PDA

View Full Version : DL/DCA store theming - which ones do you like?

CarlieB
03-30-2004, 01:47 PM
I was reading AVP's article from a few years back on the theming of the stores in DCA, and it got me to thinking...which stores do you personally notice the theming in? Which ones are your favourites, and why?

I really like the Main Street stores in DL - I could spend hours browsing through them. To me they really capture the essence of what I think an idealised turn of the century American Main Street would have looked like (I'm a NZer, so what would I know?:D But I like it).

In DCA I really like the store next to GRR. I love the ladder leaning against the wall at the back of the store, and the props giving it a rustic feel.

millionairegirl
03-30-2004, 01:59 PM
At Disneyland, I really like the little shops in New Orleans Square. Especially the ones that still sell 'unique' merchandise, like the jewelry shop or the fancy Christmas store. I miss the antique store there. I also have a strange affinity for the Gag Factory in Toon Town. I think it's really fun. The Mad Hatter will also always have a special place in my heart. It reminds me of my childhood.

DCA, unfortunately, doesn't have many (any?) themed shops. The Grizzly one is pretty good, especially the outside. I still wish there was a California wine shop, or a Mexican pottery shop. Something unique would be nice.

IndianaJenn
03-30-2004, 02:43 PM
My favorite themed stores are all in New Orleans Square as well. I miss le Gourmet, but I love Jewel Of Orleans (especially the plastic rat above the door wearing the mouse ears!) and the Christmas store when it's open. :p

wood_is_mine
03-30-2004, 02:55 PM
Even though they don't sell as much Disney merchandise, I LOOVE the stores in Adventureland. I also don't mind the shops in Frontier Land.

Cat H
03-30-2004, 03:32 PM
I like shops in Adventure Land. I love all the stuffed animals that are dressed in Indiana gear.

Ghoulish Delight
03-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Theming-wise, I love the shops in Paradise Pier. Pressler really was a retail man at heart, and it shows in how much they put into the theming of the stores. Heck, the stores are the most well themed things in the park!

Pirate Girl
03-30-2004, 06:10 PM
I like shops in Adventure Land.

Ditto, I love Adventureland. Especially Shrunken Ned the witch doctor. :fez: