PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dessert Package

kittycat
03-21-2004, 05:27 AM
Does anyone know (or know where I could find) details on the dessert package offered for preferred seating at Fantasmic? I've found some older information on it, but I need more up-to-date information. I will be calling DL, too, but also wanted to hear any recent visitors' reveiws.

Thanks!

Moonliner
03-21-2004, 10:22 AM
You will have to wait until the middle of next month for my trip report on this, you get some good info on it from:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/ky010510.htm

kijay
03-21-2004, 12:44 PM
We did this in 2001 and it was incredible. It is worth every cent that you pay for it. The food was great, the view was incredible. We signed up for the show at the customer relations window (can't remember the exact name) that is outside the Dland park in the esplanade. I understand now you can make reservations up to 30 days in advance, so I would recommend you to call ahead. I simply can't recommend this experience enough. We went to the early show, and also got to stay through the fireworks afterward. It is nice to have a comfortable seat in an uncrowded setting, compared to sitting crammed in like sardines on the concrete (and as a large person, that is excrutiatingly painful). Plus did I mention the cheesecakes? And cookies? The video I made from the balcony is my absolute favorite vacation video and gets watched several times a month. You will not regret doing this.:D

Brian Noble
03-21-2004, 04:22 PM
We got the riverside seats on our trip. The price is nearly the same ($47 adults/$37 kids), but now includes a buffet that is apparently comparable to that on the balcony. The view isn't quite as nice, but you are closer to the action. The riverside seats are not-uncomfortable chairs, with plenty of room. You are on a section that is a bit elevated above the walkway below (which is kept clear of loiterers) so the view is largely unobstructed, modulo a light pole or two. As an added advantage, they don't sell out nearly as fast as the balcony.

I would have liked to try the balcony (which *was* sold out when we called) but the riverside was also worth every penny given we had two small children who aren't fond of sitting on concrete waiting an hour for a show to start, and wouldn't be able to see over everyone else if they weren't up a bit above the fray.

Edit: this was late Feb, 2004.

Disneygirl65
03-21-2004, 06:48 PM
We bought tickets to the river-view seats in December of this last year. I have to tell you it was a big high-lite of our trip!!! A cast member by the name of Jeremy was working that night and he made us feel like Rock Stars!!!! The food was great ( a buffet ) and members took your orders for drinks and brought them to us..and they were all so nice. Jeremy really made the event though, I have to tell you I'm sure I would have enjoyed it anyway but he made us feel so special....it was amazing. I just loved the fact that I had a seat and did not have to wait for hours for a good one. Jeremy pulled our seats a little away from all the others in the group and that was cool. Long story.....i'm sorry .....but if you have the money.......it's worth it...if money is a issue no I would not do it.... everyone see's the same show...... but if you do.....you know what I mean....you won't be upset you spent it.....

drailz
03-22-2004, 01:21 PM
We were just at the Fantasmic balcony show on March 12th. It was our families first visit to DL and we sure were happy we ordered tickets for the show. It was by far the best place to see the show with two little ones. My kids had grins from ear to ear watching the show (the great deserts helped as well). I ordered the ticket from the dine online number (714)-781-3463. You may order your tickets up to thirty days in advance.