PDA

View Full Version : It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Upanova
10-18-2001, 08:29 AM
:D :D :D :D

Okay, I know that Halloween is only about a week or so away, but I was wondering, now that both Small World and Haunted Mansion has Christmas themes, how would you go about decorating OTHER attractions with a Christmas theme? I don't know if this thread has already been posted but I'm curious at to see what others would think up for decorating Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and whatever.

First thing I'd do is give the poor Matterhorn Yeti a Santa hat and a candy can to chow down on. Then I'd also give Lincoln a Santa Hat and some presents at his feet, and decorate the photo studio Yultide.

Hmmm, the Jungle Cruise could decorate Tiki Christmas style, and the Birds would have ornaments and decorations hanging from their perches. Wouldn't a new Tiki Bird Christmas show be cool???? I'd for one, would love it!

Okay, getting away with myself. The only problem I'd have is what would the Pirates do?

To bad we don't have Bears anymore. That Christmas show was one of the best Disneyland attractions during the Holiday season. I always loved all those christmas carols they sang....*Sigh*

Upanova

Morrigoon
10-18-2001, 10:48 AM
I think Mele Kalikimaka in the Tiki Room would rock! Couldn't you just hear the french bird (Jacques?) singing "Eetz ze must wonderfool time of ze yeeer!"

BiggJakeMoney
10-18-2001, 10:59 AM
Consarnit, I still hold to the opinion that there has got to by an amusing way to transform Indy for the holidays! I have absolutely no idea how the imagineers would go about doing this, but just think how funny that would be!

Any suggestions?

How about "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Peppermint Stick?"

-BJM

innerSpaceman
10-18-2001, 11:05 AM
Forget Christmas! Now that they've themed Haunted Mansion to Christmas at Halloween time, we should get some other attractions specifically themed to Halloween. In particular, I recall the wonderful Mickey's Halloween Treat evenings (lordy, lordy, why did they stop that after just 2 years??), Jungle cruise was wonderfully themed with, appropriate to one of those years, dalmations puppies all over the place in treacherous circumstances (about to be crushed by an elephant foot, etc.).

If you take away THE Halloween Ride, I want some others to replace it. (OK, NBC is not completely un-halloween, but less so than classic Mansion if you ask me. I could really get spooked in there at Halloween time - no chance of that now.)

tabacco
10-18-2001, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by BiggJakeMoney
Consarnit, I still hold to the opinion that there has got to by an amusing way to transform Indy for the holidays! I have absolutely no idea how the imagineers would go about doing this, but just think how funny that would be!

Any suggestions?

How about "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Peppermint Stick?"

Little santa hats on every skull, a candy cane in the hand of every mummy/ghoul/etc and paint the rolling ball up like a huge ornament :)

BiggJakeMoney
10-18-2001, 02:15 PM
Lol tobacco!

Also, for minimal cost, they could do away with all the simulated lava in the bridge room, and fill the pools with sweet, sweet, hot-apple cider. Imagine the smell in there!

-BJM

innerSpaceman
10-18-2001, 11:54 PM
Ok, I'd like to see a Christmasized Primeval World along the Disneyland Railroad. T-Rex all dolled up in Santa Hat and beard. Triceratops family decked out in Dickens garb, top hats and scarfts, caroling the new hatchlings. The little veloceraptor-type dynos freaking out in the heat at the shrinking water hole while improbable snowmen look on grinning. Brontosauruses in the pool all in reindeer horns and the pterydactal with a bright red nose.

Ok, so I can't spell the names of any of the dinosaurs, but you get the idea.

Nigel2
10-19-2001, 12:43 AM
For all you whiny people that hate spoilers look away.

Speaking of santa hats:

You know how the stain glass scenes in the elevator for HmH have skulls with santa hats on? And you know how when they darken the room they turn on eyes inside the frames of the "broken" scenes? Well is it just me or does it look like the monster frames are wearking little santa hats? Hey I am out of coffee so don't blame me for being crazy