PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise Refurbishment?

Jon Vincible
10-16-2001, 08:36 PM
Hi there everyone. I was "planning my Disney days" over at disneyland.com and it says the Jungle cruise will be closed the week of December 10th. Now, i went two years ago and the schedule thingy said Peter Pan would be closed, but it was open when i got there... All i'm asking is if anyone knows whether or not it's a major refurbishment? (Like it says the Country Bear Playhouse will be closed, i KNOW this is true.) Or is there a possibility it will be open? This is second favorite ride in Adventureland (heh 2 of 2, :)) and i'de hate for it to be closed. Thanks to anyone in advance who can help.

tabacco
10-16-2001, 10:25 PM
I was surpised it was closed that close to the Christmas rush. Jungle Cruise Holiday, anyone? ;)

Jon Vincible
10-17-2001, 03:57 PM
Heh, i don't think so but that would be funny, snow on the trees, frozen parts of the river...maybe someday! Anways, i'll revive this post a little closer to Christmas, maybe then someone will know.

10-17-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
I Jungle Cruise Holiday, anyone? ;)

I was laughing so hard at that, my beagle started to bark!

A Holiday re-do of Jungle Cruise - well, I hope they'd put those natives in little Norwegian ski sweaters and polartec hats, anyway. :)

Morrigoon
10-17-2001, 04:57 PM
Well, maybe they're saving the JC holiday redo for St. Patrick's Day ;)

tabacco
10-18-2001, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by 3894
A Holiday re-do of Jungle Cruise - well, I hope they'd put those natives in little Norwegian ski sweaters and polartec hats, anyway. :)

And don't forget Trader Santa :)

Disney Princess
10-18-2001, 08:47 AM
And the dancing natives could sing "Deck the Halls" while the attacking natives yell out words of good cheer to all passersby....':D'

Disney Princess

DisneylandKid
10-18-2001, 05:33 PM
In all seriousness, though, does anyone know if anything major will be redone on Jungle Cruise? I doubt it, but was just curious.

mrfantasmic
10-18-2001, 09:31 PM
You mean for the holidays or for the future period?
Good question...

Disney Princess
10-19-2001, 01:41 PM
Well, over the summer there were a few minor improvements:

Fourth baboon on the rocks (with baby) came back, brand-new

Old charging hippo on left of boat was taken out (His paint job was looking pretty bad, as jungle water's not the best thing to be submerged in 24-7, if you get my drift...)

Three new regular hippos were brought in--two mid-sized and one baby

Other than that--

Nothing major that I know of, though I'm not in CA right now, so I guess that would make a difference in my current knowledge level, wouldn't it? :)

Last I heard, there WAS some stuff that was in the works--I thought there was something about new elephants, but I don't quite remember.

But if Jungle's going down for rehab, they're probably not just going to let it sit there for a week or two--they'll be busy. Expect some new (or newly painted) animals (maybe they'll put the other cobra back in if they haven't already), and watch over by Indy to see if they drain the river/ clean it out.

That's all that I know, other than Al's bit about the 50th plans/ideas in the works. Though I really like those ideas--JC could use a boost...

Disney Princess