PDA

View Full Version : Mansion graffiti!

CaliforniaCrazy
03-23-2004, 10:45 PM
When I went to Disneyland today, I saw something that made me feel somewhat disturbed. As my fiance and I were heading into the Haunted Mansion, I noticed that someone had scrawled graffiti on the doorway of the entrance. It is very noticeable and I pointed it out to my fiance. Now I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and if any cast member has tried to remove it? It looks like it hasn't been there for awhile, and it really bummed me out that someone has no respect for Disneyland rides at all. I just hope that the next time I go to the Mansion that it will have been taken care of. :(

TheatreTech
03-23-2004, 11:01 PM
Do you mean the entrance in through the gate?
'Cause isn't there always a CM standing there? (To check FP.)

Or do you mean the doorway into the foyer? (Is that what it's called? You know, the one that's always cold..."When hinges creak in doorless chambers..." that one. I'm mumbling aren't I? :| )

CaliforniaCrazy
03-23-2004, 11:15 PM
The doorway into the foyer. It's on the left hand side as you enter. It was scrawled in big white letters. I'm surprised that no cast member has noticed it, and if they already have, I apologize. :crying:

ToursbabeC3po
03-24-2004, 02:36 AM
When I went to Disneyland today, I saw something that made me feel somewhat disturbed. As my fiance and I were heading into the Haunted Mansion, I noticed that someone had scrawled graffiti on the doorway of the entrance. It is very noticeable and I pointed it out to my fiance. Now I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and if any cast member has tried to remove it? It looks like it hasn't been there for awhile, and it really bummed me out that someone has no respect for Disneyland rides at all. I just hope that the next time I go to the Mansion that it will have been taken care of. :(

Graffiti is removed at all times at Disney. You may have come right after it happened or maybe the crew did not know it was there yet. If anyone ever sees graffiti please let a cast member know because we have it removed right away! This type of disrespect happens everyday at Disney. You all don't see it because we try to take care of it right away.

Pirate Girl
03-24-2004, 09:36 AM
Graffiti is removed at all times at Disneyland. If anyone ever sees graffiti please let a cast member know because we have it removed right away!

That's true! When I was there in June of '03 my cousin and I noticed a couple signing their names on the wishing well in Snow Whites Grotto. We alerted a security guard and within fifteen minutes there was someone there cleaning it off.

mrs_toad
03-24-2004, 10:06 AM
:mad: Is nothing sacred? That really disgusts me!

If I had my way, I would run DL like the country of Singapore. No chewing gum, no large marking pens, etc. If folks don't like it, good, don't come in. It would make DL that much more pleasant for the rest of us. I'll visit more often and spend more money!

Everytime I visit my beloved Mr. Toad, I find that someone has desecrated him in some way. Food wrappers, chewed gum or candy stuck in his mouth, chipped paint. It really makes my heart sink. I clean him up as best as I can...cussing under my breath the entire time! :(

Disney Vault
03-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Its just like at school. We got a brand new school and already there are pen marks on the walls, gum on the floor and desks, and carvings in wood.

Ghoulish Delight
03-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Bunch of savages in this town.

Corith
03-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Its just like at school. We got a brand new school and already there are pen marks on the walls, gum on the floor and desks, and carvings in wood.

Dogs need to mark their territory some how.

RStar
03-24-2004, 03:51 PM
GD, do you mean they are from this town, or just visiting this town? I wonder if it is the boredom of the kids with the CA Passes or visiters from elwhere that do this sort of thing.

I once was told that DL stopped having AP parties because they tore the place up, which really angered me. I try to be helpful, and even pick up after others once in a while when I'm there.......

Ghoulish Delight
03-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Actually, I was just quoting a movie.

unoriginal
03-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Bunch of savages in this town.

Randal from "Clerks" right?

Ghoulish Delight
03-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Both Randal and Dante say it, but yes, Clerks.