PDA

View Full Version : Single Rider at Splash, you now need a pass

Darkbeer
03-22-2004, 01:34 AM
Well, today we decided to take advantage of the Single Rider option at Splash Mountain, while at the beginning of the option, they required tha pass, they discontinued it months ago, you just walked up to the exit queue...

Well, today, we enter the queue, and get to the front, the CM asked if we were Single Riders, we said yes... then she asked for our pass.... :eek:

Well, we got out of line, went to the FastPass Entrance (the Barn), and asked the CM there, and she was nice and gave us three... then we went back to the line, and got on the ride...

So let this be notice to all of you, stop by the barn, and pick up a Single Rider Pass before heading to the exit queue area.... :)

OH, FYI, they have stopped using both the Muppets and Tough to be a Bug FastPass machines, they were both closed all day today. The Machines are still there, but there is a "FastPass Distribution Closed" sign in front of each of the two sets of machines.... No big deal, since there was no real need for the FP's...

CoasterMatt
03-22-2004, 06:00 AM
They've been using the single rider pass for awhile now at Splash.

BTMichael
03-22-2004, 07:53 PM
So let this be notice to all of you, stop by the barn, and pick up a Single Rider Pass before heading to the exit queue area.... :)
Thanks for the heads up. My wife, daughter and I usually go to DL once a year, in the summer (late July, early August) for 5-6 days. They typically get out of the afternoon heat each day (both sunburn somewhat easy), so that leaves me as a "single" for 2-3 hours each afternoon. While I prefer going on the rides with my family, the combination of "extra" fastpasses and single rider options makes for a whirlwind of an afternoon! :)

Tom.Arthur
03-25-2004, 09:01 AM
That’s kind of odd about the passes because I went on three times this weekend and was not given a pass each time for some reason :confused: - I guess it depends on who is running the attraction at the time

BTW, when I was visiting Sorin' they had run out of passes and all the single riders had to wait for ten minutes while a cast member went down to the loading area to get more passes...they had them inside where they collect the Fast Pass tickets but would not let us enter.

I'm not sure if it’s policy or just what individual managers choose to do with those papers.