PDA

View Full Version : Big Thunder Ranch!

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfreak
03-17-2004, 09:11 PM
What are they doing to that area? Are they adding things to it so the area might actually be of some use to the guests? I would rather they rip the whole thing out and build an E-ticket attraction there. Either that or make it like it was a while back with the Big Thunder BBQ and the petting zoo and stuff like that. That was one of my favorite parts when I was little.:)

cemeinke
03-17-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm predicting a rethemed area based on Home on the Range

Andrew
03-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
I'm predicting a rethemed area based on Home on the Range Themed or not, I'd love to see a petting zoo return to the area. A movie based on farm animals would seem a perfect opportunity.

Darkbeer
03-17-2004, 09:34 PM
The "back" area, where the Festival of Fools show was will return to Private events as soon as the sets are removed.

The Front area will become a petting zoo, scheduled to open April 1st. They are getting a new cow to match up with the "Home of the Range" movie release....

Icy Bacon
03-17-2004, 09:35 PM
In the real long-term, that seems like the only convinient place left for a major E-Ticket, or at least something significant enough to turn the quiet path between lands into a bustling thoroughfare ready to suck up more crowds.

For now, I don't really know anything, but watching Believe from the Festival of Fools place was really darn cool.

Cancer Norm
03-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Pleeeeeeeze bring back the BBQ! Sitting around the campfire at night was really cool!!:cool: And they had some really good eats there!!

Quinten27
03-18-2004, 03:29 PM
To be honest, I would be quite happy if they left most of that area as it is. I like how the path there between Frontier and Fantasy Land is usually a more relaxed area. I'm a smoker, and I loved taking my smoke breaks along that path, when possible, simply because the lack of people and over abundance of trees make it such a perfect spot to kick back and let the kids settle down while I rest my feet. Bringing the Ranch back would be OK, but an E-ticket ride would change the landscape too much for me. But then, that's just my opinion.....

Andrew
03-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Zogs
And they had some really good eats there!! Their cornbread was excellent.

sediment
03-18-2004, 03:40 PM
The chicken and ribs were also quite tasty.
I think some e-ticket rides are needed in places where supposed e-ticket rides once stood (Subs, Rocket Rods) before this is plowed over.
How much Western River Expedition could fit in there (and the bcakstage area beyond the berm)?

Disneyfreak
03-18-2004, 05:58 PM
There is plenty of room back there to do a massive E-ticket. There is probably enough room to build a tot there.:) I personally think a water ride should go there. But I did love Big Thunder BBQ's Barbeque beef sandwich.

CoasterMatt
03-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Build Discovery Bay! ;)

DCACM
03-20-2004, 09:31 AM
The Festival Arena is being modified and will be retained for private functions.
Esmerelda is moving out of her cottage and the pioneers are moving back in. The petting zoo and BBQ are also returning.
So says my gf's brother's gf's niece's best friend's bf who's 2nd cousin's neighbor is a CM.

Disneyfreak
03-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by DCACM
The Festival Arena is being modified and will be retained for private functions.
Esmerelda is moving out of her cottage and the pioneers are moving back in. The petting zoo and BBQ are also returning.
So says my gf's brother's gf's niece's best friend's bf who's 2nd cousin's neighbor is a CM.

YES Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes I prey that your rumor is correct!

Andrew
03-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by DCACM
So says my gf's brother's gf's niece's best friend's bf who's 2nd cousin's neighbor is a CM. Thank you, Simone.

Disneyfreak
03-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Everyone try to email the disneyland resort under contact and request this for the 50th anniversary! The more people that ask that the Big Thunder BBQ and Tehitian Terrace should return the better our chances!

Snappyjo
03-21-2004, 11:45 AM
Big Thunder BBQ was so wonderfully rustic, and such a great place to just get away for a few from the crowds. Let's hope it comes back.

Bruce Bergman
03-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Everyone try to email the disneyland resort under contact and request this for the 50th anniversary! The more people that ask that the Big Thunder BBQ and Tehitian Terrace should return the better our chances!

It's much too late to get either Big Thunder BBQ or Tahitian Terrace back together - Architectural designs and plans drawn, menu plans and recipes designed, provisions decided on and suppliers lined up, buildings modified, tables and chairs, serving and cooking equipment purchased, staff hired and trained, etc... in time for the 50th. :crying: For a big corporation like Disney, one year from corporate decision to grand opening would be about the fastest they could make it happen (if they followed their usual procedures of running every decision through a commitee). :rolleyes:

The only way they could pull it off inside the roughly 9 months they have before the 50th (if someone said "Go!" tomorrow) would be to get a Type AA restaurant person like Rocco Dispirito :cool: - or someone else with a "Can Do!" attitude, a big budget and given a whole lot of authority to make all the decisions fast. Get the facilities modified on a fast track program (Sign a T&M contract with trusted contractors, get it done, and let the budgeteers clean up the mess afterwards), and get all the other big & little stuff done that would be needed to get it open in time. Done right, one could be open and up to full speed by November for this year's Holiday Season.

As it is, half the stuff planned "for the 50th" (Like the rebuilt Space Mountain) won't be ready till Fall... :confused:

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

RickCountryman
03-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Build Discovery Bay! ;)

Absolutely. I can't think of another thing I would rather see there. Except for a really cool place that served ribs and bbq stuff... Wait... Oh well.

Rick :fez:

Disneyfreak
03-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Absolutely. I can't think of another thing I would rather see there. Except for a really cool place that served ribs and bbq stuff... Wait... Oh well.

Rick :fez:

Yeah keep dreaming. It is more likely that the submarine voyage will return then to get a new e-ticket in the big thunder ranch area. :rolleyes:

Darkbeer
03-22-2004, 01:38 AM
Things are moving along, we took a look through the cracks in the fence, the "Chuck Wagons" are gone, as is all the seating area.....

Should be ready on April 1st....

cstephens
03-22-2004, 12:18 PM
We peeked through the slots yesterday and saw a cute little (maybe 7 months?) grey tabby kitty.

Andrew
03-22-2004, 12:38 PM
We peeked through the slots yesterday and saw a cute little (maybe 7 months?) grey tabby kitty.
Every petting zoo needs a kitty.

Quinten27
03-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Every petting zoo needs a kitty.

Speaking of the kitty's, last time I was in DL I saw several "stray" cats around Hungry Bear. Does anyone know what Disney's policy on stray animals in the park is? Are these disney sanctioned cats, or just strays who wondered in and Disney just hasn't chased them out yet? You'd think, just for liability reasons, Disney wouldn't want any strays running around thier park.

Maus
03-22-2004, 02:21 PM
I saw three young cats at Taste Pilot's Grill a couple of months ago. Funny how they seem to hang around the restaurants... :)

Quinten27
03-22-2004, 02:31 PM
I saw three young cats at Taste Pilot's Grill a couple of months ago. Funny how they seem to hang around the restaurants... :)

Maybe they are supposed to be characters from The Aristocats? Out of work and hungry perhaps? :D