PDA

View Full Version : New California Adventure Logo?

merlinjones
04-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Did I spy a new Disney's California Adventure logo on the Tower of Terror ad in today's LATimes? It has a huge "Disney's" with a smaller California Adventure in a generic "adventureland/safari/mexican restaurant" type font.

DCAWhites
04-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Well in the cast member newspaper they just told us that they are putting the Disney back in DISNEYS california adventure, especially in entertainment offerings.

TP2000
04-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Well in the cast member newspaper they just told us that they are putting the Disney back in DISNEYS california adventure, especially in entertainment offerings.

They are putting it back? Where was the Disney in Disney's California Adventure before?

DCAWhites
04-01-2004, 09:59 PM
My bad. "'We want everybody to know this is a Disney Theme Park," Joey said. "We're trying to influence a shift, so rather than it being Disney's CALIFORNIA Adventure, it's DISNEY'S California Adventure.'"

tod
04-02-2004, 04:50 AM
My thought was that the DCA in the ad was just a label, not a new logo.

Also, "We're emphasizing the 'Disney' in 'Disney's California Adventure'" is the same stupid short-sighted "branding" we've seen from these business-major clowns who think us rubes will buy any piece of poo they throw out there as long as they slap the "Disney brand of quality" on it.

Trouble is, "Disney" no longer means quality, and we rubes know it. Insufficient emphasis on the "Disney" brand is not the problem with DCA: it isn't even in the top 10.

--t

merlinjones
04-02-2004, 06:18 AM
>>"We want everybody to know this is a Disney Theme Park," Joey said. "We're trying to influence a shift, so rather than it being Disney's CALIFORNIA Adventure, it's DISNEY'S California Adventure.'"<<

They have to label/"brand" it, because no one can tell from the experience itself.