PDA

View Full Version : Pools at the GCH

CarlieB
03-22-2004, 01:17 PM
I'd love to hear what the pools at the GCH are like. I know there's a larger one with a waterslide, and a smaller lap pool, but I'd like some more specific details from anyone who's stayed at the GCH if possible. Are both pools a decent size? And how many hot tubs are there? Any other details would be great, too:)

tjrj
03-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Well, it's been a couple of years since we visited the GCH but here's what I remember: Overall-disappointment with the GCH pool area. Not because it's not adequate but because it's nothing compared to the awesome re-do of the Neverland Pool area at the DLH.

The "big pool" does have the waterslide and the lap pool is a second pool vs. simply the one pool at the DLH which is a plus but there's virtually no theme whatsoever. I think there's 2 hot tubs-and maybe even a third but can't say for sure. But the two hot tubs are smaller than the single hot tub at DLH. I want to say comfortably seat 10 each but numbers and sizes aren't my thing. On the plus side, there's a good size seating wise. Chairs, and lounges and tables. And nice, fluffy pool towels.

DopeyWife
03-22-2004, 03:50 PM
I was just wondering, if you were staying at the onsite hotels, are you allowed to use the pools of the other hotels, or only the one that you're staying at?

sleepyjeff
03-22-2004, 06:47 PM
The pools are pretty nice. Not as good as the Neverland pool(theme wise) but nicer than most hotel pools. I think there is 3 Whrilpools. The life guards are great. They keep order without being annoying(if you ever been to a municipal pool u know what I mean)......and best of all, they helped my son out of the pool when he panicked after coming down the slide and losing his footing.....he was ok, and went down it again with no problems 10 minutes later :)

From what I understand:

If you are staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel you can use the pools at the Disneyland Hotel and vice versa. The Grand Californian is only available to the other Resort Guests(and vice versa) when their pool area is closed for annual cleaning.

BTMichael
03-22-2004, 07:46 PM
I was just wondering, if you were staying at the onsite hotels, are you allowed to use the pools of the other hotels, or only the one that you're staying at?
From our visit last August, only GCH guests are allowed to use the GCH pools, which requires a GCH room key to entire the pool area. It is possible to tailgate behind someone else and enter the pool area, as no one is really watching who comes and goes at the gates (although I can't speak for the security from the other areas of the GCH).

Kevy Baby
03-22-2004, 10:32 PM
I know they got water in 'em