PDA

View Full Version : The Next Nighttime Parade (NOT!)

Andrew
03-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Do you ever get the feeling that you've forgotten half of your life, but you don't know for sure because you've forgotten it?

I don't remember this (http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&th=4f1c589332a86783&rnum=1) at all. Not one bit. I don't know who my "source" was, I don't remember what he or she told me, and I don't even remember posting it.

Sure, it was six years ago (to the day) but you'd think I would remember something this momentous.

Does anybody know what I could have been talking about? Was there a new nighttime parade in 2000 and I missed it?

EandCDad
03-17-2004, 07:40 PM
I see you really started a hot bed of discussion with that topic back in 98.

ChipmunkStar
03-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Light Tragic...er... Magic...

Yick. it's gone, and good riddance. It lasted maybe a total of two summers, but far too many people didn't understand that it was not a Parade. It would roll out from the entrance by Small World, stop in the Small World Mall corridor, perform a 20 muinute show with "pixies" and Disney characters in their pajamas (actually, the PJs were adorable, the pixies were just scary), then it was lights out.

The show would then roll in complete dark down the parade route until it got to the main section of Main Street. Mind you, people who didn't know that it wasn't a parade would sit along the standard route expecting a parade. There would be many a confused guest in the area by the Fantasyland "Prince and Princess" retrooms, among other regular viewing areas.

The one neat thing about Light Magic, though, were the fibre optics used in the buildings and light towers on Main Street and at SWM.

Andrew
03-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by ChipmunkStar
Light Tragic...er... Magic...

Yick. it's gone, and good riddance. It lasted maybe a total of two summers, It lasted one summer, of 1997. Thus my spring '98 post where I said "Will NOT be 'Light Magic' in any recognizable form," for whatever was going to happen two years from then. And apparently didn't.

Ghoulish Delight
03-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Hrmmm, twinkling lights going in a parade from the back of the park to the front? Sounds like the nightly parade of light spinner toating babies in stroller from Small World. :D

cstephens
03-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Does anybody know what I could have been talking about?

Early concept for Parade of Stars? I don't recall there being a nighttime parade between Mulan and that. I also don't remember if there were any sort of sparkly things in the earlier versions of the parade.