PDA

View Full Version : On-Site Hotel Minimum Age?

iAmJacksDLand
03-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Some friends and I are planning a short graduation jaunt to the resort in June. We are looking to book a room onsite, and when splitting the cost among four of us in a room, the Grand Californian becomes reasonable.

Can we still reserve a room if we are all 18 years or older? (However, not one of us is over 21.)

sleepyjeff
03-21-2004, 08:51 AM
Well, you have to be only 18 to use the WDW travel booking engine.....so I would assume your golden.

Side note: What the heck is going on with the Disneyland booking engine(it has been down for weeks).

:)

julgraham
03-21-2004, 08:51 AM
18 is the minimum age to rent a room at the Grand Californian.

iAmJacksDLand
03-21-2004, 11:04 AM
I would assume your golden.

This is going to be exciting, staying at the GCH!

As a side question, when you call the reservation line, how do you reserve a room and pay down your deposit without a credit card? Does anyone know?

justagrrl
03-21-2004, 05:10 PM
This is going to be exciting, staying at the GCH!

As a side question, when you call the reservation line, how do you reserve a room and pay down your deposit without a credit card? Does anyone know?

Many hotels require a credit card to stay there - to charge your other hotel charges too - and, I assume, to persuade you not to damage the place.

I would call ahead and ask them if they require a credit card or if they'll take a cash deposit instead, or something. Maybe a parent can book the room? (although you'll still need the card and card holder there when checking in.)

We were able book a room in Vegas without a credit card but it wasn't easy... and they looked at us suspiciously the whole time. (We were always of the notion that it was better to just pay things in cash but by doing that, we failed to even have a credit record.)

If you have a job, maybe you can apply and get a credit card by then?

iAmJacksDLand
03-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Thanks for all your help! I'm not worried about the ressie, because what about the people (the few I'm sure) that don't have credit cards just because of the hassle or interest rates.

Again, I appreciate it.

Irish Badger
03-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Have an idea for you on the credit card thing. My son is graduatiing this year and his prom is by disneyland. He wants to get a room at the dland hotel for that night. Well, last year before he went camping in San Diego for spring break I set him up with a saving/checking account with partners bank (dland credit union) With the checking account you get a mastercard/check card. When you use this card it comes directly out of your checking account. Many banks have this program. You use it like a credit card but there is no annual fee and no intrest since the money is already in your account. Everyone who accepts Mastercard accepts these cards (some banks use visa). Put all the money you were going to use for this trip in the account and book your room. He has done real well with this and now has his paychecks from his new job deposited automaticaly into his account (DLAND Autotopia). He even managed his money with no problem when he was in Hawaii earlier this year for an early graduation gift from Grandpa. Hope this helps :)

mandi2728
03-22-2004, 07:06 PM
the debit with visa/mastercard logo is probably your best bet hope you have fun

leota's necklace
03-23-2004, 09:49 AM
I have to agree about debit cards -- I'm 33 and didn't get an actual credit card until last year. I was able to reserve rooms for years with my debit card with no problem.

Do be aware, however, that some hotels will go ahead and charge the debit card for the room (before you arrive), rather than just using the number to hold the reservation. If you go this route be sure to ask the hotel's policy.

Elly
03-23-2004, 06:34 PM
As long as you're asking, you might also make sure they don't put any type of "hold" on funds beyond that of the actual room cost. I have heard horror stories of hotels (and other businesses) putting holds on funds through debit or credit cards in case the customer incurs other costs (such as room service or phone calls). That could leave you stranded with no money! :eek:

nightdesigns
03-25-2004, 01:58 PM
I find that most hotels put a hold of $200 on the card! Make sure you have plenty of funds available.