PDA

View Full Version : Favorite foods...

Pages : [1] 2

Lekta
03-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Is this fanatical? I have been doing this Atkins diet since New Years Day. It has worked great. However, I have been unable to devulge in my inner most desire, mochas. I mean I absolutely love mochas. And, as far as Mochas are concerned, there is none better then the Blue Ribbon Bakery's version. Perhaps, it could be the atmosphere surrounding the mocha. Could be the anticipation of the day/vacation finally taking form. But, to my knowledge, it tastes pretty darn good and is a great way to start out the day.

I have lost a good amount of weight on Atkins and was considering setting a date for me to discontinue this diet and start eating normal/healthy. The date has been set. May 17th as I walk into Disneyland in the morning, I will break my diet by enjoying.... hmm, not just enjoying, but experiencing... the blue ribbon bakeries Mochas. That is the goal I have in mind as I continue with the diet struggle....

Anyone else have a special food/drink they love in Disneyland?

Gemini Cricket
03-16-2004, 08:44 PM
That Monte Cristo sandwich in the Blue Bayou Cafe. It's great.

and

Mickey head Oreo ice cream sandwiches.

Yum.

Also, they're both Atkins approved and contain no fat whatsoever.

:fez:

Caleb the Great
03-16-2004, 09:09 PM
I love the clam chowder that you get at the place by POTC. That is one of my favorite foods in the park,but curros are my real favorite.

Irish Badger
03-16-2004, 09:16 PM
I love the clam chowder in the bread bowl but did you know its even better (the bread bowl) at DCA as that is where the bread is baked for both parks but it doesn't get to DL until the next day.

Also like the catfish at the riverbelle and the mickey mouse shaped strawberry shortcake at the riverbelle :D

disneydreams
03-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Irish Badger
I love the clam chowder in the bread bowl but did you know its even better (the bread bowl) at DCA as that is where the bread is baked for both parks but it doesn't get to DL until the next day.

Agreed. We always go to the Pacific Wharf Café (next to the Boudin Bakery Tour) to get the clam chowder in the sourdough bowl. :) The bread at DL is stale last time I ate there. :|

Lekta
03-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Oh yes, how could I possibly forget to mention the Clam Chowder in the bread bowl. My wife and I are always wishing we had one of those when we sit down and eat.

So, I'll go with the Blue Ribbon Mochas and the clam chowder bread bowls.

rentayenta
03-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Churros!!! It is the first thing the kids and I get when entering Disneyland. We will eat 3 a day.

I love the big pickles too.

I thought everything you eat at DL is fat free ;)

03-17-2004, 02:33 AM
NOS mint julep

Riverbelle Mickey Mouse pancakes

danyoung
03-17-2004, 05:55 AM
The list is LONG (spoken like a true chubby guy!).

Sticky bun on Main Street first thing in the morning.

Pancakes, eggs and sausage sitting outside the Riverbelle Terrace.

Jambalaya at the French Market.

Monte Cristo at the Blue Bayou (and I've tried it at about a dozen places since trying it here - none compare!).

The chicken pasta dish at Redd Rocket's.

The burgers at Taste Pilot's Grill.

Most of these selections are enjoyed as much for the atmosphere as for the food, especially breakfast at the Terrace. It's just so cool to sit and enjoy the California morning sunshine while watching the (sometimes) busy waterway and all the people rushing by for their first attraction of the day.

Boingonut
03-17-2004, 06:44 AM
A hand dipped corndog from the little truck parked at the end of main street :D, best corndog ever!!!

LegolandMC
03-17-2004, 07:17 AM
Monte Cristo = Yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmyyyyyyy........

I also LOVE the fish tacos at Rancho del Zocalo. They are my second favorite meal. *drooling*.....um.....excuse me. ;)

And I love churros! :fez:

ppmuse
03-17-2004, 07:25 AM
Have to say, my list is long too:

**Churros and popcorn, great nighttime snack when it gets cool

**Shortbread cookies from the candy stores

**I'm sorry, still love the Disney Burgers

**My wife loves the Rice Krispy Treats from Hungry Bear

**Steak Nachos by BTM

**Waffle Cones in CA Adventure

Think that's what we usually live on. Can't wait to try the new mexican restaurant.

Photographer
03-17-2004, 07:30 AM
Mint Julip in New Orleans Square

Chocolate frozen bananas from carts

Salad at Taste Pilot's Grill

Chicken and apple salad in Pacific Wharf

now I'm hungry :( and on the other side of the country

CarlieB
03-17-2004, 10:59 AM
* Churros. I'm a churro convert now:D But I never eat them during the day - only ever at night.

* Mickey Mouse waffles at the Carnation Cafe, usually with a Vanilla Latte - breakfast of champions!

*Monte Cristo at the Blue Bayou. Had this for the first time last year - it's amazing. I think next time I'll split it with someone though - it really is filling. The salad with the pecans at the BB is also very good (I swapped it for the pasta salad they usually serve with the Monte Cristo)

Cancer Norm
03-17-2004, 02:29 PM
I love EVERYTHING at The Riverbelle Terrace! My absolute favorite place to eat at DL.......But I'm still looking for a GOOD burger inside the gates of DL!!!!...none to be had.:mad: I would like to find a good, thick Prime Rib at Blue Bayou someday. .....must find meat!! But as far as breakfast food goes, it's the Riverbelle.

CarlieB
03-17-2004, 02:39 PM
Oooh, how could I forget the Grand Gibson sundae at the Gibson Girl Parlour??? But not with Fantasia icecream - that stuff is evil!:eek:

Chemmech
03-17-2004, 03:38 PM
St. Louis ribs at Rancho del Zocalo, oh yeah with a drink and funnel cake with Fantasia ice cream for desert, yuuuumm :).

LSPoorEeyorick
03-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Monte Cristo

Fantasia Ice Cream

Mint Julep

and, to quote my guilty pleasure haiku from the lounge...

haiku for a corn dog:

i secretly bought
my AP for you, sweetest
cholest'rol on stick.

Lekta
03-17-2004, 04:24 PM
I apologize for my ignorance, but, what exactly is a Monte Cristo?

CarlieB
03-17-2004, 04:26 PM
It's a turkey, ham & cheese sandwich, with a type of jam, deepfried. That's right, deepfried (it actually says on the menu that it is"lightly fried", but I refuse to believe it:p ). Yummy:D

Disneyfreak
03-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Most stuff at these places I liked.

1. Big Thunder BBQ (Retired):( Needs to be brought back.
2. Tehitian Terrace (Retired) Needs to be brought back.
3. Blue Bayou
4. Redd Rockets
5. Clam Chowder Bread Bowl at DCA!
6. White Water Snacks.
7. Dole Whip
8. Fritters big sytle. I dont like that they are small now. They also had a rasberry sause too that they dont offer now. They are still good though.
9. Carmel Popcorn at DCA
10. Bangal BBQ.

Irish Badger
03-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Must have Mint Julep!!

CarlieB
03-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Phil reckons the hotdogs at Award Weiners are among the best he's tried. I haven't tried them though.

danyoung
03-18-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by CarlieB
It's a turkey, ham & cheese sandwich, with a type of jam, deepfried. That's right, deepfried (it actually says on the menu that it is"lightly fried", but I refuse to believe it:p ). Yummy:D

Just to add a little to this (and my mouth is watering with the description!), this sandwich is smothered in cheese, and as I recall dusted with powdered sugar. The jam is actually on the side as a dipping sauce. It sounds kinda strange, but for some reason the jam is the perfect topper to this monstrosity. Arrive hungry!!!

03-18-2004, 05:23 AM
Haven't tried this, but here's a copycat recipe for the Monte Cristo. (http://www.recipegoldmine.com/ccB/b87.html)