PDA

View Full Version : 2nd-12th April Any info welcome

nyck
03-20-2004, 12:04 AM
We are coming over from England and going to Vegas for 3 days to get married then back to Anaheim for 10 days 2nd - 12 April.
6x adults 2x Children (6 and 3)
We've bought 5 day hopper .
1)Whats the crowds like
2)Places to eat on and off site
3)weather
4)Other places to visit or avoid

We haven't got a car so it would be by local transport

nyck

Icy Bacon
03-20-2004, 10:13 AM
I don't really know about the crowds at all, hopefully they'll be light since I'll be there sometime around then. ;) Probably not horrendously heavy but a lot of people have spring break around that time.

Don't really know about places to eat, but if you eat at any place Disney it'll be expensive. There's many a Denny's in the area though, and they're very gentle on the wallet.

Weather... I suppose there could be April showers to bring May flowers, but it's southern California, so it should be much warmer than jolly olde England!

As for other attractions, Knott's is nice but not really worth it in my opinion unless people like roller coasters, and the Queen Mary is really, really underwhelming and not worth the price. You can only really go through a tiny part of the ship, and it's mostly either empty rooms or a few small exhibits with all the neat stuff like the engine room unavailable. There's some walk-through spooky attraction in part of the ship, but I don't really know anything about it.

Have a great trip! :)

kijay
03-20-2004, 10:38 AM
I always recommend people to try the balcony seating at Fantasmic. It is pricey (It was $40 a head, no child discount, when we did it in 2001), but it is worth every penny. Talk about a memory. The desert buffet is delicious (I can still taste the cheesecake). Not to mention the perfect view of the show without having to sit on the concrete and put up with the crowds of people. When we went, we did the early show, and was allowed to stay on the balcony through the fireworks, which was very nice. (Two shows for the price of one). The CM's were very friendly and the whole experience was wonderful. I videotaped the shows and it is by far our favorite video of our trip that we watch over and over again. :D

EandCDad
03-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Congratulations on getting married. Crowds will be better on the weekdays, but it will still be pretty crowded, regardless, it's a school break season here and Disney has been running some 2 for 1 specials for locals.

For the kids

1. Get there early: At least one weekday you should make an effort to do as much of the Fantasyland stuff as you can. Get to the park before the published opening time. They usually open the gates 30 minutes before the opening time and let you onto Main Street, then they open the whole park at the published opening time. Walk straight into Fantasyland first (which is basically straight ahead) and ride Peter Pan and Dumbo first. After that, this is a decent riding order: Mr. Toad, Teacups, Alice, Storybook Boat, Casey Jr., Carousel, Pinocchio, and Snow White. Just make sure and do Peter Pan and Dumbo first. This will save you hours of waiting in line if you arrive later or do other areas of the park first.

2. At Disneyland, my kids like the following rides/attractions:
All of Fantasyland (except Matterhorn)
The Snow White Show
Fantasmic
Pirates of the Carribean
Jungle Cruise
Aladdin and Jasmine Storytelling
Princess Storytelling in the Castle Toy Shop (check for times)
Tarzan's Tree House
Autopia
Goofy's Bounce House (the 6 year old will like this, 3 might be too young)
Gadget's Go Coaster (beware long lines, it's a slow loader)
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (not sure why, but they do)
it's a small world
Parade of Stars

3. At Disney's California Adventure, my kids like:
The Aladdin Show
Animation Building
Muppets 3-D
Soarin (DO NOT MISS)
Flick's Fun Faire (4 carnival type kiddie rides)
Triton's Carousel
Golden Zephyr (it's actually Silver)
Redwood Challenge Trail (don't bother with the Brother Bear show, unless your kids love the characters).
the Electrical Parade

Weather
It's hard to get an accurate forecast this far out but I'd be prepared for warm days and cool nights, so dress in layers. Shorts and a t-shirt are usually fine from 10am to 4pm but you'll need a sweatshirt and/or long pants at night. Obviously, it might rain some, but you guys should be prepared for that. I bought my first real rain jacket when I went to your home country in 2002.

That's Good Eatin'
Hungry Bear (Disneyland) - ok, the food isn't great (burgers and stuff) but if you eat out on the deck, it's very nice and relaxing.

Pizza Port (Disneyland)- the food isn't stellar but some of the pasta dishes are pretty good, good stuff for kids, the atmosphere is noisy, though.

Whitewater Snacks (Grand California Hotel) - this is an easy walk from Disneyland and very close to side entrance to California Adventure. Burgers, Pizza, Sandwiches and so forth. Good food, relaxing, counter service.

Other's can help more with the food places.