PDA

View Full Version : Believe...Is it back??

Grumpy4
03-31-2004, 04:31 PM
According to the Disneyland website, the fireworks show is supposed to be back in Friday April 2nd. Does anyone know if this is true or just a rumor? I plan on being there anyways just in case, but just thought I'd ask.

Disneyfreak
03-31-2004, 04:41 PM
This is true and it will be awesome. The 2nd will also include the grand reopening of Indiana Jones Adventure from its 3 month rehab! :)

Grumpy4
03-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Hopefully both will be great. It's about time for the fireworks to be back. Also, Indy, just in time for the official Spring Break. I also noticed that Fantasmic is going on for the next two weeks, every day. That's an added bonus.

Disneyfreak
03-31-2004, 04:54 PM
This weekend will definately be the best days to go to Disneyland this year! The maximum amount of attractions and shows are running and Dumbo will be open too.

happyhaunts999
03-31-2004, 05:11 PM
The website only shows the Fireworks as being on for 2weeks, there is no believe schedule for May. Does anybody know if believe is only back for a short time and then down again. Let us know.

Hakuna Makarla
03-31-2004, 05:53 PM
do they only have fireworks a few times a year? I would love to see this in August when the kids and I go there.

Disneyfreak
03-31-2004, 05:54 PM
The website only shows the Fireworks as being on for 2weeks, there is no believe schedule for May. Does anybody know if believe is only back for a short time and then down again. Let us know.

I doubt that. It's probably just a case of idiots taking care of their site.

RagtimePrince
03-31-2004, 06:28 PM
do they only have fireworks a few times a year? I would love to see this in August when the kids and I go there.I believe the fireworks are every night during the summer season, meaning up through Labor Day.

:)

Incidentally, this is my first post. Nifty.

Not Afraid
03-31-2004, 06:34 PM
The website only shows the Fireworks as being on for 2weeks, there is no believe schedule for May. Does anybody know if believe is only back for a short time and then down again. Let us know.Yes, unfortunately Believe is only up for 2 weeks during Spring Break. It will return again at the beginning of summer. I'm not sure of the exact date yet, but it should be sometime in June.

And, Ragtimeprince was correct. When Believe returns, it will be upp nightly through summer. Those visiting in August will have 7 nights a week, baring weather.

PS: WELCOME Ragtimeprince!

Polar33
03-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Yes, unfortunately Believe is only up for 2 weeks during Spring Break.
:mad: Don't remind me. I've been scheduled nothing but day shifts for both weeks, even though I asked for nights. No sneaking away to watch fireworks on lunch for me. I'm going to have to forgo a lot of sleep time to catch Believe... As it stands I plan on watching them on Friday, even though I'll have to wake up at 3:30 the next morning to go to work. I'm almost positive that this is what scheduling is doing to punish me for not turning in my spring break preferences.

Disneyfreak
03-31-2004, 07:43 PM
Yes, unfortunately Believe is only up for 2 weeks during Spring Break. It will return again at the beginning of summer. I'm not sure of the exact date yet, but it should be sometime in June.

And, Ragtimeprince was correct. When Believe returns, it will be upp nightly through summer. Those visiting in August will have 7 nights a week, baring weather.

PS: WELCOME Ragtimeprince!

Are you joking? :rolleyes:
Must be trying to save budget for this year.

Not Afraid
03-31-2004, 07:52 PM
It has nothing to do with the budget. I think we talked about this before. Maybe a search is due.

Grumpy4
03-31-2004, 08:55 PM
I am excited for the fireworks to be back even if it is only for a couple weeks. We have been blessed to have Fantasmic all year 'round. If it came down to choosing one or the other, definitely Fantasmic. But then again, it is fireworks and the Believe show is pretty good. They are just ready for new stuff all around. Thank goodness for the 50th to change things--I hope!!

Darkbeer
03-31-2004, 09:06 PM
It has nothing to do with the budget. I think we talked about this before. Maybe a search is due.
Well, there is the "budget" issue, since Disney does not want to offer both Beleive! and Fantasmic! on an off-season weekend (and that is a money issue).

But why has it been gone since December, since they were re-doing the launch system platform to allow for air-launched fireworks.

And the big reason here is the California Air Quailty folks, air launching will cut down on the "smoke/ash", especially in the lower parts of the sky....

But when you do not offer the fireworks, your air pollution is ZERO, and that is a major reason why the fireworks have been cut back..... Also, was the reason why the firewoks had about 15% less shells last summer.....