PDA

View Full Version : house of blues

dasrock
04-02-2004, 02:20 AM
anyone gone to the house of blues to see a music performer? I'm
going to D-land and want see siouxsie performe at the house of blues with my 13 year old.
Just wanted to know if it's safe and not too many crazies there.

tod
04-02-2004, 04:44 AM
I saw Warren Zevon there, The Lovely Mrs. tod and I saw Les Paul there, and we brought The Little tods to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy there, twice. The audience is OC-laid-back and mellow, or at least they were those nights.

The standing-only policy may be a little wearying, but aside from that it's a great intimate venue to see a performer.

Do yourself a favor and eat there too. Great food.

--t

stan4d_steph
04-02-2004, 04:54 AM
It depends on the crowd how rowdy things get. I've been to 2 Flogging Molly concerts there, which tend to have a decent mosh pit in front of the stage. Security keeps things pretty well under control. The nice thing about HOB at DL is that there is an area upstairs, away from the main floor, that offers good views of the stage. I sat up there on bar stools for both of the concerts. Just get there early enough to snag a spot with a direct line of sight.

IFlyAway
04-02-2004, 08:38 AM
House of Blues is nice for intiamte concerts but I don't know if they allow children in. I think you might have to be 18. At least that's the way it is for the HOB of Sunset Strip. Does anyone know if it's any different for HOB Ahaheim?

tod
04-02-2004, 08:44 AM
House of Blues is nice for intiamte concerts but I don't know if they allow children in. I think you might have to be 18. At least that's the way it is for the HOB of Sunset Strip. Does anyone know if it's any different for HOB Ahaheim?

You can check the individual restrictions for each performance at the House of Blues Website at hob.com (http://hob.com). I know the Gospel Brunch is open to everybody.

--t

Jawknee
04-03-2004, 02:12 AM
When my family and I went in the summer, Mos Def was performing, but we were only there to eat dinner. He sounded great though. :p

Hamradio
04-03-2004, 10:20 AM
anyone gone to the house of blues to see a music performer? I'm
going to D-land and want see siouxsie performe at the house of blues with my 13 year old.
Just wanted to know if it's safe and not too many crazies there.

Depends on the performer and the crowd they draw. I had no problem taking my 15 year-old nephew to see classic rocker George Thorogood because the crowd average age was 48 years and very polite.

Keep in mind HOB is essentially an open bar with a stage. Plan on standing the whole show, elbow-to-elbow with your fellow man. Keep an open mind and have fun! :D

TheatreTech
04-03-2004, 11:03 PM
I've been to 2 Flogging Molly concerts there, which tend to have a decent mosh pit in front of the stage. :eek: I've been to two too. (I had ta use all the "2s".) ;)

It usually depends on the performer. The HOB security doesn't mess around though. Kudos to those guys.

House of Blues is nice for intiamte concerts but I don't know if they allow children in. I think you might have to be 18. At least that's the way it is for the HOB of Sunset Strip. Does anyone know if it's any different for HOB Ahaheim?I believe it's under 16 needs an adult. (For shows labled as "all ages".)

stan4d_steph
04-04-2004, 07:45 AM
:eek: I've been to two too. (I had ta use all the "2s".) ;) Cool! I'm excited for their new album. I'm hoping they'll come somewhere near Albany on their upcoming tour.

As far as HOB, I can't emphasize enough for those who don't like to stand for a whole show: the upstairs has bar stools, so you can at least take a load off of your feet and get away from those crazy kids on the dance floor. ;)

TheatreTech
04-04-2004, 08:35 AM
Cool! I'm excited for their new album. I'm hoping they'll come somewhere near Albany on their upcoming tour.
Ditto. Except, after they're done in Albany, make them come back to OC.

crazy kids on the dance floor.*raises hand* :rolleyes: