PDA

View Full Version : Passport Plus and AAA tickets?

tracilicious
04-01-2004, 08:34 AM
how do you get these? i'm looking for a ticket with free parking and i saw these on the MP update. does anyone have more info. thanks! :)

MNhockeyman
04-01-2004, 09:18 AM
For AAA tickets you have to be a AAA member. They do have free parking with the purchase of their ticket. Also they have a deal for a 5 day pass for the price of a 3 day regular admission. The 5 days have to be used within 14 days of the first visit.

pisces
04-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Do you know if they have that special during the week between Christmas and New Years?

I wouldn't think so. The AAA operator told me that week (Christmas-New Years) was a "regular" time, what ever that means......as opposed to a "special discount" time, I guess.

Is there a special place online to find the AAA rates for Disney Hotels? At this point I'm just calling by phone.

experiment626
04-01-2004, 11:33 AM
If you purchase your ticket from AAA, it is good any time before January the next year (meaning up purcahse today it is good before January 2005). There are no "black out days."

BTMichael
04-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Do these AAA tickets come with the "Enhanced" FastPass (renamed from last year's "Unlimited" FastPass) or are the Enhanced FastPass tickets only available with the full AAA package to a DLR hotel (which is what I had read)?

experiment626
04-01-2004, 06:30 PM
The ONLY way to get the "enhanced FP" is to purchase the package. sorry.

BTMichael
04-01-2004, 06:53 PM
The ONLY way to get the "enhanced FP" is to purchase the package. sorry.
No reason to be sorry. I just wanted to confirm what was required and if what I had heard was correct. The only thing is I can't find this information on any web site, Disney nor AAA.

Last year, I bought tickets (PassPort Plus) separate from ordering the room directly for the Grand Californian (AAA discount). This allowed us to specify a preferred floor and view (thanks to a lady at GCH reservations), something you can't do with the package deals from AAA and WDTC.

If this is the only way to get the enhanced FP tickets, then AAA it is! :)

mrs_toad
04-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Have you registered on the AAA site?

I found the info under Disney:

Disneyland 5-day Hopper: $129.00 per adult
$99.00 per child (3-9)

Disneyland 2-day Hopper: $98.00 per adult
$78.00 per child (3-9)

These include parking at Mickey and Friends parking structure.

However, no mention of the enhanced FB with these.

You can buy these at a AAA office if you are a member. Just show your card.

Also, at DLR. Show your card for a 10% discount at Goofy's Kitchen, Plaza Inn, PCH Grill, Ariel's Grotto, and Wine Country Trattoria.

Sheilaras
04-01-2004, 08:05 PM
We booked our trip w/AAA and we're not members, you just have to pay $50 extra. I don't know about if you're just going to buy tickets, though. You only get the unlimited fast passes if your trip includes a stay at the 3 onsite hotels, though. They're real sticklers on that, I begged. LOL

first time DL
05-01-2004, 07:31 PM
I just purchased AAA Passport Plus 5-day DL tickets, but I did not purchase a package. With these tickets, I do not get "enhanced" fast pass. However I was told that if I booked a package through AAA - even with a Good Neighbor Hotel - it DOES include the "enhanced" fast pass.

The "tickets only" deal includes a $10 ESPN Zone, "Preferred Seating" to DCA shows, free parking, and a coupon book. The prices for the "tickets only" are the same as on the Disney Website - 5 day = $129/99. There's a $10 charge for shipping.

HTH.

tjrj
05-02-2004, 08:33 AM
However I was told that if I booked a package through AAA - even with a Good Neighbor Hotel - it DOES include the "enhanced" fast pass.

HTH.

Wow. That's the first time I've heard that. That would be an incredible money saver.

BTMichael
05-02-2004, 09:18 AM
I just purchased AAA Passport Plus 5-day DL tickets, but I did not purchase a package. With these tickets, I do not get "enhanced" fast pass. However I was told that if I booked a package through AAA - even with a Good Neighbor Hotel - it DOES include the "enhanced" fast pass.
Whoever told you this is misinformed. The AAA rep I talked with in person last Friday said it must include a stay at a Disneyland Report Hotel. The AAA Disneyland information guide for 2004 says exactly what this rep told me (back page).

kkmickey
05-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Yep - my dad works for AAA and you have to book a package AND stay at a resort hotel. However, you can book a minimal package (2 nights) and stay the other nights at a less expensive hotel. You can still get 5 day passes. That is what we did for our trip next month. (And my dad made sure that our tickets would be good, even if we stayed in another hotel for the first couple of nights.)

tjrj
05-03-2004, 08:21 AM
So, kkmickey-your 5-day tickets would have the enhanced fastpass for all 5 days even when you were not staying at the resort?

first time DL
05-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Below is the actual text from the AAA website regarding what's included in their packages. I want you to note 2 thing: 1) DL Good Neighbor hotels ARE included 2) "Multiple fastpass" is listed :)

Here's the link if you prefer to "go there" http://ww2.aaa.com/scripts/WebObjects.dll/AAAOnline.woa/317/wo/iX0C0412N2Gj1HD8i7JY0M/1.9.3.9.4.1

ENJOY THESE BENEFITS WHEN YOU BOOK A AAA VACATIONS® DISNEYLAND® RESORT PACKAGE
Choose a AAA Vacations® package as you create a California adventure and a lifetime of memories.

AAA Vacations® packages feature accommodations at:
The Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort
Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels

And when you select a AAA Vacations® package, you receive these EXCLUSIVE AAA Vacations® benefits...

California Diamond Fun Book
Enjoy savings and values as a benefit in every AAA Vacations® Disneyland® Resort & California package These savings and values include special offers and savings at the Disneyland® Resort and other California locations.

AAA Vacations® FREE Parking
AAA Vacations® clients park free of charge at Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks!

Collectible Trading Pin and lanyard
Your AAA Vacations® package includes a very special pin and AAA Vacations® lanyard to start your pin trading experience. This collectible trading pin was designed specially for AAA Vacations®.

Collectible AAA Vacations® baggage tag (one per person)

FASTPASS® Feature
With this feature, you can collect FASTPASS® tickets for multiple attractions at one time.

Disneyland® Resort Magical Pocket Guide
This easy to carry map / guide provides interesting and important information about the Disneyland® Resort and AAA Vacations® benefits. (one per package)

$25 savings when you include a Dining Plan
When you book Disney's Grand Plan or Disney's Resort Magic package AND add a Dine in the Magic Plan you will receive $25 off the total package price. This offer may be combined with AAA Disney Magic Moments® for even more savings!

AAA Disney Magic Moments® Savings
Based on program availability, AAA/CAA members can save from 10% to 20% off the room portion on selected vacation packages of 2 nights or more at the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort, participating Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotels, participating San Diego hotels and participating San Francisco hotels.

Add a Hertz® Rental Car to your AAA Vacations® package and ask about a 2 car-class upgrade
Add a Class C (Mazda 626 or similar) or a Class D (Ford Mustang coupe or similar) to selected AAA Vacations® packages and receive a two car class upgrade at no additional charge. Restrictions apply. Terms & Conditions apply. Based on availability at time of rental. Blackout dates apply. This offer is available on selected packages on selected dates.

There are so many reasons to book a AAA Vacations® Disneyland® Resort package. Disney makes it magical...AAA makes it possible...You make it memorable.

BTMichael
05-08-2004, 03:27 PM
first time DL,

First off, your link does not work, even when I log in (I am in California, so it is CSAA instead of AAA). Secondly, I can't find this information on www.csaa.com.

Lastly, your information looks suspiciously like last year's information. I am looking at the 2004 AAA Disneyland booklet. Among the features that Good Neighbor Magic visitors get include a 5x7 souvenir photo and Preferred Seating at the four DCA shows, none of which are listed in your post.

If there is some way to provide the link without it expiring, that would be great.

first time DL
05-08-2004, 06:43 PM
BT Michael -

When I called AAA in Feb 2004 regarding Good Neighbor packages - what is on the website is what they told me was included - plus the 5x7 photo. They did not mention the 4 DCA Shows preferred seating. I didn't get that package because 1) It was more expensive then booking directly with the good neighbor hotels and buying the AAA Passport Plus (which includes the 4 DCA Shows preferred seating) 2) the fast pass feature isn't important to me because I have little kids and we won't be going on those rides any way.

I'm sorry the link doesn't work - that was a direct copy and paste from the website.