PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland & DCA 3/24-29

Terri
03-19-2004, 04:34 PM
We'll be back in the parks on 3/24-29 (I think we're doing LegoLand on 3/28...) and I was hoping it wouldn't be so crowded. I grew up down there (1959-1989) before moving to Alaska and try to get back there every year. This year we're doing the trip around my son's spring break. I thought spring break in OC was during April? Why has it been so crowded this past weekend? Maybe conventions? Does anyone know when the cheerleaders are swooping down on the parks?

I hear Indiana Jones and Space Mountain are closed for refub right now...anything else I should know?

Hoping for a rainy day in there...but would also like some pool time :p

Here's to a fun time at my homecoming!

adriennek
03-19-2004, 04:49 PM
From the MousePlanet DL update, Feb 16 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr040216.htm):

The United Spirit Association is holding several Nationals events at the Disneyland Resort. The competitions are scheduled for the weekends of February 21 to 22, March 19 to 21, March 26 to 28 and April 9 to 10.

March 28 will be MousePlanet's Spring MouseAdventure event (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/).

Spring Breaks happen all sorts of different weeks beginning in March through April. There's a higher concentration in April but it's really impossible to say when they are for everyone. And like you, many people out of state have spring break earlier and plan their vacations earlier than April. So there would be a higher chance of tourists visiting the parks, not just locals. I had relatives in town from out of state this week, for example.

Adrienne

rentayenta
03-20-2004, 05:25 AM
We are going at the same time. There is a call for rain on Sat and Sun :( I'm not too happy about it though.

Courtney Anne
03-21-2004, 10:09 AM
i was there over wed and thur - 3/17 & 3/18

the place was crawling with cheerleaders

plus it was and has been spring break in AZ so that is why we were there...

when i called Guest Relations - they were able to give me more info on stuff like that - so call them

oh, and DL wasn't too bad - crowd wise - it was busy - but not unbearable - and DCA was somewhat empty like

BUT... they did stay open later than scheduled - DCA was supposed to close at 6 and DL at 8 but they stayed open until 8 and 10 !!!! because of the unexpected attendance