PDA

View Full Version : Yipeee I'm going to Disneyland! [Fantasmic question]

ToursbabeC3po
03-26-2004, 04:40 AM
Okay so I am a big dork because I go to Disneyland on one of my days off from working at the darn place. Me and my kids just have a blast everytime we go. We try to go every other Friday. Sometimes we don't even go on any rides. My kids are all into pin trading right now and it is so fun watching them have a good time with that. Anyway, I was planning on taking them to see fantasmic tonight. The last time they saw it was 4 or 5 years ago. Candace was only 5 and Clint was about 7 then so they should enjoy that. Do any of you have any suggestions on what time we should find a seat. Keep in mind I have a two Autistic spectrum disorder kids. One has Aspergers syndrome and the other ADHD. So the least amount of waiting would be best. I was thinking of bringing game boys for them to play with while we wait to distract them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou so much and have a great day!

Kevy Baby
03-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Well, where else are you going to go on your day off?!? It's not like you work in a factory. :)

Since there are two shows tonight, my suggestion is to show up right after the first show ends, say around 9:25 (the first show starts at 9:00 and lasts around 22 minutes). That would be about a one hour wait (I don't know of that would be too much).

Depending on how well you can time things and how well the kids handle distractions, try to be getting on HM right at the start of the first show (use FastPassTM - you don't want to be chancing standby. Even if they catch a couple glimpses, it won't ruin the show for them. You'll still be getting off HM before the show is over - that's okay. Take a left turn out of the HM exit, heading towards Critter Country. You can stand by the edge of ROA and watch rafts/boats go by from the show. Or maybe go into CC for a few minutes to get them away from the action.

Once the show is over, head towards the River near the loading area for TSI Rafts. Some areas around there are closed off for Preferred Seating and Handicap, but I have found you can get a decent place to hang with a good view of a spray screen. Plus its usually not as packed in like Center Stage. Also, since you will be coming in from CC, you will not be playing salmon, swimming upstream.

Have fun tonight - I hope they enjoy my favorite thing at DL!

ToursbabeC3po
03-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Thanks A lot!!!!! Can we use the handicap seating with a GAC. My son can get one no problem. And is the seating or standing any good in that area?

Irish Badger
03-26-2004, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=ToursbabeC3po]Okay so I am a big dork because I go to Disneyland on one of my days off from working at the darn place. QUOTE]

:D I END UP THERE ON MY DAYS OFF QUITE OFTEN <---Sorry about the caps my cat walked on the key board and hit caplock. :rolleyes:

Bruce Bergman
03-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Okay so I am a big dork because I go to Disneyland on one of my days off from working at the darn place.

Never apologize for signing in on a day off and enjoying the park as a Guest does, to be aware of what's going on you almost have to do that occasionally - it's the true dorks that never go into the park except to work, and they have NO IDEA of what's going on outside the little bubble of their work area. The dorks who only clock out and go home get asked about another ride or show and have to stand there going "Umm, errrr, uhhhhh..." :confused: It's pathetic when I see it. :(

Me and my kids just have a blast everytime we go. We try to go every other Friday. Sometimes we don't even go on any rides. My kids are all into pin trading right now and it is so fun watching them have a good time with that. Anyway, I was planning on taking them to see fantasmic tonight. The last time they saw it was 4 or 5 years ago. Candace was only 5 and Clint was about 7 then so they should enjoy that. Do any of you have any suggestions on what time we should find a seat.

The previouly suggested "slide in as the first show is letting out" strategy should work best, as there are folks who get there a few hours early for prime (to them) seats for the first show.

Keep in mind I have a two Autistic spectrum disorder kids. One has Aspergers syndrome and the other ADHD. So the least amount of waiting would be best. I was thinking of bringing game boys for them to play with while we wait to distract them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much and have a great day!

Oy vey. :eek: Okay, now I know whose picture I'll see when I look up the phrase "Patience of a Saint" in the dictionary... Bring a blanket or something to sit on, that concrete can get seriously cold, and it's literally as hard as a rock. ;) And you already covered electronic distractions. A 'bedtime story' type book would work as a time-killer also, might be handy to bring as an emergency measure.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--