PDA

View Full Version : What's There Not to Love - Wait, Don't Answer That. The "Yay for Disneyland!" Thread

Pages : [1] 2

DisneylandKid
10-16-2001, 05:49 PM
OK...after my really long subject title, I think I will explain what this thread is for. I am sick of people complaining about the Disneyland Resort. I know you Padders must love it, so this thread is for GOOD comments only.

Tell us the good things that are happening around the Resort. (new rides, refurbishments, etc. - Disneyland, DCA, DTD, the hotels, everything)

Like, how great the new Autopia and Mr. Lincoln really are---I'm sure it is very hard to improve/update classic attractions such as these!

tabacco
10-16-2001, 05:54 PM
I don't think they could top the perfection that is a Disneyland Churro (unless they were free, that is ;))

mad4mky
10-16-2001, 06:12 PM
I LOVE Disneyland. Period.
I want to move in, and live there everyday. Bad part for me is I would run out of money. I spend more time shopping than on rides!

Even when I say I dislike something...I'm not complaining about it, it just dosn't happen to be my favorite.

All the local people don't realize that us who live further away wish we could go more often. We are coming down in December, our third time this year...and I am buying AP's for the first time ever. And we are excited to do so!:D

DisneyGurly
10-16-2001, 06:55 PM
The new Mr. Lincoln is the best thing ever. You would never think you could learn and have fun at the same time. But this thing is educational and you get the feeling that you are actually there. if anyone hasnt been in there i recommend it greatly. it is very entertaining.

I also love everything else at disneyland because you know it is the happiest place on earth!!!

Lani
10-16-2001, 06:59 PM
Haunted Mansion Holiday!

...actually, I absolutely ADORE the park, no matter what minor complaints I might have. The feeling of warmth and happiness as I walk under the train tracks and start hearing music on Main Street... it's priceless!

Ralph Wiggum
10-16-2001, 07:13 PM
I love that part with the typical USA street, the part with the castle..the part with the kids rides...the part with the future stuff, the part with the toon's town....the part with the island and fort....the part with the mardi gra feel...the part with the woodzie area and the mountain with a water drop..the part with the temple and boat trip..and the part with the mine train, saloon and the gun shooting place

DisneylandBoy
10-16-2001, 07:22 PM
I love the feeling you get when you enter the park. I cannot enter without a smile on my face. I love the smells, the sounds and sights. I love spending the time with my friends and I LOVE visiting all my old friends from childhood . . . the characters and the rides. :)

Cadaverous Pallor
10-16-2001, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
I love that part with the typical USA street, the part with the castle..the part with the kids rides...the part with the future stuff, the part with the toon's town....the part with the island and fort....the part with the mardi gra feel...the part with the woodzie area and the mountain with a water drop..the part with the temple and boat trip..and the part with the mine train, saloon and the gun shooting place
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Ralph/Dave kicks butt!!!

:D :D :D

I couldn't have said it better.

BiggJakeMoney
10-16-2001, 10:57 PM
You know what?

I'm nineteen years old, and regardless of the constant slamming and complaining about the Disneyland Resort by various Disney webpage people, I still have trouble sleeping on the night before I make a trip to Disneyland. I still get that excited, and I'm an AP'er! The Disneyland Resort (DCA included) will always be my favorite, favorite, FAVORITE place in the world, and I look forward to many more trips in the future, even as an old, old man. :)

Still not quite convinced? I plan to ask my girlfriend to marry me in front of the castle one day, not very many years down the road. How's that for patronage (and a little fanatacism)?

-BJM

Ralph Wiggum
10-16-2001, 11:07 PM
Thats soo cool...that's no so unreasonable either. When you do it you best give us details or else (shacking fist)!! ;)

BiggJakeMoney
10-17-2001, 12:09 AM
I'll give you all the gory details, I promise.:D

baileykat
10-17-2001, 04:55 AM
It's because we love this place so much that some complain about the short comings....
There is far too much for me to list...Main Street...Adventureland...NOS....Critter Country...Toontown...Fantasyland...Tomorrowland... Oh wait...I've listed the whole park....we'll there you go!!!!!!!

I even love the lines!!!!!!!!!!1

DisneylandBoy
10-17-2001, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by BiggJakeMoney

Still not quite convinced? I plan to ask my girlfriend to marry me in front of the castle one day, not very many years down the road. How's that for patronage (and a little fanatacism)?

-BJM

I think it woudl be AWESOME to propose in Disneyland! How magical! I might just have to do that, too!

10-17-2001, 09:25 AM
Most of all, I love the Tiki Room. It was the last attraction I went on with my elderly dad three years ago. We both had tears running down our cheeks at the end of the show. We were both recalling the many times we'd been there under happier circumstances with others now gone.

He died of leukemia not long after.

Ghoulish Delight
10-17-2001, 09:37 AM
NOS. I love NOS. Mansion is and will always be my favorite ride in the world. Ironically, I was frightened to go on it until I was like 10 and even then I plugged my ears and closed my eyes in the graveyard because I hated being startled by things popping up. But now I can never get enough of it. I also love food. I'm a food-a-holic, so NOS is a natural favorite for me.

Space Mountain. Talk about a ride that doesn't get enough credit. When that track gets warmed up toward the end of the day and it's at its fastest, what a ride!

Big Thunder, at night. The back, of course, is great, but I've recently granted a reprieve to the front despite being entirely down the drops before the train is released. When you go through the darkest inside areas, you can't see anything and all you can hear is that engine rattling like mad. I feel like the thing is about to shake itself apart. I LOVE that. Makes it really feel out of control.

Alice in Wonderland, the greatest of Fantasyland rides.

innerSpaceman
10-17-2001, 09:43 AM
First of all, thanks for this thread. There is a bit too much emphasis on complaints usually, and I am more guilty of that than most, I suppose.

Ok, one good recent thing - H.M. Holiday is a blast. Love the goofs on Haunted Mansion classics, like pumpkin heads in for singing busts in the graveyard, great new takes on stretching paintings and morphing paintings, etc. Giant Jack Head in the stretch room had me laughing in convulsions. Tiny sillouhette figures of hitchhiking ghosts way in the background of Lock, Stock and Barrel taking over their usual abode was a very sweet touch. For a relatively inexpensive overlay, it is extremely well done. The outside of the Mansion looks great, especially at night (as it should).

Ok, one litte dig (can't help it). Decision to not use any NB4Xmas music was idiotic.

innerSpaceman
10-17-2001, 10:03 AM
Oh, and one more thing. To BiggJakeMoney and DisneylandBoy:

I highly recommend proposal of marriage near Sleeping Beauty Castle. I have done it and it's wonderful. Friends stood guard at both ends of the pathway to Snow White's Wishing Well and I proposed to my girlfriend with a diamond ring I had just bought for the spontaneous occasion at the jewelry store on Main Street.

As it turned out, we both ended up marrying other people. But I am still great friends with this girl decades later and we reminisced about this particular magical moment just the other weekend at the Park after MouseAdventure.

Go to it, Gentlemen. It's a proposal she'll remember fondly forever.

tabacco
10-17-2001, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Big Thunder, at night. The back, of course, is great, but I've recently granted a reprieve to the front despite being entirely down the drops before the train is released. When you go through the darkest inside areas, you can't see anything and all you can hear is that engine rattling like mad. I feel like the thing is about to shake itself apart. I LOVE that. Makes it really feel out of control.

On Big Thunder, try riding in the back and looking behind you the whole way (and I mean the WHOLE way!). Don't actually turn your body, if you can avoid it, just your head since apparently SOP for Thunder says you have to face forward. But they don't seem to care which way you look :)

innerSpaceman
10-17-2001, 11:37 AM
Must agree with Tabacco and reiterate his post. Looking backwards from the rear car of Big Thunder makes it an entirely different and amazing ride. Turns it into a real coaster with effects on your equilibrium. Makes it the wildest ride in Disneyland as well as the wilderness.

BiggJakeMoney
10-17-2001, 01:17 PM
innerSpaceman-

That's so cool! It's extremely romantic, and, come on now, what girl wouldn't want to be proposed to in front of a castle?!?

Pop the question, and off we'll go into Neverland.

-BJM

Cadaverous Pallor
10-17-2001, 03:30 PM
Looking backwards on any coaster works wonders. We used to do this all the time at Six Flags. If you are in the middle of the train and you look back at people you don't even know, it's just as fun! :D

Sorry that's off topic....um....I love Disneyland! :p :p :p

Morrigoon
10-17-2001, 03:46 PM
I love entering the park and walking down main street. I can feel all my stress drain away. By the time I hit the hub, it's all gone, and I'm in "Disneyland mode".

innerSpaceman
10-17-2001, 04:40 PM
I notice that most of the posts about what's good about Disneyland focus on classic things that have endured for decades. When I think of what I like about Disneyland (and there is SO much), older stuff tends to pop out in my mind as well.

But, checking the request of the author (thanks again for this uplifting thread), I wonder what recent things come down on the good side. My last post to this thread was about Nightmare Before Haunted Mansion (or is it Haunted Mansion before Christmas?). Going back before that, I'd have to say that the best thing done was the Grand Californian Hotel. It's beautiful. The interiors are stunning, and the exterior is not visible from inside Disneyland (hooray). It's about time we got our own really nice hotel (Orlando and Paris are chock full of them). The place really puts the old Disneyland Hotel to shame and, as soon as I can afford it, I'm going to stay at the Grand Californian.

Morrigoon
10-17-2001, 04:58 PM
NBC Mansion, before that, Indy (well, I like Pizza Port too, so plug that in there)

Flubber
10-17-2001, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy
I think it woudl be AWESOME to propose in Disneyland! How magical! I might just have to do that, too!

I proposed at Christmas one year next to the big Christmas tree. For a few minutes we didn't just remember the magic, we were the magic! It was awesome. (Sadly she gave me my walking papers a few years later over pizza. That's a story for another board.)

My favorite part of Disneyland is the seating area next to Haunted Mansion. I can sit there drinking coffee and to my right a Dixieland combo plays, behind me a steam engine train rolls by clanging its bell, in front of me a river boat paddles down river past a mill on the opposite river bank, and to my left is a haunted house! That is what Disneyland does right.

For me it's not about rides, restaurants, shops. It's atmosphere.
Flub