PDA

View Full Version : Pin Trading Newbie

Ace
10-16-2001, 08:25 PM
Hey, I hear about you guys talking about trading pins all the time, but I have not a clue what you're talking about. I=Idiot, I know, but could someone explain this to me please??

Matterhorn Fan
10-17-2001, 05:22 AM
Squinky:

No doubt you have noticed all the pins being sold in the parks (and lately, in the Disney Stores each Saturday). Many people collect pins. Many Cast Members wear pin lanyards (a black strap around thier neck) with pins that are for trade. A guest can trade their pin for any one on the CM's lanyard (Adrienne has an article about what's tradable at DLR and what's not). Also, some guests bring thier pin books full of stuff and trade with each other. They can usually be found in the area next to Showcase, which is affectionately known as the "pit."

Is this what you wanted to know?

Nigel2
10-17-2001, 09:33 PM
GRRRRR Trying to hold back rant From what I have seen its very addicting and expensive. Why not try drugs? Its more fun. Now I am not advocating anything so there leagal department.:D

Morrigoon
10-17-2001, 10:55 PM
That great SUCKING sound you hear....

Okay I admit it.... I traded for the first time my last trip. I traded a farewell subs button for a Pete's Dragon pin.

(hides head in embarrassment)

10-18-2001, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
That great SUCKING sound you hear....

Okay I admit it.... I traded for the first time my last trip. I traded a farewell subs button for a Pete's Dragon pin.

(hides head in embarrassment)

YOU DID WHAT!?! Oh, Morrigoon, not the subs (R.I.P.).

Nigel2
10-18-2001, 11:08 PM
If you want a cheap tradeable collection fast get on millionare play it and get in the hot seat, the basically give you all the junk you will need to trade, but with their(the trading rules) I don't know if you would be allowed to trade those pins.