PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Question: Tropicana or Desert Inn & Suites

keschy
04-01-2004, 02:00 PM
I am going to be staying at either Tropicana Inn & Suites OR Anaheim Desert Inn & suites. I looked at the review page and didn't see anything recent about the 2 hotels. Does anyone have opinions about them , like is one alot better than the other? Should I avoid either of them?Thanks!

MOUSELUVR
04-01-2004, 02:32 PM
We stayed at the Desert Inn recently in December/January for our New Years trip and it was just "ok"...pretty clean, nothing fancy, pool is indoors which was ok for December but it is small. The service at the hotel was decent enough, really the whole experience was nothing special. It's best asset was its location which is right across the street from the park. I think the Best Western Park Place is much better and is even just a very little bit closer. I would probably not stay there again...hope that helps a little. :)

mamabot
04-01-2004, 02:38 PM
In the last month and a half I have stayed at the BW Park Place Inn and the Desert Inn & Suites. I prefer the BW. The rooms are well appointed, the pool is nice and you cannot beat the location. The staff is very friendly and accomodating.

What I don't like about the Desert Inn & Suites is that the shower/tub are difficult to get into/out of. I would not want to bath a child in there.

Cat H
04-01-2004, 04:37 PM
I stayed at Desert Palm in November. It was just ok. It was clean and the rooms were pretty large, but the pool was small and inside and seemed kind of dirty. The bathrooms only had a sink and vanity outside of the bathroom so that was inconvenient if you had two people trying to get ready at the same time. The free breakfast was lame. The location was great and the staff was friendly. Hope that helps. I might stay there again if the price is decent.

robsmustang
04-02-2004, 10:04 AM
i have stayed at the desert inn and suites the last 2 visits to DL. it is a cheap hotel close to the park the rooms are clean .but i think i will be staying at the hojo next time because it gets such great reviews here

sdsualum
04-02-2004, 11:24 AM
I have stayed at both the tropicana and desert inn. I think they are both of the same caliber of rooms. They are your basic rooms. One of the things I like about the Desert inn is that they have a continental breakfast. If that isn't your thing, then there is a Denny's right next door, which is convienient for running to and getting breakfast and brining it back to the room.

The pool is bigger at the Tropicana.

mamabot
04-02-2004, 12:18 PM
The continental breakfast at the Desert Inn is very basic. Toast, danish or some fruit. They have self serve juice, milk and coffee, but that is all.

Sheila
04-02-2004, 02:20 PM
I am going to be staying at either Tropicana Inn & Suites OR Anaheim Desert Inn & suites. I looked at the review page and didn't see anything recent about the 2 hotels. Does anyone have opinions about them , like is one alot better than the other? Should I avoid either of them?Thanks!

Hmmm, I think perhaps you were looking at our Review archive pages, which contain reviews for hotels and restaurants and has not been updated for two years. We switched over to our nifty database-driven review system at that time: MousePlanet Hotel & Restaurant Reviews (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi).

In any event, if you click on this link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels%20%2F% 20Walking%20distance%20hotels%20east%20of%20the%20 park%2C%20near%20the%20main%20gate), it will take you to the page for the walking-distance hotels near the DLR. The Tropicana is currently rated higher than the Desert Inn.

Sheila
P.S. I'd love for anyone posting a review in this thread to submit it to the review system for "posterity". Merci!

Nephythys
04-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Check the Carousel Inn and Suites too- I stayed there last year and it was very nice and is right across the street from the Main Plaza :)

Nancy
04-02-2004, 06:29 PM
For the past 3 years we have stayed at the Tropicana probably at least 20 a year and have always been rather happy with everything. The parking lot is large and the pool is always nice and clear (and big) too. They both have the sweetroll and coffee AM eats and micro, refridge in all the rooms. I have reservations for Desert Inn and Suites for May but I haven't been there in years. But for $49 a night I'm willing to give it a try and spend the extra money at Disneyland. The only things I remember that I wasn't crazy about was the parking lot is tiny ( and they offer some underground parking too) and the indoor hot tub was foamy grey and grossed me out. This was over 3 years ago, to be fair too. Where ever you stay, have a good time!!