PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Summer 2005

disneycrazymom
03-26-2004, 05:10 PM
I am thinking of planning a trip to Disneyland for summer of 2005. For those of you who are lucky enough to get to be there often, would this be a good time to go? I am in St. Louis and so this is not a trip we will make often, and I would like to see the park with as much of the remodel finished as possible. I am hopeful the rumors are true and one of the cruise ships moves west, then we could do a land/ sea package! :) Thanks.

Disneyfreak
03-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Ride wise it will be as good as your going to get this year. There are some flaws though if your going in the summer.

1. The castle will be all covered in tarps and scafolding
2. It will be extremely crowded-try to go on a weekday
3. It will be really hot.
4. There will be more tarps etc for refurbishment on many of the buildings so dont expect it to be done till next year.

I would recommend going in early september before the 8th because thats the day the major refurbs start again and you might get to see the castle fresh out of rehab. :) Also the best thing will be that there wont be as big of a crowd.

ozbeauticn
03-26-2004, 06:35 PM
1. The castle will be all covered in tarps and scafolding
4. There will be more tarps etc for refurbishment on many of the buildings so dont expect it to be done till next year.

I thought these things were happening this summer, 2004, so that everything would be ready for the 50th in 2005. Will refurbishments STILL be going on during summer of 2005, when Space Mountain has reopened?

Disney Vault
03-26-2004, 08:10 PM
I think he missread what you said. I am sure the tarps will be gone by summer of 2005.

Baloo
03-26-2004, 08:50 PM
I am thinking of planning a trip to Disneyland for summer of 2005. For those of you who are lucky enough to get to be there often, would this be a good time to go? I am in St. Louis and so this is not a trip we will make often, and I would like to see the park with as much of the remodel finished as possible. I am hopeful the rumors are true and one of the cruise ships moves west, then we could do a land/ sea package! :) Thanks.

I think Disneyfreek misread your post.

Most of the construction and rehabs including the castle being covered will be happening this summer with some of it extending into early months of 2004. All or most of the rehabs should be done by summer 2005 when you are planning on going. Summer 2005 should be a good time to visit just consider that summers are usually busy at Disneyland Resort. The good thing is, that if plans continue to go as they are hoping by summer 2005 the new Buzz lightyear attraction should be opened and the new relaunched/refurbished Space Mountain could be open as soon as early summer 2005. During that time the 50th celebration should already be happening with new parade and firework show performing regularly. The rest of the plans for the 50th for 2005 will be announce in about one month so more information with exact dates should be available soon.

Disneyfreak
03-27-2004, 01:12 AM
whoops I made a mistake; I thought you were talking about 2004. Sorry everything will be up except space mountain in 2005. Space Mountain is set for nov 2005. :crying: