PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion action figures!

CaliforniaCrazy
03-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Has anyone seen these at Disneyland yet? I bought all six of them at Le Bat En Rouge today, and they are very cool for a Haunted Mansion freak like myself. There are six figures in all, and they each come with their own little base. There are the three Hitchhiking Ghosts, of course, and the Bride, the Caretaker and his dog, and a ghost called the Mariner, although I don't see where this character fits into the Haunted Mansion. Maybe there is a Mariner character in the WDW Haunted Mansion? Still, it is a pretty well-made figure. If enough people buy the figures there might be more demand for Disney to make more, like the Singing Busts and other ghosts. So be sure to go to Disneyland and pick some up today! :)

Disney Vault
03-24-2004, 01:53 PM
are there any pictures?

Cancer Norm
03-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by California Crazy
Has anyone seen these at Disneyland yet? I bought all six of them at Le Bat En Rouge today, and they are very cool for a Haunted Mansion freak like myself. There are six figures in all, and they each come with their own little base.

Action Figures? Are they plastic?, movable limbs? DETAILS!! :D

CaliforniaCrazy
03-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Yes, they are plastic, and they have moveable limbs. Also, you can buy them at Mouseshoppe. Just type in Haunted Mansion and there they are. The three Hitchiking Ghosts, and the Mariner all glow in the dark, which is very cool. Is that enough details for you? ;)

Lost Boy
03-24-2004, 07:19 PM
They are based on the HM Movie, not the ride. Each comes in a "Diorama" with all kinds of stuff included. The Caretaker comes with his dog, a shovel and lantern, a HM post and tree and fence section along with a base the all fit on with some funny gravestone headpieces. The bride comes with part of the attic with the HM wallpaper on the back wall, a trunk, a jack in the box, a boque and set of dresser drawers, and the drawers slide out. I didn't get the others, yet. But they are cool. The figures are jointed and fit to the base pretty well. Kind of expensive at $14.95 each, that's why I only got the bride and caretaker as they look the closest to the ride. The hitchiking ghosts are sold seperately and the Mariner is just not part of the ride. It looks like something more out of Pirates of the Carribean. Except he is not a skeleton. They are also at World of Disney in the Toy Section at the far West end of the store.

CaliforniaCrazy
03-24-2004, 07:28 PM
They are based on the movie? Coulda fooled me. I never saw the Caretaker in the movie, much less the way the Hitchhiking ghosts more resemble the ride's. Also the boxes have the Disneyland Mansion on one side, and the WDW version on the other. And the Bride does not resemble Marsha Thomason in the movie at all. So, I'm gonna go for the ride verison of the figures if you don't mind. ;)

cstephens
03-24-2004, 11:29 PM
They are based on the HM Movie, not the ride.

What are you basing that on? I think you're mistaken.

Someone on another Disney board said the Mariner is from the WDW version of Mansion. I've only been on it once, so I don't remember.

AVP
03-24-2004, 11:34 PM
The figures are based on the attraction, specifically the WDW version. (Although they are co-branded and sold at Disneyland)

The Mariner is from the WDW version of the ride. The remaining 5 characters are present in both the DLR and WDW versions.

According to a CM friend, there is supposedly a second series of these toys being planned, with more characters from the Mansion.

AVP

CaliforniaCrazy
03-24-2004, 11:44 PM
Cool. I hope they make the Singing Busts, the Duelists and the Mummy and the old guy that can't hear that well. They can also make Madame Leota. Not Jennifer Tilly though, that would suck. ;)

Tigertail777
03-24-2004, 11:45 PM
To be more specific, the Mariner is one of the sinister 11 following eyes portraits at the WDW Haunted Mansion. He is also in the Clue game based on HM. I think they have him so prominent because originally before they decided to do a "Haunted Atmosphere" type ride, as opposed to an actual storyline, the Mariner (or sea captain) played a pretty important central role. Thats a little what our haunted ship changing portrait is based on.
Perhaps if these catch on enough, they will do some of the Disneyland only things in toy form, just as they did with the playset. I am hoping they eventually come out with pirates figures like this as well. ;)

03-25-2004, 07:11 AM
So how will you display your HM figures? (This could get really cool)