PDA

View Full Version : DCA lack of maintenance really starting to show

spectromen
03-16-2004, 09:57 AM
A few too many things at once have finally prompted me to write and see if anyone else finds more to add to this list. I'm hoping that someone within the Company will see and hasten the process involved in getting these things repaired:

-Broken sunglasses on the dinosaur at the sunglass shop
-Faded gray paint on the top of the Golden Dreams dome as well as jittery projector during showing of said film
-No light animation/show on the Sun Wheel anymore
-Pier string lights around the bend near Screamin' still not replaced as well as sound restored
-Orange Stinger JUST returned from rehab and no repair made to orange neon strips that are burnt out

sediment
03-16-2004, 10:39 AM
I just turned on the Cast Member Matt searchlight. He should see it when it gets dark.

Seriously, though, send it to Cast Member Matt.
You also should have written a note to DL City Hall (or whatever counterpart DCA has -- a DMV office?) and dropped it off before you left.

Cancer Norm
03-16-2004, 02:09 PM
:~D Let DCA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disney Vault
03-16-2004, 02:19 PM
I think in about 8 years it will be a pretty decent park.

zapppop
03-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Maybe they figured since so few people go to DCA, maybe no one will notice.

Disneyfreak
03-16-2004, 03:45 PM
1.California Screamin needs to be repainted.
2.Dome on Golden Dreams needs painting.
3.Soarin over California screens need to be cleaned and repaired. There is a noticable grid on the screens with a whole bunch of dirt and dust on the screen. This is the major problem that bugs me.

sediment
03-16-2004, 03:46 PM
I think the sunglasses are supposed to be broken. and that the dinosaur is getting new ones at the shop right now.

[unashamed rumor-mongering] It could also be a tribute ...
[/unashamed rumor-mongering]

Disney Vault
03-16-2004, 05:28 PM
the sunglasses are not suppose to be broken. You can sea a faded line where it use to be.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Zogs
:~D Let DCA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This got a chuckle out of me. :D I have to say I kind of agree....I'd rather they spend more cash on the actual theme park across the way.

Disneyfreak
03-16-2004, 10:39 PM
I say give DCA a chance. At the rate it is going it is improving fast. Give it ten years like someone said and it should be worth that full admission.:)

Boingonut
03-17-2004, 03:05 AM
Let DCA fall apart, and save the money for more important things like a DL for rehab like bringing back the night painters, and do something with the sub pond (or better yet bring the subs back!) and fix tommarowland. Don't wast paint on DCA when it could be used on Disneyland!:~D

DorisZ
03-17-2004, 04:58 AM
Hmmmmmm!

Let's see, peeling paint, music not working on rides, burned out lights.

DCA is sounding more like Disneyland everyday.

Seriously, whether you like DCA or not, it doesn't bode well for either park to be in disrepair. Both parks need to be maintained, it's just good business sense whether you like DCA or not.

Slate
03-17-2004, 05:06 AM
Wow, people sure do complain. Go to Knotts or the other parks and look real close. Aside from having 10% of the theming that DCA/DL has, you will see paint peeling left and right.

DL/DCA is the cleanest and most upkept park I have seen.

My house is spotless but I have a small paint chip in the top corner of my bathroom, guess my house is going to pot.

Not Afraid
03-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Slate
Wow, people sure do complain. Go to Knotts or the other parks and look real close. Aside from having 10% of the theming that DCA/DL has, you will see paint peeling left and right.

My house is spotless but I have a small paint chip in the top corner of my bathroom, guess my house is going to pot.

If you've seen the condition of the park now and compared it to what you saw in, say, 1983, you'd see the reason to complain.

The Parks are a mess. They seem to be getting better, but after years of neglect, it's going to take time.

sediment
03-17-2004, 08:27 AM

1. I don't know of your house's reputation.
2. Do you charge admission based on that reputation?

DCAWhites
03-17-2004, 10:00 AM

Agreed. Well actually knotts paints too much, but their choice in color is quite disgusting (everything is becoming neon), and they use the cheapest paint known to man that will peel off on its own. Disneyland overall does a much better job, and this should be getting even better under Matt, Jay and Greg. I mean, how could they get any worse than what Paul pressler and Cynthia Harriss did?

Nowhereman
03-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Does everyone here think that DCA is worse all the WDW parks in terms of attractions? I've heard MGM doesn't have much to do there.

DorisZ
03-18-2004, 05:01 AM
I haven't been to Florida in 12 years, so I can't honestly say.

When I was at MGM, TOT wasn't opened yet. I remember Star Tours, the movie Ride, a tram ride and that's about it.

The Indiana Jones live show was good if I remember correctly.

DCA isn't Disneyland by any stretch of the imagination, but since I only visit So. Cal once a year, I'm able to enjoy both parks and I'm glad DCA is available.

Do I think the money could have been spent on improving Disneyland instead? Yes, I would love to see a working Tomorrow Land and another E ticket ride, and less breakdowns on premium rides. But the reality is that the investment was made in DCA. Hopefully it will improve over time. I usually get the multi-day park hopper tickets so the cost is not an issue. But the first time I went, I did pay full price and I didn't think it was worth it. And if I could only go to one park, I would choose Disneyland.

Some of us actually like DCA, some tolerate it, others wish it would go back to being a parking lot. But isn't this a typical reaction to anything in life?

kijay
03-18-2004, 10:05 AM
So DCA is not being maintained properly? There is a shock. Did anyone think that it would be? My question is this, we know what an outcry there is when Disneyland has such glaring problems (which it still does), but who is going to take up for DCA? Where will the Save DCA committee meet? When will the save DCA websites pop up?

sediment
03-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Isn't this a "tree falling in the forest" kind of quandry?
If DCA is not maintained and no one shows up, will a web site be created?