PDA

View Full Version : Best place to see fireworks

Zigen
03-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Just wanted your opinions to where the best place to see the fireworks are. Ill be at DLR for the 1st week of april, so it will most likely be a busy week. I have a 7yr old and a 2.5 yr old.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you.

disneydoug
03-23-2004, 10:54 AM
My favorite spot is in between the Fantasyland Theatre and Small World. The fireworks are right in front of you, but you do miss the castle effects (few).

Quinten27
03-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Last time I was there, we timed it just right (by luck), that when we exited Small World, we were standing right in the middle of the crowd waiting to see the fireworks. We stayed right there and watched the fireworks from right by the small world exit, it was the best view I've ever had, though the crowds afterwards were VERY heavy!

tod
03-23-2004, 01:38 PM
If you think of The Plaza as a clock face, with the Castle at 12 o'clock, 10 o'clock is a good place.

Around "it's a small world" the show is good, but after the show is over it's awful trying to get out. Factor that in.

--t

Disneyfreak
03-23-2004, 03:52 PM
None of you are right. The best spot is on the balcony of innoventions. All you need to do is enter innoventions and go out to the exit on the second floor, then go to your right and facing the submarine voyage you get the best view in the park. The best part is not many people know about this spot so you will most likely have this to yourself except for a few other people. In this spot you will also hear the music perfectly. :)

Quinten27
03-23-2004, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=Disneyfreak]None of you are right. [QUOTE]

Hey now! I'd say Tod and I were both right, the crowds after watching by IASW are HORRIBLE!!!!! :D

Thanks for the tip Zigden, I'll be sure to try that out next time I'm there. Seems easy enough to hop onto the Monorail and head back to the hotel from there too!

Another good "Viewing" place is from DTD, right after Rain Forest Cafe, there is a little clearing that you can watch the fireworks from, but it's a bit hard to hear the music from there.........

Disneyfreak
03-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Well I have tried all of your spots and the one I chose is the best one. So technically I am right. :)

Quinten27
03-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Well I have tried all of your spots and the one I chose is the best one. So technically I am right. :)

Oh sure, if you want to be technical, then yeah, I guess there is a chance you might be right....... :D

rentayenta
03-23-2004, 04:07 PM
We'll be there Friday :fez: :fez: :fez: :fez: :fez: :fez:

I am all over the innovations idea. Thank you!

rentayenta
03-23-2004, 04:08 PM
innoventions ;)

Quinten27
03-23-2004, 04:13 PM
We'll be there Friday :fez: :fez: :fez: :fez: :fez: :fez:

I am all over the innovations idea. Thank you!

30 more Fridays, and I'm there..........and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Disneyfreak
03-23-2004, 04:20 PM
LOL I was just about to post that they wont have fireworks this friday. But the one one on April 2nd will be an awesome day to go to Disneyland. They have Indy open that day for the first day too! The only thing under refurb for that day is Space Mountain. :)

Moonliner
03-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Has anyone watched the Fireworks from the Fantasmic balcony/dessert location? Should we stay there after the 9:00pm Fantasmic and watch or beat feet over to the Innovations Balcony??

rentayenta
03-23-2004, 05:22 PM
I have read that the balcony is awesome. I would stay there since you already pay big bucks for dessert.

Disneyfreak
03-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Well since you paid for that seat I would stay there. Im talking free areas. But I think the view is about the same from the balcony and the innoventions balcony. But the good part is that the innoventions balcony is free. The only thing it is missing are the seats and deserts. :)

kijay
03-23-2004, 08:02 PM
We watched the fireworks from the balcony seats in 2001. It was nice, and I would recommend you stay there. The area in front of the Gallery is packed with people exiting the Fantasmic show, so I would recommend just staying put. You get a good view of the fireworks, you don't have to fight the mobs of people, and of course, you can eat more cheesecake :D What more could one ask for?

Zigen
03-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Thanks all! I think for my situation the innoventions would be perfect. Ill let the kids play video games till a few minutes before the show, then walk out to the balcony and watch the fire works. I never would have thought of that, thanks Disneyfreak.

hefferdude
03-24-2004, 12:26 PM
We had dinner at Ralph Brennen's Jazz Kitchen, seated on the front of the balcony to the left. We had just finished dinner and the fireworks started. It was a great view ( particularly after 2 French 76ers ). Also, next table was having the Bananas Foster flambe'd up at the same time. :fez:

Not Afraid
03-24-2004, 06:14 PM
How did I get to this thread so late? It's CHAOS! ;)

Best overall place: To the left of the castle anywhere between the rope and the hub.

Best overall place #2: Next to Small World Gift Shop left side (it's LOUD). Take the secret sauce way by the photo booth to exit

Best overall place #3: ROA, in front on the middle light tower.

Best place that costs money: Fantasmic Balcony after the 1st Fantasmic (the 2nd show lets in after FWs)

Best place that costs under $10: Minnie level of the Parking Garage (BYOM - bring your own music)

Best place for free: From the bridge over the freeway at Harbor & Ball (BYOM)

Best kept secret: Monorail. (BYOM)

Other fun: Catal, upstairs, balcony. If only I was Grace Kelly.

PS. I HATE Innoventions. If you want to see Believe with GBBT playing on a short loop, it's fine. It's especially nice when the Observatron starts going too. :rolleyes:

Kevy Baby
03-24-2004, 08:29 PM
No one has mentioned my favorite place: in the middle of Main Street between the Main Street Photo Supply and Coke Corner, but about 20 feet towards the Hub. You will be standing between two speaker columns for a good stereo effect(I like sound), and you'll have a good view of the Fireworks and the Castle.

Another good spot is in the courtyard outside the train station (at the end of Main Street). Throws Main Street into the visual mix and gets you close to the exit for a quick getaway. Not for me, but I know several people like it.

And I agree with NA: Innoventions bad for viewing (well and other things, but this thread is about the Fireworks). That and you can't hear the music very good.

Disneyfreak
03-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Well I was there on New Years Eve and it was an excellent view with good sound. The observatron doesnt go during the fireworks because of the music.