PDA

View Full Version : Harmless Pranks

slaakker
10-17-2001, 09:32 PM
In my younger and not as wise days....

my friends and I would play "harmless" jokes on people at Disneyland. I thought it might be fun to share one or two for a laugh.:D

We used to take a nickle and superglue it to a railing in one of the lines. Then we would sit and watch people try to pick it up or pry it off. Hours of entertainment!

We used to sit behind people on a rollercoaster (usually in a dark area) and hit the peoples raised hands in front of us. They would think they hit them on a part of the ride and usually laugh really hard. I told my dad about this one and guess who tried it the next time we went on BTM.... Yep, dad. I thought he was going to pass out because he was laughing so hard at the girls in front of us. Afterwards he told them what he did and they thought it was pretty funny.

This thread is meant for a laugh and not an endorsement to do the dumb things I have done.

Anyone else have any stories?

Nigel2
10-17-2001, 10:04 PM
Knocking on a neighboring car in the HM is always fun (as long as there isn't a scared kid inside)

MickeyD
10-17-2001, 10:38 PM
I always knock on my friends' doombuggies (not strangers, though). Any prank I have ever pulled has always been on my friends. When I was younger I was notorious for unhooking the chains that made up the queues and hooking them to my friends' belt buckles. When the line would start moving they would start walking and then suddenly they were yanked back. The last time I tried it was a few years ago, and it didn't go quite the way it was supposed to, but it was still hilarious. We were in line for Rocket Rods, and I attached the chain to the hood of my friends sweatshirt, and for some reason when she would walk forward it made a sound EXACTLY like a roller coaster going up a hill. When she heard it she kinda stopped to listen, and it stopped so she started walking again, so the noise started up again. The puzzled look on her face was so funny. :D

I want to reiterate that I have never pulled a prank on a stranger.

Ralph Wiggum
10-17-2001, 10:43 PM
I do the chain and belt buckle thing still sometimes...its really funny for everyone except the person you do it to....strangers in line bust up laughing. Just be careful, people will stop at nothing to get you back

BTW....if you do pranks, be sure they are harmless and think about the. Pennies glued to rails or hitting peoples hands are one thing, sprinkling sugar or salt on a railing is another(i have a feeling someone was just trying to be funny and pull a "harmless" prank last weekend at the resort)

Morrigoon
10-17-2001, 10:44 PM
Haha, the nickel thing is hilarious.

We used to (with older turnstiles such as those still at Thunder Mtn - NOT that I'm making any suggestions! ;)) roll back the turnstile after we'd gone through it. One roll backwards would lock it from going forward. If the people behind us were not paying attention, we'd do this and laugh at them unable to get through (the secret is, one more roll back will release it forward again).

I have heard of people playing the Circle of Doom trick on tour groups. In areas with large chain and stanchion (pole) setups (like Space Mtn), when it was less crowded, rearranging the chains so that a large group would walk in, go in a circle, and eventually hit a dead end. This can be done with the poles at HM too, if you know the trick to moving them. That's even funnier because fewer people will know how to fix that, since you can't just unhook a chain.

EandCDad
10-18-2001, 07:14 AM
I would suggest if you try Morrigoon's prank about the turnstile that you make sure an adult or teen is behind you. My daughter slammed into a locked turnstile and it hit her about chest high. While it did no long term damage it did knock the wind out of her and gave her something of a scare.

This isn't really a prank but when I was in college my buddy would start singing "Happy Birthday" to me in long lines, Star Tours, etc. Pretty soon everyone in line would be singing, despite that it was July and my birthday is in January.

Ralph Wiggum
10-18-2001, 09:03 AM
That "Birthday" one reminds me of two more. When your outside in a crowd get a few friends and all point up in one direction and stare(like at a spot on a building or castle) It's amazing how many people will try and figure out what you are looking at. Also, while waiting in line for one of the shows where they usually have an announcement, get a group of friends to "shhhhh" all at once. Everyone joins in and gets real quiet. They get confused because nothing happens. I havent done these in awhile, like 2 months ;)

innerSpaceman
10-18-2001, 10:07 AM
Ok, here's my favorite (done only once). It was a TRW night or some other private party night at the Park, so crowds and CMs were scarce. My friends went on Pirates and I decided to hang out in NOS. When I estimated that their cruise was nearly done, I went in through the exit, climbed over the lattice wall and back along the narrow brick walkway that is over the shute that the boats come up. I made my way all the way back towards the ride exit as far as you can go, waited for my friend's boat, and then leaped onto their laps from 8 feet above.

Scared the hell of them. They still talk about it 20 years later.

tabacco
10-18-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Ok, here's my favorite (done only once). It was a TRW night or some other private party night at the Park, so crowds and CMs were scarce. My friends went on Pirates and I decided to hang out in NOS. When I estimated that their cruise was nearly done, I went in through the exit, climbed over the lattice wall and back along the narrow brick walkway that is over the shute that the boats come up. I made my way all the way back towards the ride exit as far as you can go, waited for my friend's boat, and then leaped onto their laps from 8 feet above.

Well, there's a good way to get thrown out :)

innerSpaceman
10-18-2001, 01:54 PM
Tabacco, that's why it was done on a TRW night. You can get away with practically anything on those private party nights.

Ralph Wiggum
10-18-2001, 01:57 PM
I've jumped from one doombuggie to another to scare friends...wont ever do it again. When i was young I wasnt scared of getting hurt. Now I am :)

DisneylandKid
10-18-2001, 05:28 PM
Let's see - I have too much respect for the Resort. Sure, I've knocked on (friends') doombuggies, but that's pretty much it.

DisneylandBoy
10-18-2001, 05:40 PM
Ok - I am going to tell you all a little secret. Some of you might know this, but for those of you who don't: DisneylandKid and I are actually really good friends. We go to school together and I introduced him to these boards. I am going to tell you stuff, and he can varify a lot of it!

I love to sing in lines. I'll just burst out into song. One time we were in line for Splash Mountain and I was singing and the guy behind me said "Keep your day job." What's really funny, is I am a singer. I go to school for it and sing in shows, so techncally it is my day job! I will also go up to random people and say hi to them like I know them. I too knock on the cars of my friends' doombuggies. I do many crazy things at Disneyland. This is just a few of them! One time on Pirates we started singing the theme song, and pretty soon, everyone was singing along!

jake99
10-18-2001, 06:34 PM
This isnt really a prank but its something that will make your ride on star tours much funner

in the beggining when your putting your seatbelts pull it out as far as it can go then sit on the excess slack until cm leaves then pull it out and hold onto the belt next to where it comes out and youll have much more slack and a much more wild and fun ride

Napsto
10-18-2001, 07:45 PM
you guys are all rebels, and btw mickeyd you pulled your chain ish on me, punk!

jake99
10-18-2001, 07:52 PM
wouldnt use the word punk unless you knew what it means
psh! jocks,
surfings a real mans sport

slaakker
10-18-2001, 08:04 PM
Let's see - I have too much respect for the Resort. Sure, I've knocked on (friends') doombuggies, but that's pretty much it.

I knew there would be some comments as this. DLKid, as was implied before, most of us have done some stupid things as kids at DL. I'm not proud of it but as you can see, some of this is pretty funny. Stupid, but funny. We are not endorsing this behavior.

BTW, some of the posts are hilarious! Thanks for the laughs!

MickeyD
10-18-2001, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
and btw mickeyd you pulled your chain ish on me, punk!

When? I don't remember. And here I thought I grew out of it. Did it at least work?

Nigel2
10-18-2001, 10:24 PM
Hmmm chaining it to belts might be hard but chaining it to your friends chain wallet might be funny. I actually think its kind of mean to do the coin thing since a cm has to pry it up and it messes with the precious paint job that so many whine about. I remember a friend of mine doing something really cruel I think he duct taped one side of a trash can shut from the inside so when people would try to use that side they wouldn't be able to put trash in, but the funny part came when they would keep trying instead of going to the otherside.:D

innerSpaceman
10-18-2001, 11:46 PM
DisneylandBoy - just wanted you to know that we have started singalongs on Pirates many, many times. When it became apparent that all the people who joined in could only sing the chorus, we started handing out lyric sheets so we could all loudly sing the verses as well. And when that didn't work cause no one could read in the dark, we started handing the sheets out on line (back in the days when the line actually wrapped around the side of the bldg near the treehouse) and we'd get everyone to practice, singing Yo Ho over and over again all through the queue. Then we'd sit back and listen to boatload after boatload of people singing the song. It was a blast.

More attractions need theme songs. I guess it was something that went out in the 60's, but it sure was cool.

We'd also sing Miracles from Molecules alot at the exit to Inner Space. (oh, oh, don't get me started on inner space...)