PDA

View Full Version : At Disneyland...

BryanPeek
03-24-2004, 02:48 PM
As anyone ever worn one of those "Disappointed" T-shirts at Disneyland? I was actually thinking about doing it for my next trip, April 12 though April 17, but it'd be too late now. Oh well though...So has anyone ever worn one of them there? Or has any cast members seen people wear them?

If I see one, I'll make sure to at least smile or wave or something. :~D

Kevy Baby
03-24-2004, 03:15 PM
I know not of what you speak. Please show me how ignorant and outof touch I am by telling me :)

disneydreams
03-24-2004, 03:22 PM
these: http://www.justinspace.com/disappointed.html

There was a link to it on savedisney

christina
03-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Those are great!!! I'll have to get one for my next trip

Kevy Baby
03-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the link!

Disneyfreak
03-24-2004, 05:25 PM
I dont like that shirt because it is blaming Disneyland and the company in general and not the people who are making it that way. So basically what that shirt says is Disneyland sucks. I like the shirts that blame Eisner or support Roy Disney.

Disney Vault
03-24-2004, 05:34 PM
I want a shirt that says Good bye Eisner on the front and savedisney.com on the back.

Gemini Cricket
03-24-2004, 05:45 PM
As anyone ever worn one of those "Disappointed" T-shirts at Disneyland? I was actually thinking about doing it for my next trip, April 12 though April 17, but it'd be too late now. Oh well though...So has anyone ever worn one of them there? Or has any cast members seen people wear them?
:~D
Someone asked this before and I asked someone at Disneyland.com about it. Their response was that they have the right to basically object to something you wear that is not deemed appropriate. If it has the potential to be objectionable to guests or if they get complaints, they can ask you to change your shirt or ask you to leave. The CM who emailed me said that that shirt probably would not get past the screeners at the gate. I thought it was a pretty strict rule, but it does make sense. They are aware the shirt exists...

GeminiAngel
03-24-2004, 06:39 PM
[B]This shirt kills the magic for those around you. Also management would be thinking " if they are so "disappointed" why did this person pay admission to come in the park today?" I'm up for the - See ya wouldn't want to be ya Eisner! shirt.

Lost Boy
03-24-2004, 07:13 PM
I feel like I must jump in here and say something. For the last few years all we have read about on this site is the terrible condition that Disneyland was in. We all hated Paul Pressler and then Cynthia Harris because she didn't do anything to change things after Pressler left. And I agree. For 10 years the Park was allowed to fall into a sad parady of something else. It wasn't magic anymore. I let my AP go and had no desire to renew it until things changed, if ever.

Now, we have new people in charge. Most of the Pressler and Harris people are gone. Matt and the rest "get it" and are doing everything in their power to give Disneyland the TLC it has needed for so long. I, for one, am happy to see construction walls everywhere, repainting everywhere, scaffolding everywhere as it means, finally, Disneyland is getting it's Magic back. And they are going about it as best they can. So now all I read is complaints about all the work going on. Come on people, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't just close Disneyland down for several months and work on it. That's a dream. So instead of saying how Disappointing Disneyland is, lets wait until it's all done with and we have our Magical Little Park back. I can't wait. The AP gets renewed within the next two weeks and I want to watch them bring the Park back to life.

Yes I know it'a a dissapoint for those who come from elsewhere to find so much work going on, but for us locals and APr's, we should know better. Let's just give them a chance to fix the place up. It took 10 years for Pressler to ruin it and it's not going be fixed overnight.

kijay
03-24-2004, 08:17 PM
That was definitely well said Lost Boy. I agree 100%

LOYL2DZNY
03-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Those are great!!! I'll have to get one for my next trip

Just a thought...But if you are so "Disappointed", then why would you bother to even make a "next trip"?

Disney Darlin'
03-26-2004, 04:50 PM
I haven't seen the "Dissapointed" T's but I did see a "Disgruntled Imagineer" one the last time I went.

christina
03-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Just a thought...But if you are so "Disappointed", then why would you bother to even make a "next trip"?
Just because I'm "dissapointed" with Disney, doesn't mean that I'm going to boycott Disneyland. It's just a form of expression with the way things are right now.Disneyland will forever be a special place for me no matter what, however that doens't mean that I can't be upset with certain aspects of how things are run.

Filbert
03-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOYL2DZNY

Yes, I agree. Although I wear my "disappointed" shirt quite often, I never thought of wearing it to the park. In fact I haven't been to the park since I saw the expensive mess they made in the parking lot. I don't plan on returning either.

Lost Boy
03-27-2004, 10:15 PM
If you don't like DCA, which a lot of people don't simply because, you shouldn't take that out on Disneyland. You can still go to Disneyland without having to go into DCA. Some wonderful things are happening at Disneyland right now and more will be coming (See Al's latest column) and the Park is not being run the same anymore. Jay and Matt really do "Get It" and the results are becoming very evident. You may not want to go right now because of all the work going on, but once they finish, I would not miss the opportunity to see Disneyland sparkle again. :D