PDA

View Full Version : Reminders....

Lekta
03-16-2004, 08:32 PM
My wife and my lifes revolve around our next trip to Disneyland. Guess where our honeymoon was? Where are vacation planning always leads to? Where we always end up? Disneyland! No matter what our initial vacation plans were, we always change them to maximize our time in the sacred lands of Disney.

With that in mind, there have many numerous times in my daily dealings, that I have had a distinct memory/flashback of a good time I might have had in Disneyland. It presents itself in many forms. For example, a dank/moist smell might remind me exactly of the beginning of Pirates, local bakery scents remind me of walking into Disneyland as it opens and smelling the delicacies of Blue Ribbon Bakery, tantilizing my taste buds. All in all, the flashbacks/memories generally make me depressed and wish upon a wish that I could be there at that moment, at the same time escalating my anticipation of my pending trip to the breaking point.

Things that might happen only on occasion, that immediately make you think of this glorious place. Got any? Love to hear that others have Disney ticks like me.

Gemini Cricket
03-16-2004, 08:51 PM
The song 'America' by Neil Diamond reminds me of my first trip to DL. So every time I hear it, I think of DL.

The Pointer Sisters remind me of DL. I saw a 30th or 35th anniversary special of DL with them on it. Every time I hear 'I'm So Excited' or 'Neutron Dance' I think of DL.

When I hear MJ's 'Another Part of Me' I think of EO and DL.

When I wait in a long line for anything: the bank, movies, concerts... I think of the park.

To name a few...

:)

TrekkieDad
03-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Big parking lots. I've been known to say, "I've parked closer at Disneyland!"

Kevy Baby
03-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Every time I hear "867-5309 (Jenny)" I think of Disneyland. They (Tommy Tutone) played my Grad Night in 1982 and played a 20 minute rendition of this song at the outdoor stage that used to be where HISTA is now.

MammaSilva
03-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Thanks to my cell phone ring tone....every time I hear my phone ring I think of the park.

When my daughter asks for the change from a shopping trip ....all coin change in this house is considered Disneyland money!

The smell of fresh popcorn will make me think of the park.

The smell of warm cinnamon sugar makes me think of the park!