PDA

View Full Version : DL Admission Prices to Increase This Sunday (3/28/04)!

Pages : [1] 2

HBTiggerFan
03-26-2004, 04:49 PM
I just heard on the news that the ticket prices for adults are going up to $49.75 on Sunday. I am link hunting right now.

EDIT:

I just got off the phone with Disneyland. I was told that the ticket prices are going up on Sunday but she didn't have the figures, and I asked if it was just tickets or Annual Passes as well and she thinks it's all of them.

Now I know that what one CM says can vary from another, however after hearing it on the news I wanted to share.

Not Afraid
03-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Nice timing! :rolleyes:

adriennek
03-26-2004, 05:22 PM
The Channel 4, KNBC news just reported that one-day admission prices will increase to $49 and $39 this Sunday.

Guest Relations would not confirm prices but did confirm that AP prices are increasing this Sunday, March 28. They also confirmed that they are also introducing a new AP priced at $99.

Adrienne K- off to the Disney Store!

Forbin
03-26-2004, 05:32 PM
A NEW AP at $99? Gah back to 1 park again eh?

HBTiggerFan
03-26-2004, 05:40 PM
The Channel 4, KNBC news just reported that one-day admission prices will increase to $49 and $39 this Sunday.

Thats where I heard it. Thanks Adrienne.

After you get your vouchers, can you let us know how long they are good for?

Darkbeer
03-26-2004, 07:13 PM
First off, the Multi-Day tickets went up January 5th, 2004, so they should remain the same...

The Single Day and AP prices will go up....

What to do, if your AP expires in the next couple of months, print this renewal form out NOW!!!!

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/externalLink?id=RenewPDFLink

HBTiggerFan
03-26-2004, 07:17 PM
DarkBeer, do you know if someone whose AP is to expire in June renewed it tomorrow would get it extended out a year from tomorrow or a year from the origional experation date?

adriennek
03-26-2004, 07:46 PM
After you get your vouchers, can you let us know how long they are good for?

The person who helped me had a nametag that said, "Manager" on it. (When I said something about buying it before the prices go up on Sunday he said, "Who knew?" and I wanted to say: "Well you did when you got the signage, didn't you?")

I asked him: Now, these are good for 3 months, right? and he said, "Well, they don't know when you bought these so it doesn't matter."

I'm not saying that they're good indefinitely, I'm not making any promises, etc, etc. I'm just telling you what he told me. On the back of the pass it does say: "processing must be used within 3 months of purchase."

It also says how much I paid for it on the pass, just no date. I'm guessing they'll be able to figure out that three months after March 27 will be the last day to accept an AP at this price.

Adrienne

HBTiggerFan
03-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Thanks Adrienne. I just renewed, but I know a few people on the pad have renewals coming up.......

Maus
03-26-2004, 07:58 PM
So where does one go to renew tomorrow? Ticket booth? Guest Relations? AP processing? All of the above?

Not Afraid
03-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Guest Relations - outside the entrance - is usually the quickest way......IF they still print cards.

RickW
03-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Two years ago, I tried to renew by mail about 60 days before our PAPs expired. I had the bucks at the time. I was wondering why they didn't cash the check that I sent them. Then about a month later, I received the renewal forms and the check in the mail. They had returned everything with a note that they couldn't process our renewal more than thirty days before expiration. Ironically, by the time they returned everything, we were in the thirty day window, so I just bundled everything up and sent it back to them.

adriennek
03-26-2004, 10:06 PM
The KTLA news reported that the $99 is a Southern California something that is only good on weekdays.

Adrienne

Darkbeer
03-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Here is the printed KNBC report...

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/2954241/detail.html

Starting Sunday, it'll cost $49.75 for an adult to get into Disneyland or California Adventure, and parents will have to plunk down $39.75 for their children's admission.

Annual passports, whose prices range from $105 to $225, will rise to $279 for the premium pass, which allows entry every day of the year, Wardle said.

But guests will be able to buy a new product, the Southern California Select Annual Passport, for $99.

It allows weekday access to both parks for 170 days and is designed for parents with young children, or seniors and others who want to visit the parks when crowds are smaller, Wardle said.

The price for multi-day tickets will remain the same at the gate, Wardle said.

Darkbeer
03-26-2004, 10:39 PM
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/2954241/detail.html

QuikQuote:

Starting Sunday, it'll cost $49.75 for an adult to get into Disneyland or California Adventure, and parents will have to plunk down $39.75 for their children's admission. Annual passports, whose prices range from $105 to $225, will rise to $279 for the premium pass, which allows entry every day of the year, Wardle said. But guests will be able to buy a new product, the Southern California Select Annual Passport, for $99. It allows weekday access to both parks for 170 days and is designed for parents with young children, or seniors and others who want to visit the parks when crowds are smaller, Wardle said. The price for multi-day tickets will remain the same at the gate, Wardle said. Guests who buy multi-day tickets before leaving home can save under the Advance Purchase Savings program

MonorailMan
03-27-2004, 01:10 AM
Holy Crap!

Oh well, I guess there's always SoCal (Wonder why they added the "Select") :confused:

Sophie832
03-27-2004, 01:15 AM
Here's my line of thought:

My pass expires in June. Not w/in the 30-day period to renew right now, but w/in the 3 month window of a new pass bought at the Disney Store. So, isn't the logical thing to buy a new pass voucher tomorrow, and then keep it until June, and just get a new pass?

MotorBoat Cruiser
03-27-2004, 01:15 AM
Hmm, I have the socal pass right now that allows Sundays. It sounds as if they are going to eliminate Sundays from that pass for basically the same price ($6 cheaper). That will make it much harder to visit with that pass. I guess I will have to get an upgrade next time around.

Darkbeer
03-27-2004, 03:19 AM
Here's my line of thought:

My pass expires in June. Not w/in the 30-day period to renew right now, but w/in the 3 month window of a new pass bought at the Disney Store. So, isn't the logical thing to buy a new pass voucher tomorrow, and then keep it until June, and just get a new pass?
Good question, for some, the new $99 pass might be better, but if you are thinking about a Premium AP, so long as your voucher doesnt expire until June 30th (Vouchers have about a 3 month shelf life, and the date is on the bottom of the voucher, it is always the last day of a month), that might be the best deal, I will do some math Sunday evening after I get the new prices.......

03-27-2004, 06:11 AM
Moderator's note: Because this thread and "Disneyland Prices Going Up" deal with the same subject, I am merging them.

-Helen/3894

HBTiggerFan
03-27-2004, 08:16 AM
But guests will be able to buy a new product, the Southern California Select Annual Passport, for $99.

It allows weekday access to both parks for 170 days and is designed for parents with young children, or seniors and others who want to visit the parks when crowds are smaller, Wardle said.

........or teens whose parents don't want to put them in day camp or leave them home alone............

Although it sounds from that that summers will be blocked out........

Brian Noble
03-27-2004, 09:05 AM
The key phrase is "parents with young children". That translates to "blocked out any day schools might be on a break." Interestingly, the typical school year is about 180 days of instruction, so it's not that hard to guess which 170 days we're talking about.

AVP
03-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Some additional information:
The prices we reported for APs are correct, and the SoCal passport will still be offerd. The new prices are SoCal: $129, Deluxe: $179, Premium: $279
There seems to be no change to the parking add-on, although this new information is not consistant with the printed signs already at the Disney Stores.
"2fer" tickets will increase to $49.75 / $39.75 for the rest of the promotion.
The CityPass ticket is also going up, to $172 for adults and $129 for kids. (This takes effect on on 4/1/04.)
There will be a new 1-day, 1-park senior ticket offered at $47.75.
The Fantasmic dessert package will be raised to $49.75
Here's the biggie - IF you existing pass has an expiration date in April or May, you CAN renew at the current renewal prices: Deluxe $145, Premium $205. You MUST renew before your expiration date. Passes that expire or are renewed after June 1 are subject to the new prices. AVP

Maus
03-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Some additional information:

Here's the biggie - IF you existing pass has an expiration date in April or May, you CAN renew at the current renewal prices: Deluxe $145, Premium $205. You MUST renew before your expiration date. Passes that expire or are renewed after June 1 are subject to the new prices.
AVP
Thank you, thank you Disney and AVP! Saves me a trip to the park.

disneyboy7
03-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi,
I want to upgrade from deluxe to premium on Apr 9. Does anyone know if I'll have to upgrade to the new price or can I get it at the old rate. My deluxe doesn't expire til Oct. I left a vm at the AP line but wonder if anyone already knows.
Thanks,
DB7