PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou ?

rentayenta
03-23-2004, 05:03 PM
We are finally going to eat at the Blue Bayou. Do they charge to share an entree? From what I have read the portions are big and I'm not a fan of throwing food away. Is there a link to the menu or does anyone have specific details? Thank you.

kwlundy
03-24-2004, 09:27 AM
rentayenta, whenever my wife and I go, we always try to stop at the Blue Bayou for lunch to get their Monte Cristo (I've never found a better one anywhere!). Anwyays, whenever we order it, we always say that we are going to be splitting it, and they always bring it out with two plates, with no problem. They have never charged us extra for it...in fact, I think they're used to it.

Pirate Girl
03-24-2004, 09:30 AM
They always bring it out with two plates, with no problem. They have never charged us extra for it...in fact, I think they're used to it.

Ditto, we always split food (as there is always enough to share) and I've never had a host/hostess blink about it. Just be sure to leave a good tip!

keschy
03-24-2004, 10:30 AM
My husband and I go there and split meals with no extra charge. We ask for an extra plate and they don't seem to mind doing that. I found this link to the menu, it's from a page here on Mousplanet:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/drrnos.htm

slaght4
03-24-2004, 10:51 AM
ok, let me start by apologizing for asking a stupid question. But here goes...what exactly is a Monte Cristo Sandwhich. I read so much about them, and they seem to be very popular.

davebert4
03-24-2004, 11:23 AM
"But here goes...what exactly is a Monte Cristo Sandwhich"

Think of a powdered sugar doughnut filled with ham and cheese.

cstephens
03-24-2004, 11:49 AM
ok, let me start by apologizing for asking a stupid question. But here goes...what exactly is a Monte Cristo Sandwhich. I read so much about them, and they seem to be very popular.

Here's a recipe link (http://recipecircus.com/recipes/philocrates/ResturantsNOTCopycat/Monte_Cristo_Sandwich_Blue_Bayou.html) that you might find informative. Here's a short description (http://pork.allrecipes.com/az/MntCristSndwich.asp) as well.

Never had one myself. Doesn't appeal to me.

Bill Catherall
03-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Share a Monte Cristo? Good heavens! That's crazy talk.

;)

CarlieB
03-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Share a Monte Cristo? Good heavens! That's crazy talk.

That's what I thought...until I ate a whole one myself:eek:

Never again....

slaght4
03-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Thank you all soo much for the info. It sounds like something the hubby might enjoy. Gives me a reason to talk him into a lunch at the Blue Bayou ;)

Terri
03-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Matter-o-fact...we're having lunch there on Thursday! I'm splitting a Monte Cristo with my 10 year old...he's never had before and it will be quite a treat! My mom and I always had one there whenever we could. Now that she's passed away, my son and I will carry on the tradition. Here's to a long life and the BEST MONTE CRISTO ANYWHERE! :D

robsmustang
03-25-2004, 10:45 AM
i must eat at the blue bayou next time i am at the park! i say that every time and never end up doing it, so this time i will make reservations. how long before i leave on my vacation should i make the reservations? and can you ask for a table next to the water or is it just where ever they put you?

DuffMan
03-25-2004, 11:20 AM
I should point out that finding a halfway decent Monte Cristo, let alone a delicious one, is increasingly difficult ANYwhere.

Most places forget the powdered sugar. I mean, what the **** is that? :mad:

NirvanaMan
03-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Mmmm blue bayou Monte Cristo...mmm

A monte cristo that is then deep fried....brilliant idea. And sooooo good. I ususally go with someone and one of us gets the sammich, the other another dish and we share. 1/2 monte cristo is enough deep fried goodness..and a whole one would be too much.

slaght4
03-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Does anyone have an updated menu? All that I can find are at least a year old.