PDA

View Full Version : Camera Stores near Disneylan

Fireman
03-27-2004, 05:34 PM
:) O.K. here is my question. is there a store close to the magical land that will take digital photos from memory stick and place them on CD for me. i was thinking of taking a buddy's camera but it's a 5Mp camera and all he has is a 128 MEG stick. I can also get a 32 Meg from work.

Hamradio
03-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Here is a search from Yahoo! Yellow Pages, with photo/camera stores in close proximity to Disneyland. Perhaps some phone calls to these individual businesses could yield an answer. Good luck!
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?&&city=Anaheim&state=CA&zip=92802-2309&uzip=92802&country=us&msa=5945&cs=9&ed=yo1SU6160SyKs5pO5hE4UbiD5XtcwP_hm4qUfCHAmGGtY2w RT4LXs74DPkpBZLqsVUGugKT7XCiAYw--&stp=y&stx=8120385

Bruce Bergman
03-27-2004, 07:35 PM
:) O.K. here is my question. is there a store close to the magical land that will take digital photos from memory stick and place them on CD for me. i was thinking of taking a buddy's camera but it's a 5Mp camera and all he has is a 128 MEG stick. I can also get a 32 Meg from work.

First (and simplest) Idea: See if you can borrow a laptop computer with a CD-burner or lots of free hard drive space, and use it to download your pictures at the hotel room. :geek: You don't need an expensive new one, it can be a relative's "Spare" wheezing antique Pentium One or ancient Mac Powerbook :eek: you just need to move the pictures to the hard drive, not do any post processing on them...

(Insert "Jeopardy" theme song here [about three loop-throughs worth] as you wait for the Steam powered laptop to wheeze through the boot-up process... :rolleyes: )

If you don't trust the hotel too much, get a Kensington computer security cable lock ($20-ish), and lock the computer leash to something big and hard to stuff under a coat, like fr'instance the coffee table. :cool: This will slow them down if a dishonest person on the housekeeping staff wants to "liberate" it.

Second idea: Ask at your hotel if they have a "Business Center" with a computer available for use, and if so what are the prices, and what equipment do they have?

If they have one, you will need to bring the right "flavor" of DVD+R or DVD+RW or DVD-R or DVD-RW, or some blank CD-R's (High Speed rated if their drive is a 10x or faster, they don't like burning old 1x speed blanks) - or buy them from the hotel at a serious markup. And if they don't have a Memory Stick Reader adapter for your camera you'll have to bring yours from home, and the software for it.

Third idea: If not there, ask them where the nearest Kinko's (http://www.kinkos.com/) is, many locations rent computer time by the hour (or fraction thereof). Same questions as above apply.

From a quick search at their Locations page, the two Anaheim stores don't do photo stuff, but they probably have computer rentals. The Brea, Fullerton and Orange stores show they have a "Sony Picture Station", and the blurb page lists burning the pictures to CD-R as an option.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--