PDA

View Full Version : How long should I give Guest Relations...

oohykitten
03-19-2004, 08:29 AM
to make something right? Some of you were great with the feed back on bad character experiences, thank you. Now I ask for more advise, it's been two and a half weeks since I made my complaint. They told me they would send a new autograph book, still have yet to receive it. Am I being unreasonable in thinking I should have it by now? My son has got a memory on him and he waits daily for it to come. I am getting tired of his disapointment from his trip, he had a lot it seems.

justagrrl
03-19-2004, 08:59 AM
I would call them up and ask them when you should expect to receive it. This will give them the opportunity to tell you when, or look into why you don't have it already.

Pafuts
03-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Yes, 2 1/2 weeks is a reasonable amount of time. Explain how your son is anticipating his book.

oohykitten
03-19-2004, 11:36 AM
I did, the guy was a little snotty and told me that Mickey will have it to him in just a few more weeks. UGH! Dude this is getting bothersome :mad:

kijay
03-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Personally, I would be on the phone every single day until you receive the autograph book. You have been remarkably patient for what you went through. And don't just talk to whoever answers the phone, but demand a supervisor. Another key is to keep a log of every date and time, including the name of who you talked to for future reference. I know some might say I'm being pushy or rude, but YOU were the one who paid for that book. YOU paid for your trip there, and it was YOUR child who got upset and now has an unpleasant memory where there should have never been one. I remember reading your post and I was appaled at what happened to you. And if one call a day doesn't seem to help, step it up to two or three calls a day until they get so tired of hearing from you that they take care of your issue. Good luck, and hope it works out for you.

cstephens
03-19-2004, 11:54 AM
While I would agree with asking for a supervisor, I would disagree with demanding and simply just ask. There's no reason to be rude, even if the other person on the line is. And make sure the person you're talking to actually has some control over when the item is sent. There's no point in harassing someone who has absolutely no control over when something is done.

kijay
03-19-2004, 12:00 PM
When I say demand, I am not meaning to be rude (sorry if I implied that). My point is that in most cases, the first line of people who handle the phones have no authority to do anything, and thus you are wasting your time with them. They will give you the standard answers to which they have been trained to recite at rote to you. I would even suggest that you try for the very top, see if you can get Cast Member Matts office number and give him a call. I bet he would be very interested to hear as to how you were treated, and how you've been given the runaround ever since.

oohykitten
03-19-2004, 01:15 PM
You know I might just do that, depending on what happens. I was told they would sent a letter from Stitch and replace the book. Today he said my letter. I hope it's not horrible of me, but if everything that was promised isn't there I am going to be upset. I wish my son were a jerk so I could justify the actions that happened with Disney, but he isn't.

kijay
03-19-2004, 02:57 PM
It doesn't matter if your kid was a jerk or a well behaved angel. What happened to you should have never happened. The first rule of customer service I always applied when I was a restraunt manager was to never let a customer leave unsatisfied. You took whatever action was needed immediately to make your guest happy. Passing the buck the way they did and promise to mail you something in return for you to leave and not cause any more problems is unacceptable. That is a big a problem to me as the original event. No way should you have been allowed to leave unhappy like that. Their should have been an immediate resolution to your situation. Don't let them keep giving you the run-around. After all, YOU are the paying customer that enables them to have a job.

THE REF
03-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Remember there are always two sides to each story. Some people choose to complain about everything.

ChipmunkStar
03-19-2004, 06:26 PM
Ref, I'm assuming you didn't read about the particular incident the OP is speaking of. Check under the "Ever had a bad character?" thread for the story.

oohykitten, it may take a little bit for guest relations to get new items to you as they have to get a new book, I'm assuming they may collect autographs to make up for the ruined ones, and to help out with other complaints that came in the same day as yours and even days before (not necessarily about Stitch, just general complaints). Be patient with them, they'll get to you. :)

oohykitten
03-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Thank you to everyone. When I see my little one get hurt it's hard not to get mad. But at the same time I also doing my best not to get angry with "every castmember, past, present and future" I thought two weeks was enough, but then again I get bogged down at work too. It can happen to even the best. Hope the wait means extra magic...hopefully someday my son will get to see "ChipmunkStar" and see how much fun a meet and greet can be. Right? :D

wendybeth
03-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by THE REF
Remember there are always two sides to each story. Some people choose to complain about everything.

Those kind of people have always existed, but they are by far the minority. I'm still trying to find something in Walt's quotes that says "Always treat the guests well, except if they are chronic complainers...". I don't know- just can't seem to find that one.:|

ChipmunkStar
03-20-2004, 01:00 AM
But of course! ;) Nest time you'll be in town, zap me a PM, and I'll see what I can do for ya :)

derraj25
03-20-2004, 06:23 AM
Being a type A+ personality (and a counselor) this is how I would handle this situation...(take it for what it is worth)

I would call once a day and ask to speak with the same supervisor/manager (you know they are there five days a week and most of the time working the same shift). Build a repitore with this person and "become their friend". If they are unavailable, give them your phone# (at work if allowable) and have them call you. Give it two more weeks. Then at the end of two weeks if the issue is not resolved, show up in person (not sure if this is feasible), or make a trusted friend here on "the planet" (I would personally do it for you but I live in Oregon and my next planned trip is in October). Send them in posing as you and speak with the manager you have built a relationship with. Put them on the spot and make them react. :~D

Just reading your story just burns me up. I understand that "Stitch" was acting in character, but when he saw your child's tears, that should have been his cue to stop what he was doing, and give your child a hug. That would not reverse the damage that was already done, but at least the mental mark on your child would be less severe. Children have very forgiving natures and receiving his new book would most likely "close the book" on this issue.

GOOD LUCK! ;)

stitchlvr
03-20-2004, 08:11 AM
I have not had a lot of experience with guest relations (I've contacted them twice in 20 years), but both experiences were positive. I do remember feeling like I was not going to get a response (it took awhile to get a response), but it was well worth the wait both times. Of course, I did not file a complaint at the park, I wrote letters, and that probably takes longer. My most recent letter was more of a question than a complaint. My daughter often gets upset because when she meets Aurora she is dressed in blue and not in pink (pink is her favorite color). When she was very little (about six years ago) we saw her in pink, but did not wait in line to get a picture (she was about 18 months old). Since then, she has always been in blue. We asked a CM once and I was told that none of the women who played Aurora could fit into the pink dress, but I didn't know if that was true. When my daughter was six, she was particularly upset about this after a visit so I suggested we write a letter. I wasn't sure if I'd get a response or anything more than a form letter, but we got a letter in character explaining as part of the story that Aurora is dressed in blue as a compromise between the fairies-she wears pink in the parades and shows and blue when she meets people. They sent my daughter an autographed picture and said they would see if maybe Aurora could wear pink sometime in the future. We have not had an issue after a visit since. Thank you Guest Relations! Hope your experience turns out as magical!

ChipmunkStar
03-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Quick tip: if you go to Disney World, Flora occasionally wins and Aurora wears her pink dress.

Princess Aurora- Pretty in Pink (http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=8492&password=&sort=1&cat=529&page=1)

stitchlvr
03-21-2004, 07:56 AM
Thanks Chipmunk Star! This may be a reason to save up money for a Disney World Trip. I've avoided it because of money and the overwhelm factor. Disneyland has always been my home. Too bad we couldn't talk the fairies into letting Flora win here!