PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member ID Colors

stitchfan_cm
03-17-2004, 02:30 PM
I am a new castmember, and was interested in what the different colors on the castmember ID cards stand for. All I know is...

Yellow(which I am) is Casual Regular

Red is Casual Temporary

I also noticed green and blue, what do those colors stand for? Are there anyother colors as well? Just curious.

DCAWhites
03-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Congratulations on becoming a Cast Member:D

Green is operating participant, so people like kodak photo takers and people who work in downtown disney shops like wetzels pretzels have them. Everyone who works on property who isn't employed by disney. Blue is salaried managment. So your managers.

DonaldDuck14
03-17-2004, 04:07 PM
and once in awhile u might see some people in TDA with purple ID's. I've been told they are contractors.

DCAWhites
03-17-2004, 04:24 PM
^I always thought that those people just wore the visitor name badges.

Durliin
03-17-2004, 05:22 PM
WDI usualy has Purple Disneyland IDs to go with there regular Company ID

ChipmunkStar
03-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Green- Operating participant

Red- Casual Temporary (CT)

Yellow- Casual Regular, CR-25, A or B status

Blue- Management (including most of TDA)

Purple- Walt Disney Imagineering

If there are contractors on property to build something (for instance, ToT or the Buzz attraction in Tomorrowland), they wear colored "visitor" stickers where a nametag would be.

PhilMP
03-18-2004, 06:56 AM
I have seen upper management, as in Directors and VPs, with a blue ID with a yellow diagonal stripe going through it.

However, I may have just been seeing things.

Phil

ChipmunkStar
03-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Nope, not seeing things.

Cynthis and her goons used to have those blue IDs with an orange stripe... I'm sure Matt and Co. are the new bearers of them.

davebert4
03-18-2004, 01:05 PM
I have seen upper management, as in Directors and VPs, with a blue ID with a yellow diagonal stripe going through it.

The blue with the gold strip is for directors and above
the green is for contractors (ex. US Metro Janitors)
Blue is for any salaried employee
I have yet to see a purple, is everyone sure that its not faded blue? Every WDI employee I saw had a blue badge.

tod
03-18-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by ChipmunkStar
Cynthia and her goons used to have those blue IDs with an orange stripe... I'm sure Matt and Co. are the new bearers of them.

If what I hear about Matt is true, and what Chip says here is true, I'll bet Matt is not carrying one of those cards.

--t

DonaldDuck14
03-18-2004, 05:08 PM
ok faded blue??? Im sure it was purple...it was a deep purple, not lavender.

PhilMP
03-18-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by tod
If what I hear about Matt is true, and what Chip says here is true, I'll bet Matt is not carrying one of those cards.

--t

Nope, his ID has the gold/yellow/orange stripe. Saw it when he came up to a cart I was working at and I didn't recognize him, so I took a peek at his ID.

Phil

ChipmunkStar
03-18-2004, 11:21 PM
I don't think it's so much a choice for Matt whether or not he uses the same style card as Cynthia and goons. It's more of a set ID card color. You don't just come in and say "hey, ya know what? I think I want a pink card with purple polka dots."

You don't decide what card is given to you, it's given by standing within the company.