PDA

View Full Version : The Vineyard Room

only1mouse
03-16-2004, 02:38 PM
My friend and I are off to DL the 1st of April w/o kids. We are wanting to have a nice dinner someplace where we wouldn't normally take the kids.

We have made reservations at The Vineyard Room in DCA and I was curious if anyone happens to have a current menu or if anyone has some great ideas on what's good and what's not!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CarlieB
03-16-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry, I can't tell you what's on the menu, but I have heard really good things about this restaurant. I hope you have a lovely time:)

Not Afraid
03-16-2004, 06:50 PM
The menu at the Vinyard Room changes seasonally. What I had a few months ago is NOT what they will be serving now.

However, I can assure you that each time I've eaten there has been a delight.

They have 3 or 4 course meals with or without wine. You get to choose your items from a list in each section. I would suggest that you share your meals and not order the same thing so you can try more tastes.

I'm getting hungry just talking about it!:p <<Me drooling.:D

Have fun!

CraigMBA
03-16-2004, 06:50 PM
I recently wrote about TVR on another thread.

It's one of my favorite five resturants on the planet, Napa Rose excluded because I've never eaten there and can't speak of it. I understand it's lovely as well.

You have a choice of two course or three course sittings with or without wine parings. The sommiler really cares about the wine parings, and it shows. There are several bottles they serve that are not availible through normal retail channels in California (thanks to Southern and Youngs)from some obscure winerys you have never heard of, but should.

It is outdoor covered patio eating, with heaters for inclement weather. It's also a great place to catch the parade.

You and your better half will have a lovely time.

spectromen
03-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Definitely keep your PS here. You will love it! I have a review of my experience there in MousePlanet's restaurant reviews. The menu does change 4 times a year with the seasons so right now it should have switched to Spring which should offer lots of fresh items not available in winter.

CraigMBA
03-20-2004, 07:17 AM
My wife and I went to the Vineyard Room last night. I was wrong on a couple of things.

It's a three or four course meal. They are open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

One thing I'm still not wrong on is the food. It's still devine.

We tried to go to the Napa Rose, but we couldn't get a seat before 8:45 on a walk up.

only1mouse
03-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Thanks so much everyone. We are really looking forward to going and having a wonderful meal.

cstephens
03-23-2004, 08:16 PM
FYI, I've posted a review of our dinner at The Vineyard Room this past Sunday (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=369523#post369523), including the current menu, in case you're interested.