PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dessert Buffet

Jewels
03-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Ok so we have an unexpected chance to go to Disneyland. Short trip but I am thrilled. I have never been able to see Fantasmic or the fireworks, due to being there with young kids or at a time when it was not showing. I would love to see both on the only night we are there. Is the dessert buffet worth it? I really would like to see the fireworks over the castle and still have a good seat for fantasmic. The shows seem to be pretty close together. We will be there Sunday night of Memorial weekend so I am sure it will be crowded. The price though high would be so worth it to me if we are sure to have great seats.

Thank you,
Kalerose

CarlieB
03-29-2004, 12:54 PM
I've never done the Fantasmic dessert buffet, but given that it will be a holiday weekend, I think it would be worth it for the seating alone.

JeffG
03-29-2004, 01:04 PM
The dessert buffet is pretty much great seating (assuming you are going for the Gallery balcony and not the riverfront seating) and the food is pretty terrific. If you can afford it and get tickets, it probably is your best bet for seeing both shows the way you want to.

If you are going about the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, keep in mind that you are looking at one of the busiest days of the year. The tickets go on sale via the Disneyland reservation line 30 days in advance. In this case, you probably will want to call first thing in the morning on the day the tickets go on sale. I wouldn't be surprised if the seats are all sold out within minutes.

-Jeff

kijay
03-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Do it if you can. I did it with my family in 01 and it was worth every penny paid. I can not recommend this enough to you. You will enjoy if very much. And yes, the view is awesome, and it is very comfortable and relaxing, not having to sit on the ground in that big mob of people. It is something my kids still talk about, it is truly a wonderful experience. :)

Jewels
03-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Thank you for all your advice. I will call first thing April 30 and keep my fingers crossed that we get the tickets.

Pafuts
03-30-2004, 09:07 AM
I've done the dessert buffet on the gallery balcony a few times. It's worth every penny! The desserts are delicious. The CM's are attentive and gracious. The view of the show can't be beat.

DH and I are planning to do this for our anniversary this year.

Have fun!

julia
03-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi,

I agree that it is really worth it for the great seats for Fantasmic. The dessert is makes it better!

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Best Regards,
Julia

Jewels
03-31-2004, 09:16 AM
I have one more question in reference to Jeff's comment about balcony seating compared to riverfront. Do they have reserved seating for the desset buffet on the riverfront? I want to make sure I get balcony seating so I will remember to say that when I reserve my space. Thank you.

stan4d_steph
03-31-2004, 09:49 AM
Yes, there is reserved seating on the riverfront as well as on the Disney Gallery balcony. If you have a preference, be sure to indicate that to the reservation person. You are farther away on the balcony, but get a great overall view in a more intimate setting away from the larger crowd.

Werner
03-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi, I also have tickets for the balcony but am not sure I understand the process -- how do I vie for seats in the first, not second row? Is it by order of picking up the ticKets at Guest Services and/or how early I show up at the balcony before the show? Thanks!

Moonliner
03-31-2004, 02:27 PM
Greetings:

Werner: I'm not exactly the voice of authority on this but I saw another post that said seating was assigned based on the date you called to reserve the seat starting from the front. Sounds like a plan to me.

Everyone Else: If you happen to be at the at the 9:00pm show next Tuesday (April 6th) give a shout up to the balcony with the secret pass phrase (that being: "Tigger rules and pooh drools") and I'll toss you down a free dessert. :)

Terri
04-01-2004, 03:19 PM
I just did this for my son and I last week. I thought it would be a let down after paying so much money just to see a show I'd seen over and over for years...but it was GREAT! We had the riverview seating...it wasn't that bad. Couldn't get the Balcony...

My suggestion is, if you are going to the 9:00 show, get there between 8:15 and 8:30. Then you will be close to first in check-in and can enter first. They only have a few seats so it's first come - first serve of the reserved seats. They don't oversell, so if you have paid for reservations, you will get a seat. The only difference is you have a better choice the earlier you arrive. However, you don't need to be obsessive about time and get there horribly early. (Like those who stake out seats at the water's edge at 5pm!).

The deserts are nice...chocolate was the key word when I went. The strawberries were delicious and so were the macaroons!

Enjoy!!!

jackyb
04-01-2004, 07:52 PM
I did the balcony last October. You are seated based on the order of your call. If you were the first person calling are a particular show, you will have the first seats in the front row. I called right at 8 a.m. 30 days out and I got the first 4 seats in the front row. My parents loved the view and the food and especially not having to find a spot in the crowds. I will be doing it again for our next trip in May. I called the other day and there were no shows listed for Memorial Day Weekend yet. They will probably know in a couple of weeks.