuquerque flying in on American Eagle from Terminal 3 or 4 or the Joneses from Chicago flying in on United at either Terminal 8 or 9. Or just stopping to hustle customers while you wait.
4. It's usually not a per-person charge, unless it's six or more. Shuttles are nearly always per person charges.

happyhaunts999
04-05-2004, 11:33 AM
the best way to do it is when you get off the plane go outside to where the shuttles run from there are many to choose from, prime time is the cheapest at $12 per person at least that is what it was last year. and supershuttle was $15 they will pick you up and take you to the resort with no reservation needed.