PDA

View Full Version : Major Mansion Decor Changes!

disneyboy
03-18-2004, 04:38 PM
From a Doombuggies.com trip report

"Inside the Foyer, the chandelier and candleabras are filled with visible bulbs! Small, clear torpedo shaped bulbs that are so easily seen that the ruin the effect of the flickering candles, when did that happen? Didn't the bulbs used to be down under the "wax" of the candles so that you couldn't see them? "

So does this mean they have CLEAR REGULAR looking bulbs in an 18th century Foyer? Do they still flicker? INFO PLEASE!:::eek:

disneyboy
03-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Not only are the bulbs in the Foyer PLAIN WHITE now, i also have been told that the wallpaper in the Foyer has been changed to wallpaper from the MOVIE! AND that the Strech Room wallpaper was chnaged to bright green and tans w/ wide and has major WIDE stripes! How in the HELL did noone know about this earlier!? And is this TRUE? And if it is does anyone have pics? Why must WDI screw w/ this sanctity of this attraction after every NBC rehab! AAAAAGH :mad: :eek:

Not Afraid
03-18-2004, 04:42 PM
The Mansion hasn't been closed for refurb lately and the last time I rode it it was the same. So, I believe your information is incorrect.

Let's at least hope so.:rolleyes:

justagrrl
03-18-2004, 04:42 PM
If it true, it does sound disappointing!

cemeinke
03-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Are we all talking about the same mansion? WDW has one too you know.

disneyboy
03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
DEFITITLY DLs.

Not Afraid, when was the last time u rode? I heard this all happened after the NBC Rehab.

tod
03-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Are we all talking about the same mansion? WDW has one too you know.

And disneyboy is in Orlando...

--t

Ghoulish Delight
03-18-2004, 05:00 PM
I've ridden it since the beginning of the year, after they changed back from the rehab. I did not pay attention to the lightbulbs, but I do know that no wallpaper changes were made.

Not Afraid
03-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by disneyboy
DEFITITLY DLs.

Not Afraid, when was the last time u rode? I heard this all happened after the NBC Rehab.

About 3 weeks ago.

If it happened, we would've known by now. There are too many of us on the board that have "inside" knowledge.

disneyboy
03-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Ah OK Not Afarid. This poster went YESTERDAY and reported this TODAY. Here is the orginal thread on all the changes. I got the wallpaper changed info from a "personalsource"

http://pub115.ezboard.com/fdisneyshauntedmansionfrm0.showMessage?topicID=544 4.topic

Not Afraid
03-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Hmmm. Might have to take a run through the park this weekend.

I don't know WHEN they would've done this.

Disneyfreak
03-18-2004, 05:36 PM
This is sad news. Why is it that these days they cannot recreate things in these unique rides. It seems like they were lazy and didnt want to make bulbs for HM and used regular ones. I mean it is hard to get those kinds of bulbs because I have never seen those kinds. They must be custom made bulbs from the bulb manufacterers. Also why do they have to touch the decor when it was perfectly fine. If they want to redo the ride with the latest technology then get to it. All I ask is that the story and layout be the same as it was. I think they could do do a lot with the elevator. Also I would love it if they would make it scarier.:)

cemeinke
03-18-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure what bulbs we're talking about, but I know a number of mansion bulds are reular bulbs with latern mantels overthem - makes 'em cobwebby & mutted - should be very easy to recreate.

9oldmen
03-18-2004, 05:51 PM
We're lucky they didn't change Madame Leota to Jennifer Tilly.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-18-2004, 05:57 PM
First of all, I think the claim(s) are problematic. The person that posted them at Doombuggies' board admits he "its been a loooooong time since I've visited the HM". I think the observations are the usual "it looks different to me because I haven't seen it in ages."

Inside the Foyer, the chandelier and candleabras are filled with visible bulbs! Small, clear torpedo shaped bulbs that are so easily seen that the ruin the effect of the flickering candles, when did that happen? Didn't the bulbs used to be down under the "wax" of the candles so that you couldn't see them?The answer is no, at least not in the 5 years that I've had my AP. The bulbs that I have always seen in the foyer are small little visible clear bulbs that flicker.

http://www.aaronareed.net/photos/disneyland200308/104_0476.jpg

No worries here. :)

Kevy Baby
03-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Also, right the poster said there was the new wallpaper, the follow-up post from the mod was "I'll go ahead and squash those rumors right now, <name deleted>."

Sounds like someone i just trying to start rumors. I can't believe people would do things like that (insert tongue-in-cheek smilie here).

LegolandMC
03-19-2004, 08:36 AM
The wallpaper in the movie is the same as the wallpaper in the ride....but it's the movie that copied the ride....the ride didn't change. I noticed the same wallpaper when I watched the movie for the first time.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-19-2004, 08:52 AM
So, no one is going to come back and own up to jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst?

I'm headed to the park today anyway - if I see anything different (which I won't) I'll post it here.

sediment
03-19-2004, 08:56 AM
Maybe the changes are a tribute...

disneyboy
03-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Cadaverous Pallor, That link is not working

disneyboy
03-19-2004, 06:31 PM
oh never mind. it is now.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Just to be totally clear....I rode Mansion on Friday, and it was exactly the same.

Don't believe everything you read. :~D

Disneyfreak
03-21-2004, 10:20 PM
I was on it today 3/21 and it was exactly the same. :)

BTMichael
03-22-2004, 08:01 PM
I was on it today 3/21 and it was exactly the same. :)
For atmosphere at DL, my two favorite places are NOS at night (when Fantasmic IS NOT showing) and the Foyer in the HM. Good to hear that the Foyer hasn't changed. :)

Kevy Baby
03-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Maybe the changes are a tribute...Don't go there ;)