PDA

View Full Version : How long would you wait in standby?

blondiemouse
03-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Okay so thanks to Paris experience and this site fastpass REALLY helped us this week.I could not however believe the amount of time people would queue for a single ride.We only went on splash once,first on Monday,no wait,but the ride was always 70 to 120 minutes for 3 days right to closing,more usually 120.Now I thought it was an okay ride but not worth two hours of my short Disney time.Actually all fastpass rides worked with us needing no queing (that Pirates no link to the system works,thanks guys)but my question is if there were no fastpass how long would you wait for a single ride?

Disneyfreak
03-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Single rider with a regular line of 120 min is 10 min for single.

danyoung
03-27-2004, 11:38 AM
It depends on the attraction, and on whether I've been on it yet. Back when Indy first opened, the lines were 2 hours long and stretched back into the hub and into Frontierland. I'd never wait that long under normal circumstances, but as I had yet to ride it, and I knew the line wasn't going to get shorter during the day, I bit the bullet and waited the 2 hours.

But that kind of wait just for another trip on Splash? Never. If a line is even 30 minutes, I have to think twice before getting in line. But then I usually visit 2 or 3 times a year, so I can always hit a favorite attraction next time.

Disneyfreak
03-28-2004, 01:24 PM
It depends on the attraction, and on whether I've been on it yet. Back when Indy first opened, the lines were 2 hours long and stretched back into the hub and into Frontierland. I'd never wait that long under normal circumstances, but as I had yet to ride it, and I knew the line wasn't going to get shorter during the day, I bit the bullet and waited the 2 hours.

But that kind of wait just for another trip on Splash? Never. If a line is even 30 minutes, I have to think twice before getting in line. But then I usually visit 2 or 3 times a year, so I can always hit a favorite attraction next time.

LOL lucky you! I waited 6 hours to go indy when it first opened. The line went all the way to big thunder mountain! The reason for the long wait was because it broke down for an hour so we just sat there and we were 5 min away from the actual ride lol.

disNeytEen
03-28-2004, 03:35 PM
I would wait at the most 70 minutes for a ride, because if you were to end up waiting two hours for the rides (Splash, space (even thought its closed), BTM, pooh and others) then plus lunch you would at the most get to ride six rides, so i wake up three hours before the park opens, then around 1hr and 30 minutes i go and get a close seat near the gates, then i run to the entrance tunnel closes to Indy then i run to Indy ride it then to splash then to BTM, by then all the waits are 30 or less minutes and that is usually how long it takes to walk to the ride :fez:

disNeytEen
03-28-2004, 03:36 PM
sorry i accidently cliked it twice

Doombuggy999
03-28-2004, 05:43 PM
First off, HELLO to everyone! I'm a newbie to your boards. I joined last night on the eve of the big ticket price increase...I got so freaked out by it I felt I had to finally join to voice my outrage! :)

Anyhoo, I go to Disneyland so often, I won't wait more than 30min in a standby line...especially when it's 90+ degrees in the sun! :D

Captain Josh
03-28-2004, 05:55 PM
As long as I have to.

danyoung
03-29-2004, 04:43 AM
The reason for the long wait was because it broke down for an hour so we just sat there and we were 5 min away from the actual ride lol.

That would have just about KILLED me! Why can't the rides break down just as you're getting into a long line? They always wait till you're 3 people away from getting on the danged thing!!!

ppmuse
03-29-2004, 07:37 AM
Prior to fastpass (BF Before Fastpass), I would wait as long as I had to. After Fastpass (AF), an hour. Wife and I now find lines a bore, and would rather get a fast pass and go back to the hotel for a rest rather than stand in line. There are certain lines that I would have to say are less than an hour (Winnie the Pooh, a lot of the Fantasyland rides, and Star Tours), but those are rare.